Optimization Request: Option to be able to increase the gradient/smoothness of Draw distance of textures/color of field.

johndc_92

Optimization Request: Option to be able to increase the gradient/smoothness of Draw distance of textures/color of field.

Post by johndc_92 »

Hello. Is there a way to smooth out the viewing distance in fs22 without increasing the view distance? If there is none, I would like to request an option to increase the draw distance gradient/smoothness. Currently the game's view distance is very abrupt and obvious that you can see a hard cut of the field's textures, including how the colors go from light green to instantly dark green.

It would be a great feature if there is an option increase the gradient of the viewing distance that way the smoothing curve would make the rendering look more natural and not obvious.

Lots of people just increase the viewing distance or turn it off all together, which might work to some but I believe that is not an optimal way to dealing with the issue. I hope this kind of viewing distance feature would come to fs22 sooner. Thanks.

Luftkopf

Re: Optimization Request: Option to be able to increase the gradient/smoothness of Draw distance of textures/color of fi

Post by Luftkopf »

If the next version would have only this fix, I would pre-order it now.
renejant

Re: Optimization Request: Option to be able to increase the gradient/smoothness of Draw distance of textures/color of fi

Post by renejant »

Go to your <game.xml> file located in your game directory, use notepad++ for easy editing but not necesarily!
Find the following lines:

<performanceClass>High</performanceClass>
<viewDistanceCoeff>2.000000</viewDistanceCoeff>
<lodDistanceCoeff>2.000000</lodDistanceCoeff>
<terrainLODDistanceCoeff>2.000000</terrainLODDistanceCoeff>
<foliageViewDistanceCoeff>3.000000</foliageViewDistanceCoeff>
<maxNumShadowLights>0</maxNumShadowLights>
<msaa>0</msaa>

set the numbers higher, for example, 4.000000 and save and start the game.
if your game starts to lag/stutter then the settings are too high and you should readjust them again...

hope this helped..
johndc_92

Post by johndc_92 »

Luftkopf wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:30 am If the next version would have only this fix, I would pre-order it now.

I would be surprised if they release fs23 without these improvements. Ideally they should add this to fs22.
johndc_92

Post by johndc_92 »

renejant wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:06 pm Go to your <game.xml> file located in your game directory, use notepad++ for easy editing but not necesarily!
Find the following lines:

<performanceClass>High</performanceClass>
<viewDistanceCoeff>2.000000</viewDistanceCoeff>
<lodDistanceCoeff>2.000000</lodDistanceCoeff>
<terrainLODDistanceCoeff>2.000000</terrainLODDistanceCoeff>
<foliageViewDistanceCoeff>3.000000</foliageViewDistanceCoeff>
<maxNumShadowLights>0</maxNumShadowLights>
<msaa>0</msaa>

set the numbers higher, for example, 4.000000 and save and start the game.
if your game starts to lag/stutter then the settings are too high and you should readjust them again...

hope this helped..
Thanks for the inputs. I believe I have already tried these things and from what I have observed it probably didnt affect the gradient size, just the overall draw distance size.
Guil

Post by Guil »

johndc_92 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:38 am
Luftkopf wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:30 am If the next version would have only this fix, I would pre-order it now.

I would be surprised if they release fs23 without these improvements. Ideally they should add this to fs22.
Fs23 is a mobile game and was released about 9 months ago.

If they release a game at the end of this year it will likely be fs25 and we should have an announcement very soon about it.
Mr_Tony_Sm

Post by Mr_Tony_Sm »

I have had mine cranked, then it starts getting good. But it also depends on how well optimized the map you are playing is. Some mod maps are loaded with trees, and this takes up a lot of horsepower. Once you can get it up higher, things look crazy good. Currently using Gnadenthal and these settings. I also use 8X Supersampling, and Quality Ambient Occlusion in NVInspector. In some maps I can get the foliageviewdistance up to 7.00 (For some reason I can't go higher, even if smooth at 7.00, 8+ will freeze during loading. Probably trying to use more resources then the sim will allow). There is also a balance with your AI, the more automated workers (Courseplay etc) The harder the cpu is taxed. I can run higher but keep it set for smooth frames with up to 8 contracts running. Changed out most of my foliage, ground, and fillplane textures too. Lots of potential here. I think better Ram provisioning would help out. I have 64GB and I don't see FS22 using much of that. I understand it's probably optimized to run a balance of mostly lower end, and mid tier systems, as well as consoles etc. But I do hit some kind of hard limits with room still left to go on my cpu, gpu, and especially ram.

<viewDistanceCoeff>5.000000</viewDistanceCoeff>
<lodDistanceCoeff>5.000000</lodDistanceCoeff>
<terrainLODDistanceCoeff>7.000000</terrainLODDistanceCoeff>
<foliageViewDistanceCoeff>5.000000</foliageViewDistanceCoeff>
<shadowQuality>4.000000</shadowQuality>
<maxNumShadowLights>10</maxNumShadowLights>