efficient cotton harvest and pickup

which of those you might think is the better efficiency?

Poll ended at Wed May 15, 2024 6:04 pm

john deere cp690 + mc cormack cotton trailer (can move 30k litter)
33%
case module express 635 + module x semi (can move 40k litters)
67%

Total votes: 3

alanarientiziech

efficient cotton harvest and pickup

Post by alanarientiziech »

I am in doubt which machines I will choose to hand my first cotton production ever.
I know both look like the same, but the john deere have a kind of more "attractive" design and way more expensive, in other hand the case is ok, but the trailer looks very weird...
the first pack will need way more travels to move the bales and also transport 33% less (30k) while the case and the trailer move 40k..

guys, help me take this decision, I'm on a dilemma here, dont know what to do xD

ps:I was looking for the mc cormack wheelie graber, but in a search on internet, I've found that it was meant to attach on the rear hydraulic of the tractor, and didnt find the front one, I am playing in the most realistic way possible and want to avoid glitches as most as possible, so help me out!

thanks for the contribution, yours me :biggrin2:
Eische

Re: efficient cotton harvest and pickup

Post by Eische »

Voted for JD version.
As you mentioned doing your own cotton production and not a contract, JD ist the way to go.
It does not have to stop to unload a bale.
You can carry the bale while harvesting and drop it in a more convenient location.

For realism:
You can store JD bales outside as they are potected by the wrapping. The case ones need to be stored inside.
JD bales can be moved using bale forks (wheel loader is my favorite). The case ones need that special trailer to pick them up. They are not packed enough for forks.

As I ran my cotton production, I was figuring out the perfect field length to always drop a full bale at the end of the row. On larger fields I droped bales in one line wherever it worked out good.
This way I had short drives with the wheel loader to put them on larger semi trailers.
With decent field sizes, you will quickly earn back your investment.
Per default you will get close to 10000 liters of cotton per hectare on a perfect field. During my cotton focused save I was growing 500 hectares of cotton. So got about 500 bales.
Enough to keep me busy. I like manual bale loading a lot, so running the wheel loader was my favorite job.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
alanarientiziech

Post by alanarientiziech »

Eische wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:34 pm
yeah. thanks for your suggestion, i dont care much about the weather, because I had like 200 straw bales the other day, just unloaded them near the trigger on haut beleyron animal dealer and waited for the sale... anyway, no way I would move 200 bales to a storage to after, move all them back to the dealer :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

but you have good points here, my fields are just those 5 initial merged into one (around 7ha), I sow cotton just to keep my spinnery and tailor busy, no big work, it should fill their warehouses for like 2 years, I may take you on consideration...
Candyman35

Post by Candyman35 »

Eische wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:34 pm Voted for JD version.
As you mentioned doing your own cotton production and not a contract, JD ist the way to go.
It does not have to stop to unload a bale.
You can carry the bale while harvesting and drop it in a more convenient location.

For realism:
You can store JD bales outside as they are potected by the wrapping. The case ones need to be stored inside.
JD bales can be moved using bale forks (wheel loader is my favorite). The case ones need that special trailer to pick them up. They are not packed enough for forks.

As I ran my cotton production, I was figuring out the perfect field length to always drop a full bale at the end of the row. On larger fields I droped bales in one line wherever it worked out good.
This way I had short drives with the wheel loader to put them on larger semi trailers.
With decent field sizes, you will quickly earn back your investment.
Per default you will get close to 10000 liters of cotton per hectare on a perfect field. During my cotton focused save I was growing 500 hectares of cotton. So got about 500 bales.
Enough to keep me busy. I like manual bale loading a lot, so running the wheel loader was my favorite job.
Unless they have changed I would never use the JD cause you can't unload it unless the second chamber is full and with the Case it can unload even a small bale
apollos

Post by apollos »

I don't also use the JD for the same reasons.
snaptube vidmate