Stadia Still Broken on 1.4

Staalker

Stadia Still Broken on 1.4

Post by Staalker »

Since 1.3 the game crashes. You have to restart every single time. This takes between 5 and 20 minutes, but happens every game session.

New farms can go up to an hour, but they will crash, and once they do it happens every 5 to 20 minutes from then on.

Autosave only happens when you open a menu, so usually you lose progress when it crashes.

The game is unplayable. I tried it again today, with the new 1.4 update, and the game is still crashing this way. In fact, it only took it 3 minutes to crash this time.

Giants you MUST STOP ignoring this issue.

If you can't fix it, then refund and pull the game from sales. I have reached out through support, email, support forums...I am now even trying to get Stadia to help, and all they can say is "it is up to the developer to correct this issue."

To be clear, it IS ABSOLUTLEY the game, because I have over 100 titles on Stadia and they all play fine. Including Farming Simulator 19. The ONLY game that crashes like this is Farming Simulator 22.

Prior to 1.3 I did not have this issue. Whatever you did in 1.3 created this issue for me, and many others. I have spoken to over 300 people who claim they have the same issue since 1.3. I have always had faith in you to fix issues, to the point I bought the DLC despite not being offered the Season Pass.

But your silence on this issue, I am starting to think you have no intentions of fixing it.

Thank you.
JensChrDK

Re: Stadia Still Broken on 1.4

Post by JensChrDK »

No, you have to restart - I don't, my game works fine. Have never had a crash since november 22nd. Have you tried with no mods?
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Staalker

Post by Staalker »

There are no mods on Stadia.
stride

Post by stride »

Funny, I've had this exact behaviour on stadia when they launched it and my ticket got closed with the 1.3 patch saying things in relation to these crashes were fixed.
Can't tell if it still persists since I've switched away from stadia for FS22 due to this bug being too frustrating to play at all.
Staalker

Post by Staalker »

stride wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:20 am Funny, I've had this exact behaviour on stadia when they launched it and my ticket got closed with the 1.3 patch saying things in relation to these crashes were fixed.
Can't tell if it still persists since I've switched away from stadia for FS22 due to this bug being too frustrating to play at all.
I don't have the option to change platforms.

I didn't have the issue prior to 1.3, but now I do.
fatherted

Post by fatherted »

Same same. 1.3 broke the game, 1.4 crashes even quicker. Literally the only game on Stadia that does this.

Giants absolutely are ignoring this issue, it's a cultural issue, German companies seem to view customers as a necessary inconvenience to them running a business, and as long as PC players don't complain too much, tiny (nice to have) platforms like Stadia can be ignored.

From a technical perspective I strongly believe the issue is with the way Google's Windows to Linux porting kit is handling the game engine. They use something similar to Wine bottler apparently. Crashes always happen when the shader cache is overloaded, usually when the player loads in, when travelling to a new area of the map, or when too many objects are in view. Maybe this is something to do with the way DirectX gets translated for Linux and handles buffer overruns? Who knows? I'm not a dev.

The Giants Engine is old and shakey, but they won't change it, it's a real house of cards and there's a huge mod community that use it to provide awesome content (which is blocked from stadia).

So please Giants. Have someone who knows Linux well, and who knows how games should run natively, look at your port and find out why it's crashing. It makes you and Google look bad and stops us enjoying what should be a decent game.
Staalker

Post by Staalker »

At the very least, if you're not going to fix it, refund us.
re3el

Post by re3el »

100% this!! Fix it or pull it from the store
Staalker

Post by Staalker »

Stadia's update on Monday has helped. I only had one crash in 8 hours. I can live with that. Sure, I'd love perfection, but noting is perfect. At least it's playable now.