FS 22 Special Editions On Physical Disk For PC Not Available In The US

RcDriver

FS 22 Special Editions On Physical Disk For PC Not Available In The US

Post by RcDriver »

Does anyone know why FS 22 Premium Edition or Platinum Edition is only available to purchase from Giants Software as a digital download only for PC and not available on a physical disk? Call me weird but, I like my games to be on a disk. And my apologizes if this has been answered already.
Tommy93

Re: FS 22 Special Editions On Physical Disk For PC Not Available In The US

Post by Tommy93 »

RcDriver wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:07 am Does anyone know why FS 22 Premium Edition or Platinum Edition is only available to purchase from Giants Software as a digital download only for PC
First I would like to recommend never buying directly from giants, steam is the way to go. It's way easier with steam to have another install on a new pc etc.

And I don't know why you can't buy the expansions dvd in the US. Maybe they still being shipped or anything, since it just has been released.
But in my opinion:
Digital is the new way to go, you can always install it, no need of a disk that might get scratched and won't work anymore.
RcDriver

Post by RcDriver »

I would rather buy directly from Giants rather from a third party company when buying FS 22 on disk. I would like to think that Giants would have a warranty of sorts on the disk itself, where others may not. I've looked for FS 22 locally and all that is offered is the standard version, so it could be that the expansions isn't available yet or at least not for PC. Call me old school but, I like my games on disk.
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

RcDriver wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:50 am I would rather buy directly from Giants rather from a third party company when buying FS 22 on disk. I would like to think that Giants would have a warranty of sorts on the disk itself, where others may not. I've looked for FS 22 locally and all that is offered is the standard version, so it could be that the expansions isn't available yet or at least not for PC. Call me old school but, I like my games on disk.
Your first sentence confuses me, because I never said to buy your disk from steam, as that is not possible anyway.

You always have warranty, wherever you buy your disk. So I don't understand why you want your disk purchased with giants and then pay for extra shipping towards the US, when you should be able to buy It in the US on any retail store and you still got warranty then.

But I said: i recommend you buy a digital version from Giants. And I said that because of issues I've seen before from people on this forum. ONE of those issues can be found here: viewtopic.php?t=203375

But if you want a disk that's upto you and that's your choice. I only gave a suggestion because you'll never damage or lose a digital version of a game, at least not on a steam account.

The dvd pc expansions are available for pc, so they definitely exist:
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

In my eyes the problem with a digital only version is when your internet provider goes down you are unable to access the game as it is in the cloud and not on your computer. At least this is the way it is for me. I have the digital version with all the mods on PS5 and I am not able to play when I am offline as the game will not open.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

Kamoore65536 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:25 pm In my eyes the problem with a digital only version is when your internet provider goes down you are unable to access the game as it is in the cloud and not on your computer
What service are you using? I'm using Steam and the game is fully installed on my machine. I've been able to run it even when the net is down.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

Earnest Pea wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:15 pm What service are you using? I'm using Steam and the game is fully installed on my machine. I've been able to run it even when the net is down.
Same here, got it on Steam can play it fine without any internet connection, because the game is installed on the PC.
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

@Earnest Pea & Tommy93, I am on a PS5. I get my game thru Sony. I believe that is the problem with being able to play when internet is down. I tried the computer I have listed on FS19 and did not like the way the computer handled the game.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

Sorry. I reread your post and realized I missed the mention of the PS5.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

Unfortunately the US retail market is a bit tricky, which is why the physics disk version of the Premium Edition is not available in the US at the moment.
However, in terms of handling, the GIANTS ESD PC version (https://www.farming-simulator.com/buy-n ... =pcdigital) and the PC DVD version are mostly identical. For both, you only are required to have an internet connection when you launch the game the first time. Unlike Steam or other platforms, there is also no requirement to go online every once in a while.
Of course you will still need an internet connection for the online features like game updates, mod downloads, multiplayer, etc.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Kamoore65536 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:48 pm @Earnest Pea & Tommy93, I am on a PS5. I get my game thru Sony. I believe that is the problem with being able to play when internet is down. I tried the computer I have listed on FS19 and did not like the way the computer handled the game.
Make sure you’re not streaming the game or storing it on the cloud. I’m pretty sure you can physically install games that don’t require connection to play.