FS 22 will not launch

sof101a

Re: FS 22 will not launch

Post by sof101a »

tobra wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:39 pm @sof101a

What would change D3D_12 to D3D_11? What do I get? He writes about rendering.
changed < renderer > D3D_ 12 < / renderer > to < renderer > D3D_ 11 < / renderer >
sof101a

Post by sof101a »

What would change D3D_12 to D3D_11? What do I get? He writes about rendering. My game is not a Steam version, I bought a digital copy of the game from Giants software.

When I start the game from the desktop by clicking on the game icon, this window that lasts more than a minute appears.

After that wait, I get this information. When I click "OK" the game starts.

But when the game is launched from the folder "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Farming Simulator 2022 \ x64" then there is no problem with starting the game there is no window that waits for more than one minute.

And not to write about the problems with the steering wheel and FFB, it's just awful. And to almost forget, I duly paid for this Bonus Bundle Mack Black Anthem, the Fendt 900 Vario Black Beauty and the Zetor Z-25 K and the game says I need to unlock. Although I got a key from the Giants Software that is typed in during installation. Thank you for any information and advice.

Just change 12 to 11

This is because your system does not support the D3D12 interface. You can play normally by changing to the D3D11 interface.
tobra

Post by tobra »

There is no difference it works the same with "D3D_12" and with "D3D_11". Your computers may not support "D3D_12".
Image Image Image
Martinw89

Post by Martinw89 »

I have tired the game.xml fix, nothing. I have tried turning the dlc pack off, nothing. I have reinstalled the game, nothing. I have tried running from the folder and the x64 folder, nothing. Still says "the program cant start because d3d12.dll is missing from your computer. I have tried reinstalling it, nothing.

The game wont even try to lanch... it just sits there...
sof101a

Post by sof101a »

I have DirectX12 installed.
Change D3D_ 12 to D3D_ 11 can play normally.
BigChewy

Post by BigChewy »

Martinw89 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:20 pm I have tired the game.xml fix, nothing. I have tried turning the dlc pack off, nothing. I have reinstalled the game, nothing. I have tried running from the folder and the x64 folder, nothing. Still says "the program cant start because d3d12.dll is missing from your computer. I have tried reinstalling it, nothing.

Its not clear to me that when you re-install the game to you also re-install the DLC? If so, do not re-install the Claas DLC. This specific DLC is the root of the problem for many with the game will not start issues.
Martinw89

Post by Martinw89 »

BigChewy wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:59 pm
Martinw89 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:20 pm I have tired the game.xml fix, nothing. I have tried turning the dlc pack off, nothing. I have reinstalled the game, nothing. I have tried running from the folder and the x64 folder, nothing. Still says "the program cant start because d3d12.dll is missing from your computer. I have tried reinstalling it, nothing.

Its not clear to me that when you re-install the game to you also re-install the DLC? If so, do not re-install the Claas DLC. This specific DLC is the root of the problem for many with the game will not start issues.
I installed it without the DLC, still the same problem
Bondejogger

Post by Bondejogger »

IdleBerry wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:59 pm I got some help on steam discord and it worked for me, hopefully it will for you too. Go to documents --> my games --> Farming Simulator 22 --> and open game.xml with notepad and change <renderer>D3D_12</renderer> to <renderer>D3D_11</renderer>
Worked for me, hope this helps.
This helped me out as well after having trying EVERYTHING else on my Win 10 on a Yoga X1. So thanx!
Mercor

Post by Mercor »

The error message seems to indicate that your OS has some issues, not game installation. "d3d12.dll" is not part of DLL-s the game ships with, it is more like you do not have some DirectX installed or something has broken it or the system cannot find the required DLL-s on the paths it is searching for it.

You might check if reinstalling DirectX fixes your issues: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... aspx?id=35
TunechiLee

Post by TunechiLee »

What would change D3D_12 to D3D_11? What do I get? He writes about rendering. My game is not a Steam version, I bought a digital copy of the game from Giants software.

When I start the game from the desktop by clicking on the game icon, this window that lasts more than a minute appears.

After that wait, I get this information. When I click "OK" the game starts.

But when the game is launched from the folder "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Farming Simulator 2022 \ x64" then there is no problem with starting the game there is no window that waits for more than one minute.

And not to write about the problems with the steering wheel and FFB, it's just awful. And to almost forget, I duly paid for this Bonus Bundle Mack Black Anthem, the Fendt 900 Vario Black Beauty and the Zetor Z-25 K and the game says I need to unlock. Although I got a key from the Giants Software that is typed in during installation. Thank you for any information and advice.

So you were able to successfully download from Giants? I got the CE and used the key to digitally download but it creates and saves as a DVD file on my computer and wont launch after the first time because there is no disc, as I don't currently have an external drive. I still haven't figured out how to download it and play without the disc.
hoy

Post by hoy »

perwel wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:10 pm I had same problem and after deleting everything in "My Games->FarmingSimulator2022->updater" it started up again and runs normal
Thank you this fixed it for me
dbw86

Post by dbw86 »

I've downloaded, uninstalled, and redownloaded FS22 Premium edition. I have no launch short cut on my screen. I have read all of the above and none of it makes sense to me as I am not very good on computers. I watched all the video's but most spoke so fast I couldn't understand what they were saying. I'm 82 and hard of hearing but love this game after FS19 so am trying to upgrade. I cannot get the game to open up and play??????
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

dbw86 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:46 am I've downloaded, uninstalled, and redownloaded FS22 Premium edition. I have no launch short cut on my screen. I have read all of the above and none of it makes sense to me as I am not very good on computers. I watched all the video's but most spoke so fast I couldn't understand what they were saying. I'm 82 and hard of hearing but love this game after FS19 so am trying to upgrade. I cannot get the game to open up and play??????
It would probably be beneficial for you to make a new tread instead. You can use the report (!) function on the forum on your post, and ask for it to be made into a new tread.

Are you playing on PC?
If so, can you post your log file? (How-to in my signature) , or don't the game launch at all?
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
dbw86

Post by dbw86 »

I finally got Giant to refund my purchase of FS22 Premium and purchased it via Steam. Now I don't have a clue how to find any of the game files through steam, nor how to download mods not in the game itself. But the bugs I had are not in the new Game and I'm really enjoying playing Lazy Acres with the big fields. Reminds me when I was a boy in Central Illinois working for farmers driving tractors starting at age 11 (I was big for my age then). Really relaxing to me at 83 to play this game.
Guil

Post by Guil »

dbw86 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:30 am I finally got Giant to refund my purchase of FS22 Premium and purchased it via Steam. Now I don't have a clue how to find any of the game files through steam, nor how to download mods not in the game itself. But the bugs I had are not in the new Game and I'm really enjoying playing Lazy Acres with the big fields. Reminds me when I was a boy in Central Illinois working for farmers driving tractors starting at age 11 (I was big for my age then). Really relaxing to me at 83 to play this game.
Mods etc all go in the same folder under documents