Greenhouses

howzz1854

Re: Greenhouses

Post by howzz1854 »

is there an easier way to feed the green house other than using the front loader. if i have say 20 green houses, i would much prefer to use a truck or tipper to unload them if possible.
-bh-

Post by -bh- »

lemansgranprix wrote:Thanks, I'm glad you like it. When we expand, our goal is to keep them tight (back to back) in field 35. So we're hoping to place the next row up to the back of that first row (manure and water would be on the opposite side). And if there's room, repeat that again, although from what we can tell already, that will take a lot of cows.
Update of my greenhouse project, lemansgranprix...Took me awhile to get everything placed just the way i wanted it. Its all pretty damn linear & I'm happy with the way it turned out:

Wouldn't mind seeing a SS of your progress if you have some time.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

Don’t know why people put there greenhouses at the cow palace then end up mostly paying for water and or moaning about it

Put then on the north of the map next to the big river at the top of the map (between port and campsite) , you can then have all the free water you want close by and ample space to put them.

Using just free water greenhouse are still good for $20/hour and no need for cows!
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
zanarkin

Post by zanarkin »

b101uk wrote:Don’t know why people put there greenhouses at the cow palace then end up mostly paying for water and or moaning about it

Put then on the north of the map next to the big river at the top of the map (between port and campsite) , you can then have all the free water you want close by and ample space to put them.

Using just free water greenhouse are still good for $20/hour and no need for cows!
Pretty much because once you can get green houses money is falling from the sky (even on hard) and I'd rather pay for water than drive solid manure across the map a dozen times to fill the greenhouses. Of course you could always plop a lake down near the cows and have it all right at your finger tips. Or you can move the solid manure bunker to a existing lake. The bunker doesn't have to be next to the cows. The same invisible people that are selling your tomatoes and lettuce could transport the solid manure to where your bunker is ;)
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

zanarkin wrote: Pretty much because once you can get green houses money is falling from the sky (even on hard) and I'd rather pay for water than drive solid manure across the map a dozen times to fill the greenhouses. Of course you could always plop a lake down near the cows and have it all right at your finger tips. Or you can move the solid manure bunker to a existing lake. The bunker doesn't have to be next to the cows. The same invisible people that are selling your tomatoes and lettuce could transport the solid manure to where your bunker is ;)
Hardly, especially if paying for water :lol:
zanarkin

Post by zanarkin »

b101uk wrote:
Hardly, especially if paying for water :lol:
You speak as if I don't play the game. I do, and I started out on hard, without cheats, without ever fast forwarding, without doing any missions, and by the time I have green houses on the map and I can testify that money pours in daily between great demands, milk, wool, and green houses. I never even bothered to pay off the 200k loan and still money is thrown at me. The game needs more bills and less income.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

zanarkin wrote:You speak as if I don't play the game. I do, and I started out on hard, without cheats, without ever fast forwarding, without doing any missions, and by the time I have green houses on the map and I can testify that money pours in daily between great demands, milk, wool, and green houses. I never even bothered to pay off the 200k loan and still money is thrown at me. The game needs more bills and less income.
Well let’s do the maths

The maximum income for a greenhouse is $960 per day less property maintenance, costs if paying for water are $528 per day, and property maintenance is about $20 if I recall correctly, profit is thus $412 per day less any tangible cost you place on “messing around” with manure to attain maximum income.

Contrast that with not using ANY manure and just going for $20 per hour income using free water with your greenhouse/s placed in the north right next to the free water.
Income $480 per day less property maintenance at $20 per day equals $460 profit per day with no water cost.

The equipment costs for the later vs. the former are considerable less.

Also you can transport more manure across the map in one go than you can water, i.e. you can only transport 3 greenhouses worth of water but you can transport just shy of 5 greenhouses worth of manure.

You were saying something about “You speak as if I don't play the game” ;)
ryebred

Post by ryebred »

I thought water from rivers still cost money? How is it then that you can put greenhouses up North by the river and get "free" water?
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

ryebred,

The river in the north (top of map) is a major river, you would consider the water in the “other” that runs past the mills (south of your farm) more of a minor stream.

In real life it is much easier and cheaper to get a water extraction licence on a major river than a minor stream, likewise “ownership” of streams can include the water in the stream to the land owners of the banks and bed of the stream, unlike major rivers where more often than not the owners of the bank and bed of the river have NO ownership of the water which is essence belongs to the state thus the people.

I expect it’s like this in FS2013 as a gameplay mechanic, in order to encourage travel with either water, manure or both and to perhaps make you pay for convenience of troughs and the minor stream (being near the middle of the map)
Top Soil

Post by Top Soil »

Interesting view on the river/stream motivation on pricing -- you could very well be correct. Makes it more interesting - altho I still think 500 bucks for a tank of water is a bit steep.

Reminds me of fishing with my grand-dad - we had to ask permission from local farmers to fish for little tiny bait fish in their pasture streams, but then we could take those bait fish to the bigger local river and fish for pike whenever we wanted.

I'd get more into these if the water price wasn't half the profit (you could simplify the above maths by just comparing the cost of water (528) against the increase in revenue from watering the greenhouses (20/hr or 480/day) and not mess with total profit etc. The net difference of 48 bucks is implied.

Maybe there's a mod for a 20k towable water tank, so the boys with greenhouse acres at the cow pasture can do fewer trips. Even that milk truck looks like a 3000 gallon one (11,000 liters) - and I think for moderate prices you could get a 9000 (33k liters) gallon one like the 10,000 population town petrol stations use.
Nina

Post by Nina »

THIS is VERRY usefull information to me. I didnt know about the river. now I do and I am VERRY happy about that. I actualy LIKE traveling with the water and manure. I like to drive around and it makes me feel good. feel like I get something done. just wish there were a scoopable manure trailer BESIDES the spreaders.. like the starter trailer but for manure.
quadsimfarmer

Post by quadsimfarmer »

zanarkin wrote:The game needs more bills and less income.
I agree with that. I'd like to see an addition of land taxes or something. Instead of just paying for a field once, you have to pay $xx in taxes per day depending on how much you own. As in real life, that amount would change depending on if it's used for a field or a building. So as this thread suggests, land taken up by a greenhouse, such as field #35, would cost more than if it was just a grass field. It would have to be based on number of buildings for how the game is structured, but it's a possibility.

Another way could be taxes on income. If $xx amount of lettuce/tomatoes/herbs are sold in a day, then a certain amount would go to Hagenstedt city taxes.
Racn

Post by Racn »

I would like to bring this thread back to topic please. Was kinda nice seeing screenshots of other players set ups of Greenhouse and where they are running them, and how peolple are working around the $1.00 ltr charge for the water from small streams and fountains.
I have 210 cows running 21 greenhouses satisfactorily, cant misdump to often or you still will run out. Also I dont FF time anymore, not sure if that makes any difference.
zanarkin

Post by zanarkin »

I took a non working fuel truck I found on the internet that didn't do a thing and made it a fully functional water truck :-D

The truck when I downloaded it didn't even fill with fuel. It was just a useless truck that you could drive around and nothing else but after a evening coding I no longer need that crappy water trailer. Now I have 25,000 gallons of non potable water at my disposal :)

PS: down time for the farm because of rain so took screen shots to pass the time

Racn

Post by Racn »

Hey thats awesome, you can do all that stuff, hats off. Did you by any chance put that somewhere for download? I would grab that in a jif. *thumbsup*