'Warning: Send called with unknown target address.' Error

onebigsho

'Warning: Send called with unknown target address.' Error

Post by onebigsho »

Hello,

We are starting to see this error in our dedicated server game:

'Warning: Send called with unknown target address.'

This error shows up right at the same time we all get booted from the game. It doesn't matter if we are just standing around looking at each other, actively farming, or just driving around in vehicles. When this error shows up, the CPU on the machine spikes to 100% and stays there for about 1-2 minutes before coming back down to normal.

Specs of host node:

Windows 10 pro
32 vCPU
80GB Ram
250GB SSD
System is in a VM
Game and DLC installed via Steam

Once this error shows up, it takes about 2-3 minutes for the game to show back up in the Multiplayer Screen but we do not have to go into the server to start/restart it. It just shows back up.
onebigsho

Re: 'Warning: Send called with unknown target address.' Error

Post by onebigsho »

Still experiencing this issue even after the latest update on 11/10. :( No response from Giants to the bug report either :(
onebigsho

Post by onebigsho »

Still no response from Giants to the bug report, on the forums, or to support ticket requests :( Very disappointing.
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

onebigsho wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:08 am Still no response from Giants to the bug report, on the forums, or to support ticket requests :( Very disappointing.
Did you rent your dedicated server with giants or?
onebigsho

Post by onebigsho »

No. I have my own server hardware located in a datacenter on the east coast. The server far exceeds minimum specs and is 100% NVME/SSD based. Purchased the game via Steam and was running on a Windows 10 Pro virtual machine with 32 cores CPU dedicated to it and 64GB minimum, burstable to 80GB Ram assigned. In theory, the machine should have just chewed through the game without breaking a sweat but instead its been plagued by problems to the point, its not playable.
onebigsho

Post by onebigsho »

Welp gave up. Giants never responded to the support ticket, nor the bug report :( Steam refuses to give a refund but at least my credit card company was able to charge it back since I've been able to document everything. Such a terrible way to do business :( Really enjoy Farm Sim, just don't believe I should have to pay someone else to host the game when I have hardware that is more than capable.

:(