Too many Bales stacked in one location

lemansgranprix

Too many Bales stacked in one location

Post by lemansgranprix »

Just want to warn anyone that is attempting to fill a barn with bales that we saved and re-opened a game right after stacking an additional stack of bales and all of our equipment began to "fall through the earth" so to speak. It appears we stacked too many objects in one place.

After stacking our last stack (giving us 18 hay) and saving, closing and re-opening, we received the following error in our log file and the tractors (and implements) began "falling". We would tab into a tractor that was "falling" into blackness (see screenshots below). We were attempting to stack full stacks of bales (just before the bug we reached 15 straw and 17 hay) in a barn.

Log file error
PhysX unknown error: Internal error: Too many pairs created, new pairs will be ignored. This is perhaps due to an excessive number of objects created at one location.

In order to fix this, we had to sell off one entire stack of bales.

Our Stacked Bales

Objects falling (view looking down)

View looking up
zanarkin

Re: Too many Bales stacked in one location

Post by zanarkin »

I never had luck with keeping them stacked as restarting the game alone routinely caused many to fall over. Also, with that many bales your vehicle file must be huge!

I got tired of them falling over and getting mixed together that I just made a simple caged in area to keep them out of the way and separated.

wizard4278

Post by wizard4278 »

I have the same problem of stacks falling over and mixing with each other. So I found this bale shed with 4 bays. I use 2 for round bales, 1 for square bales and 1 to store my baler and stacker. The added heigth allow for the use of the larger capacity autostacker. Another thing I like about this shed is that it has a floor and approach apron, so if you've converted field space to barnyard, you won't have dirt floors.
Professional Wise-Ass ~ Purveyor of Sarcastic Humor ~ Part-Time Alcoholic
~If you think I'm bad here, you should see me on Facebook~
GNiessen

Post by GNiessen »

I had noticed bales in the vehicles.xml file with large negative values:

<item className="Bale" filename="data/maps/models/objects/strawbale/strawbaleBaler.i3d" position="-3965.0231933594 -561138.875 -1399.3737792969" rotation="-1.7861243486404 0.65466910600662 0.12266587466002" fillLevel="2200"/>

I am not sure where these disappeared from. It may have been the AA$47Moeller trailer MOD. But I have not tested to be sure. They warn not to leave bales on the trailer when saving.