asking for product key

jcsutton78

asking for product key

Post by jcsutton78 »

Ive had this game for almost 2 years and its now asking for my product key. Why? Same computer. Obviously i dont still have it.
Guil

Re: asking for product key

Post by Guil »

You should have it in an email from when you bought it. If not you will need to contact Giants to retrieve it. https://www.farming-simulator.com/suppo ... country=gb
FWIW, that is the reason I ended up buying the game again on steam, got sick of randomly needing to enter the product key and reinstall DLC's after updates.
herrman

Post by herrman »

Well, I've just had to reinstall Windows 11 on my gaming notebook to fix the usual mess done from time to time by Windows Update.

What someone didn't say, or write, is: if you reinstall ONLY the basic game, and you have the game folder in "My Games" intact, and once done with reinstalling the base game you launch it with "SHIFT+left click" then select "verify installation" it will rebuild the signatures for the base game and all of the previously installed DLC WITHOUT HAVING TO INSERT BACK A SINGLE CODE

Now I'm angry as hell for all of the times I wasted activations for Giants not giving this simple hint !!!
Guy, if you're gonna ask for help remember that we're not beside you in front of your screen. So, please, help us helping you by giving us some details such as log.txt, hardware details...

And remember, this is a forum. It is different from Twitter. Here you can, no, you MUST use more than 150 digits to explain your thoughts

Thanks
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Could be a windows issue
herrman

Post by herrman »

eric21 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:23 pm Could be a windows issue
It IS a Windows issue. Nobody said anything about FS problems here. But why didn't Giants say that the reinstall after resetting Windows could be the easy I experienced today, also without need for reactivation?!?
Guy, if you're gonna ask for help remember that we're not beside you in front of your screen. So, please, help us helping you by giving us some details such as log.txt, hardware details...

And remember, this is a forum. It is different from Twitter. Here you can, no, you MUST use more than 150 digits to explain your thoughts

Thanks
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Which is why I have been asking for a giants installation manager.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Guil

Post by Guil »

Helazak wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:10 pm Which is why I have been asking for a giants installation manager.
That has been requested since 2018 or earlier. I doubt it's going to happen at this stage
herrman

Post by herrman »

Guil wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:50 pm
That has been requested since 2018 or earlier. I doubt it's going to happen at this stage
Well, at least now we have an undocumented shortcut allowing us to restore our beloved game without having to reinstall 18 DLC and inserting 18 keys every time Windows 11 does windows things

Thanks