AI

Candyman35

AI

Post by Candyman35 »

Helpers need to be fixed hired an ai to plow, so they get to end of field and instead of stopping they cross over the road and start plowing my pasture!!! Still had bales on it.
Sapper_DJ

Re: AI

Post by Sapper_DJ »

This is the way
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Since it hasn't been fixed in the last 16 years, don't hold your breath waiting.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Turn off auto save and manual save regularly. Or just get used to escaping and losing work. But hey the purpose of a game is to waste your time right.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Candyman35 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:56 pm Helpers need to be fixed hired an ai to plow, so they get to end of field and instead of stopping they cross over the road and start plowing my pasture!!! Still had bales on it.
And then again.. Has it been explained 2 - maybe 3 million times, that one should always do a couple of rounds of the field before hiring a worker, to avoid this exact situation.

But on the bright sight of things, you have learned a lesson and your pasture will be reseeded with fresh new grass :mrgreen:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Candyman35

Post by Candyman35 »

JensChrDK wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:22 pm
Candyman35 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:56 pm Helpers need to be fixed hired an ai to plow, so they get to end of field and instead of stopping they cross over the road and start plowing my pasture!!! Still had bales on it.
And then again.. Has it been explained 2 - maybe 3 million times, that one should always do a couple of rounds of the field before hiring a worker, to avoid this exact situation.

But on the bright sight of things, you have learned a lesson and your pasture will be reseeded with fresh new grass :mrgreen:
Tractor was in the middle of the field!!!! Its a good thing I was able to restart w/o saving so no loss but still grrrrrr!!!
Blogsy

Post by Blogsy »

Is it possible you had "create new field" enabled?
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Is this PC or console?
I’m a console player I will never be PC don’t have time or the money to put into it. I’ve always wondered though about the AI on pc. Does this happen with course play as?
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Beanbrother wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:10 am Is this PC or console?
I’m a console player I will never be PC don’t have time or the money to put into it. I’ve always wondered though about the AI on pc. Does this happen with course play as?
No courseplay follows a pre determined course approved by the player. Usually any issues with courseplay involve it stopping completely or not starting at all. Sometimes if field borders are too close they will consider it one field but that’s pretty easily noticed when you’re making the course. Usually anything else is a mod conflict or an incompatibility issue. Curious why you consider time a factor on pc versus a console.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Time might not have been the best word choice. 2 kids playing on the ps5/full time job equal not a lot of time to farm. Havnt played since Dec, but that because I’ve lost interest in fs22 and ready for 25 to get here at the end of this yr hopefully.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Candyman35 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:41 pm
JensChrDK wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:22 pm

Tractor was in the middle of the field!!!! Its a good thing I was able to restart w/o saving so no loss but still grrrrrr!!!
So the worker crossed over to the next field, in the middle of the previous field...? Sometimes Candyman, it doesn't make any sense when reading your posts :hmm:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Guil

Post by Guil »

Blogsy wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:07 pm Is it possible you had "create new field" enabled?
I'd imagine this is the most likely scenario
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Is it possible to hire a worker when "create new field" is active? If so, this should be considered a bug, and fixed.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

FBtheSQL wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:35 am Is it possible to hire a worker when "create new field" is active? If so, this should be considered a bug, and fixed.
I bet you "beverage of choice" that if hiring a worker and creating a new field was removed there would be an outcry "GIANTS have ruined the game!! I **rely** on AI creating fields ..."
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Guil

Post by Guil »

It only became a thing in fs19 I think. Before that if you hired a helper it would disable the allow create field