Specific mod request for default map

oldseawead

Re: Specific mod request for default map

Post by oldseawead »

Here is the modified map. have spent longer than expected trying to get a loader for chaff, most are not setup to pickup chaff and I do not really know how to modify them, does anyone come across a good one?
Sorry no link allowed leave me a message and I will email you the link
Good gaming to all of you!!
Last edited by oldseawead on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top Soil

Post by Top Soil »

thanks very much for your work on this, nicely done :)
Top Soil

Post by Top Soil »

Oldseawead - just wanted to post and say thanks again. I've had a chance to play it now and I'm super happy with what you've done. Love that bridge you put in down to biogas.

I would recommend you submit it or post it with pics to the normal mod sites like FS-uk.com and/or modhoster, as I suspect sometime this week the forum mods will edit it out from above. (If so, I've bookmarked so if anyone wants just PM).

For anyone interested - this is a very nice edit of Woody's HagenstedtV2 map. It consumes field 17, and in exchange you get
- sheep and cows close to the farmstead in a nice layout
- plenty of room to work with bales and your feed mixer wagons without getting in the way of the milk truck.
- With the cows at field 17, you also reduce any performance trouble from having them right next to where the vehicles mostly sit and reset.
- seawead's fixed woody's broken solid manure pit, and it works fine
- great road/bridge put in between the homestead area down to the biogas plant
- he's avoided much of the infrastructure tampering that a lot of default-map mods do, like buying a bunch of fields for you or putting in a monstrous area of grass (and he's removed the windmills :)) -- and the beauty of the standard hagenstedy map is still there, no ripping out of mountains to make ocean sized fields.
- nice touches with greenery, without completely messing things up with too many collidable fences like so many map mods do
- his default vehicles file starts you off with a variety of decent equipment - several modest tractors, a frontloader, 10 cows and a few sheep, etc: basically a bit of bling and a head start, for a nice interpretation of a tiny but fully functional farm.

Only one very minor annoyance, which was inherent in Woody's map and not something seawead did, is that there is no direct access from the central yard to fields 14-16 due to the sheep pasture wrapping around the whole area - gotta drive out to the road or behind the buildings to get to those closeby 3 fields. Be cool to maybe swap the house to closer to the road, and make the sheep yard more in the back, and leave a harvester sized opening between buildings.
** (or even just remove the hitboxes of the fences there -- can a noob like me do that myself with the editor?)

great map for people interesting in dairy farming, without wanting to overdo it with freebies

Thanks again.
oldseawead

Post by oldseawead »

Top Soil,

You might be interested in the latest edition of the map, with access thru sheep pen to fields 14 - 16.
A mod of the Agrovector shovel to load everything + cow feed.
I cannot put link on forum so let me know if interest and I will email link via PM.
Top Soil

Post by Top Soil »

OMG yes, Seawead please, that would be spectacular!

I've been playing a lot on Mario's map, because I like having the open access to those fields -- but I'm desperate for some more room to work with bales. Now that I'm up to 1000 cows again on the hard mode game, I spend a lot of time on those, and have been really thinking of restarting on your map because of the big area for cow feed mixing. I'm also now working field 7 with corn-chaff, and do a lot of trips to the biogas -- your map with that bridge is great.

Looking forward to your PM, sir, and thank you once again.

You should upload it to one of the mod sites, I would highly recommend people have a play with your map - it's a very good hagenstedt mod. /tiphat