Downloadable patches please!!

Hefilump

Downloadable patches please!!

Post by Hefilump »

Why can't we have downloadable patches like previous version?

All previous versions of FS came with downloadable patch files that you could install in your own time.

Currently I have managed to download 25% of the current patch - only taken an hour!! And cannot turn the computer off until it has finished. :confusednew:

I can download a 75GB file in 15 minutes normally - I have a 900MB/s download speed.

Why does it take sooooo long?

Come on Giants - get your act together!
Platform: PC - Lenovo Legion 7, AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, 32 GB Ram, Nvidia GTX3080 16GB VRAM, 2 x 1TB NVME SSDs

Controls: Keyboard, Mouse, Logitech Heavy Equipment Wheel and Side Controller

NOT STEAM DRIVEN!!
Chefke1989

Re: Downloadable patches please!!

Post by Chefke1989 »

this ain't giants my friend. Steam is the providing issue, i aswell noticed that the download speed on steam has being reduced. and if you look wel on the websites there are multiple ways to download it.
sergdor

Post by sergdor »

This is very much a giants issue if you are downloading from the giants servers. I have been trying to update my game for 6 hours from the giants download server and I am only at 50% . all of the steam copies have been updated but the copy I need to run my server is taking entirely to long for a game company in year 2021.
Hefilump

Post by Hefilump »

I, like sergdor, am not using Steam - I am trying to update a DVD copy.

Now at 2.5 hours and only 1448 out of 2689 MB - Pathetic!!
Platform: PC - Lenovo Legion 7, AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, 32 GB Ram, Nvidia GTX3080 16GB VRAM, 2 x 1TB NVME SSDs

NOT STEAM DRIVEN!!
tom42728

Post by tom42728 »

any chance I get I will not use steam for games .. anyway Direct Downloads from Giants is throwing up All Download Servers Are Down Error

For those that don't know you can manually Download the patch but you must download the whole game again from the eshop just to get the updated version this will take several hours as when I Purchased my Game it took me a day and a half to download it
Platform: PC
Specs: ASUS ROG Strix x570 MB, Ryzen 9 x5950 CPU, 128gig DDR4 Ram and GTX 1660 SC Ultra Graphics Card
Hefilump

Post by Hefilump »

Just downloaded the whole, updated game file (12.8GB) in 1/10th of the time it took to download the 2.5GB update. *thumbsdown*

Maybe this is the way to go in the future??

NOT STEAM DRIVEN!!
Instigator

Post by Instigator »

I started updating at 5am, after it froze twice, my third attempt was successful. It finished around 1pm. Put me on that list for downloadable patches please. (ISP download speed at the time was 87Mbs)
Ecksrated

Post by Ecksrated »

I Agree!!! I started my download at 7:00am and it is now 3:45pm and I am only 1622Mb/2689Mb. I have 117Mb download speeds at the time of writing this while my update is downloading. UNACCEPTABLE! This was my first time getting the game through the website.....I knew I should have gotten it through Steam like I normally do!
Gormett

Post by Gormett »

this ain't giants my friend. Steam is the providing issue, i aswell noticed that the download speed on steam has being reduced. and if you look wel on the websites there are multiple ways to download it.
That's purely Giants issue with their servers not being able to handle such load. There's a reason Steam takes the 30% cut off of every sale because they also provide the bandwidth, servers, achievements, community hub and much more. Compared to Giants who even has you sign off the right to refund when you buy from them.