[SOLVED] No Intro, No Sound Bug

johnb32xq

[SOLVED] No Intro, No Sound Bug

Post by johnb32xq »

Hello, I am getting a bug after starting the game,

PC/Steam, Windows 10
Issue: The game will Load then after the loading screen the Intro Screen will come up and it just stays Black, i'll press escape a couple times and then it will come to the main menu and there will be no sound, I tried changing volume and stuff no result

I am running steam version, I tried the basic troubleshooting, I have verify integrity of game files, My Nivida Drivers are fully upgraded, made run as admin etc

Have attached log file
Attachments
log.txt
Here is my game Log
(2.56 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
richardsiegers

Re: No Intro, No Sound Bug

Post by richardsiegers »

7.1 sound doesnt work change to 5.1 or 2.0
johnb32xq

Post by johnb32xq »

Found out somepeople saying its something to do with USB 7.1, i run Cosair Void Pro Wireless, and they have a button in the console to switch between 7.1 and Stereo i have no option to change to 5.1, i tried this and it didnt fix it, i unplugged my usb dongle from my computer and the sound and intro worked
Jinxtrr

Post by Jinxtrr »

I am having the same issue. I can't see the intro, it's just a black screen. Then no sound for the rest of the game. I am using stereo right off the motherboard (ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Wifi). I have tried switching between 7.1, 5.1, stereo and mono and nothing changed.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Yes, the game does not support 7.1 - only stereo. You may try to emulate something for your headset with some windows settings but the game itself does not support anything other than stereo.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
johnb32xq

Post by johnb32xq »

x Lethian x wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:24 am Yes, the game does not support 7.1 - only stereo. You may try to emulate something for your headset with some windows settings but the game itself does not support anything other than stereo.
Will there be an update for 7.1 support
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [SOLVED] No Intro, No Sound Bug

Post by x Lethian x »

We will definitely have a look into supporting 7.1 surround sound in the future. It's too early to tell for now, though.
johnb32xq

Post by johnb32xq »

x Lethian x wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:43 pm We will definitely have a look into supporting 7.1 surround sound in the future. It's too early to tell for now, though.
Why the Future?? this should be fixed in the current fix that the devs are currently working on, I shouldn't really have to go out and spend more money on another headset cause the game doesn't support 7.1...
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

The fix will enable you to play the game with 7.1 settings enabled but the game engine only supports stereo for now.