Parsing files to update

MagicBoy

Re: Parsing files to update

Post by MagicBoy »

Sam124 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:28 pm Hi there. Same boat here. Downloaded software 3 times.(Pc dvd,digital download, zip file) all same conclusion. Parsing files to update then all download servers down. Tried all reccomended fixes from GIANT. Nothing! I have one unhappy kid. Any help would be appreciated
Got third party antivirus software installed? Tried disabling it temporarily?
Marcusjlowe

Post by Marcusjlowe »

https://youtu.be/SY0NSJadXP8
Hi guys
I found this guy today on YouTube and it sorted my problem. I now have one happy 12 year old.
No sure if you can click on the link for it to work, you might have to copy it and paste into Mr Google. Hopefully this might help
Cheers marc
nathonian8

Post by nathonian8 »

Here we are, nearly the end of February, Giants still won't even address this issue. Even if you contact support directly they give you the same tired auto-reply and don't even try to help. What is the purpose of these forums if Giants is just going to ignore them? I paid $80 for this game just so that I could receive it 2 weeks late and have this stupid 5 minute wait every time I want to play. I wonder if enough of us demand refunds and then go get the Steam version, will that make Giants pay attention?
GNiessen

Post by GNiessen »

Not if you buy the Steam version. I doubt they care where they get their money. I guess we need to complain more.
GNiessen

Post by GNiessen »

I for sure am not giving them any more money if they won't fix this issue.
Tealdog038

Post by Tealdog038 »

I have found that as soon as the launcher comes up hit cancel and it will load the game without the 5min wait.

They say the problem has something to do with having a slow internet connection and to update by downloading the new version in e shop. Which with my slow internet takes about a day if my internet doesn't drop out which it did last time, so that stretched it out to about 3 days. I mean no big deal what's 3 days :lol:
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Curious, what’s the definition of slow internet in some various places in Europe? Just curious because this comes up a lot.
Tealdog038

Post by Tealdog038 »

Quoted from the Updates page 'If you are experiencing problems with your automatic update or do not have access to fast internet speeds, please use our eShop to download the latest full version'

I can't speak for other countries but in mine you have "internet" with a download speed of 8mb/second (never been above 6 personally). Then we have "high speed internet" which can be up to 900mb/s
scoots86

Post by scoots86 »

Middle of April, still no fix to this? It is a bit absurd to have to download the entire new game every time there is an update just because of where I purchased the game through, especially when there is literally a button to manually apply patches that you won't let us download. Also, even if you have high speed connection their servers are absolute garbage. No respectable company should have 900k/s download speeds when the client has a 100mbps connection.
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

giants has understood that we are a people of players to rob because we believe every time they release a new release we delude ourselves by looking at their trailers that we are facing a new game while again there are only new problems and new bugs many will never come solved. the engine is old and in an attempt to show us special effects they create further problems for the old engine and programmers are not up to the task of creating a new game, they will be young people who are put in front of the pc to write millions of lines of code without knowing What are they doing. for me I'm done with farming that I have been buying since 2011
dengel8

Post by dengel8 »

Giants developers still have yet to acknowledge this problem exists. I am getting very annoyed and have voiced my opinion but nothing comes of it. I'm sick of seeing content being added to the game when they cannot address a simple update issue. MAKE THE UPDATES DOWNLOADABLE!!! No reason that this game cannot be updated in the same way as versions past. Very disgusted with the handling of this situation. GIANTS gives no care in the world to their playerbase that actually is looking for support with the game. I'm not sure what it's going to take to get their attention but this is just pure negligence on their part. You should be ashamed GIANTS, what a bad company model. Take the cash and run
Tealdog038

Post by Tealdog038 »

Agreed! The 1.4 update is apparently broken so those of us who have to download the entire 12.9gb probably best wait for the 1.4.1 update.
Tealdog038

Post by Tealdog038 »

Just thought I would bump this thread as I'm looking down the barrel of another 13gb update download with an estimated finish time of 2 days and the updater is still not working
Tealdog038

Post by Tealdog038 »

So I've been in contact with tech support and they say to reset your router.

Didn't work for me but hey it might work for someone :lol:

Dude even had the nerve to ask me why I rolled back to a previous version to test his theory, wtf!!

Good on you giants
Kered g

Post by Kered g »

I just start the game using the 64bit launcher, its good for those of you on a x64bit windows.

Go into your installation directory and look for folder called x64, open it and double click on the FarmingSimulator2022Game.exe icon, the game starts without waiting.

Hope this helps someone till the problem is addressed.