Movement stuck in a direction

aktorsyl

Movement stuck in a direction

Post by aktorsyl »

Hi guys, need some help here. I've searched through the sub and google/steam/everything but I'm coming up short.

Over the last few days this started happening more and more, to the point where it is now always happening. If I press any of the wsad movement keys, I'm stuck running in that direction. At that point everything goes to ****. Tab doesn't work, I have to press escape about 20 times to maybe get into the menu, etc. It's not lagging, but it's as if it's processing a keypress or something constantly.

What I've done so far: verified steam files, cleared all fs22 settings (even deleted the game and input xmls and let it regenerate them), double-checked that I don't have any controllers connected (only kb and mouse), ran a save with all the mods disabled, and restarted the pc several times.

I'm out of ideas. Any of you ever had the same?

Keyboard and mouse work fine outside of the game so it's not them either.

UPDATE: Further debug info:

I've completely removed FS22, deleted the folder, as well as the folder in Documents. Basically nuked any trace of it. Reinstalled fresh, loaded absolutely zero mods, didn't even change any game settings. Into a map, and it's happening again.

I then used Easy Development Controls to display the debug info. It definitely seems to be limited to the movement keys, the movement indicator flickers super fast as if the movement key is being spammed every 1ms or something. Regardless of WHICH key it is, I even remapped the movement keys to a completely random set of keys to see if it might be the WSAD keys, but it happens on the remapped keys too. All 4 directions are affected, at random it'll get stuck and do the above.

Went back to control panel, verified that there are absolutely no leftover controllers or any other input devices. Nada. Obviously sticky keys etc are all off, as well. FS22 log file also shows nothing that would indicate an issue.

So yeah I don't know...
loki_79

Re: Movement stuck in a direction

Post by loki_79 »

You have already checked the usual things (mods, steering wheel, controllers) and I can't think of anything else that would only happen AFTER you start moving. Have you got any keyboard software running that changes the timing or something? I have no good ideas.. Can you try with a different keyboad? Maybe try something like this to identify/log key presses from windows? https://softwarerecs.stackexchange.com/ ... -on-screen
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Absolutely no mods in the mods folder? Or no mods selected on savegame start?

Also, delete your log file (in my documents/ my games/ farming simulator folder), run the game, and after it happens again, post the new log file here. How-to in my signature
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Claudio92

Post by Claudio92 »

Hi , i haved the same problem , almost trew my pc in trash , but after i checked the log file , i saw that the mod MUDSYSTEM is the issue
Guil

Post by Guil »

Even though you removed the fs folder, steam may have restored a backup of it when you reinstalled the game. Post your log file and that will give a better overview. Also mods not selected at startup doesn't mean they can't cause problems