Observations on maintenance

Rbk_3

Re: Observations on maintenance

Post by Rbk_3 »

livesea72 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:41 pm I wish we could keep the worn look even after making repairs. How many farmers tractors look brand new after repairs much less after 30 hours of use?
This is a good suggestion. Repair the engine but have the worn look on the body remain
PC: 9600k/1080ti
Racn

Post by Racn »

or change lifespan :this:
Elway358

Post by Elway358 »

OlD MrD wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:23 pm
Elway358 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:57 pm The wear(rust, etc) on my equipment never gets reset
Interesting if you are getting different resualts? What platform ? And are you referring to dirt (which does stay after repair) or the actual paint scraping/ware (the shiny under metal showing through)v
I'm playing on a PS4 pro. It's definitely wear (rusted metal and worn off/scraped paint). I actually was going to come here and ask how you got rid of it since repairing didn't change it. I like the worn look but will probably want to RP as if I repainted/refreshed it at some point. Maybe I should buy a power washer to test and see if that removes it.
Elway358

Post by Elway358 »

Here's an example of what my equipment still shows after repair but no washing. Its definitely dirty but that sure looks like rusted metal around the edges and certain scattered spots where you would expect to find rust. Its even more rusted looking on certain other colors/tractors. Unless that's just some weird looking "rusty" dirt/mud texture?
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

Elway358 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:30 am Here's an example of what my equipment still shows after repair
Yes I think that is just the dirt not the ware damage, that should come right off with the pressure washer.
The ware is a more metallic look, it looks cool when you get *thumbsup*
Farming Simulator 15/17/19/22 on SeriesX & PC
Current tractor : Case IH 1455 XL
Current Map : Old Stream Farm
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

try washing the equipment then give us another photo so we can see if there is a difference.
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

Knottypine wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:21 pm Incorrect. In 17, we were in fact charged twice. A daily maintenance fee, AND we also had to pay for repairs manually. What did the daily maintenance fee do exactly when we still had to manually repair? And the daily maintenance fee applied even on equipment that wasn't used at all during the day.
There were no repairs in FS17, only the daily maintenance fee. If you had repairs, you had a mod that added them.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

The maintenance fee was proportionate the age of the equipment on 17. Meaning that you could end up paying double or more the initial maintenance.
Now I think you just pay a flat price for the percentage of the "repairs" needed.
hallfastrac

Post by hallfastrac »

This part of the game is totally wrong i play the game in real time as i was a farmer for 40 yrs, the combine i was using was only one day old and slowed down charged £2300 to get the speed back, this wouldn't happen in real life where all our machinery was maintained in the winter by me ready for the coming season where apart from the odd break down and a bit of grease didn't need servicing again while all the work was done.
Elway358

Post by Elway358 »

OlD MrD wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:00 am
Elway358 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:30 am Here's an example of what my equipment still shows after repair
Yes I think that is just the dirt not the ware damage, that should come right off with the pressure washer.
The ware is a more metallic look, it looks cool when you get *thumbsup*
Ahh ok. Totally don't doubt it but that looks nothing like mud/dirt. It looks exactly like rusted thick gauge steel. Even the way the paint around the texture is "bubbled" up like its rusted. I want to wash it now to see it change but I really like the rusted edges look. :hmm:
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

It's had some teething problems but Gold Rush has a pretty nice repairs system which I think would carry over quite nicely to FS. It has random breakdowns (now seasons enabled also) and you have to purchase and replace parts on your equipment yourself. Trouble for FS19 though could be that while it was added in Gold Rush after release as a patch update I think they envisioned it from the outset and coded the game accordingly from the ground up. Also FS has a lot more equipment than Gold Rush. Something for Giants to consider going forward though hopefully.
INSTG8R

Post by INSTG8R »

All your equipment health is in the pause menu in percentages