Looking for a M+ map to play

Voncarsteine

Looking for a M+ map to play

Post by Voncarsteine »

Hey all,

I wish you a very good 2024!

I'm trying to play with maize plus but I think the map needs to be ready for it? On my current run on Griffin Indiana none of the seeders can sow Alfalfa, so I can't feed the cows or sheep with it. This map is great for me because I like the field sizes. Some big, some small, some medium and I can play around with bigger and smaller equipment.

Only downside is the game only has 1 open pasture mod (at least i found) for cows and sheep, from the Elk Mountain modding set. I have my 500 cows now, but they don't produce milk, nor slurry, nor manure. I think that's because the open pasture doesn't have these triggers.

So I'm looking for a new map. Do you know of any other map for me?

What I really want in a map:
+ The cows/sheep/pigs can roam outside instead of spending their lives in a barn. Cows are most important though, I can use my sheep mod else.
+ Maize plus ready, so I can seed and harvest Alfalfa to be able to make TMR and alfalfa hay for sheep
+ Strong preference for either US or UK maps, with fields not all square. Like Griffin Indiana or The Old Stream.
+ Selection of small/medium/large fields. Not all large because I get bored running up and down for a hours :)

I hope you guys know of a map!

Thanks in advance all
Candyman35

Re: Looking for a M+ map to play

Post by Candyman35 »

Voncarsteine wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:08 am Hey all,

I'm trying to play with maize plus but I think the map needs to be ready for it? On my current run on Griffin Indiana none of the seeders can sow Alfalfa, so I can't feed the cows or sheep with it. This map is great for me because I like the field sizes. Some big, some small, some medium and I can play around with bigger and smaller equipment.

Only downside is the game only has 1 open pasture mod (at least i found) for cows and sheep, from the Elk Mountain modding set. I have my 500 cows now, but they don't produce milk, nor slurry, nor manure. I think that's because the open pasture doesn't have these triggers.

+ The cows/sheep/pigs can roam outside instead of spending their lives in a barn. Cows are most important though, I can use my sheep mod else.
+ Maize plus ready, so I can seed and harvest Alfalfa to be able to make TMR and alfalfa hay for sheep
+ Strong preference for either US or UK maps, with fields not all square. Like Griffin Indiana or The Old Stream.
+ Selection of small/medium/large fields. Not all large because I get bored running up and down for a hours :)

Thanks in advance all
Unless you know something I don't you can't plant alfalfa you hafta plant grass and then tedder it to make it .
Voncarsteine

Post by Voncarsteine »

Candyman35 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:13 am
Voncarsteine wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:08 am Hey all,

Thanks in advance all
Unless you know something I don't you can't plant alfalfa you hafta plant grass and then tedder it to make it .
On some maps, like Court Farm, you can seed alfalfa, then mow and ted it into alfalfa hay or turn it into alfalfa silage, required for either roughage or protein silage. I can't seem to make it work on my cow pen in Griffin Indiana though, because I get no milk, no slurry and no manure and on Court Farm my chickens need >750l of food per day (which is more than the container can hold) and their health still drops even with buying chicken food. I'm thinking the map must be M+ ready for it to work.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Elk mountain and stone valley pc version have alfalfa.