Editing tow speed

NickelPlate

Editing tow speed

Post by NickelPlate »

Hi Folks,

I found a New Holland CX880 combine mod that I really like but I'm doing some editing on it. Right now I'm trying to edit the speed when towing the header trailer which is too slow. Does anyone know what tag that is in the description xml? I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the below string:

<motor minRpm="100" maxRpm="570 690 1900" maxTorques="0.9 1.1 -1" brakeForce="9" lowBrakeForceScale="0.5" lowBrakeForceSpeedLimit="1" forwardGearRatio="16" backwardGearRatio="16" differentialRatio="1" rpmFadeOutRange="20">
<torque rpm="1900" torque="3.2"/>
<backwardTorque rpm="600" torque="3.5"/>
<backwardTorque rpm="850" torque="0.5"/>
</motor>

Thanks,

NP
Mantose

Re: Editing tow speed

Post by Mantose »

Couple things I would experiment with is getting rid of rpmfadoutrange and/or try changing the -1 in maxtorques to a 1. Maybe lower brakeforce.

Is there a big difference in speed from towing nothing and towing the header trailer? Maybe the header trailer mass is too much... I am pretty sure a high mass number would do what you describe. heck the mass on the combine as well... compare it to defauly vehicles.
NickelPlate

Post by NickelPlate »

Mantose wrote:Couple things I would experiment with is getting rid of rpmfadoutrange and/or try changing the -1 in maxtorques to a 1. Maybe lower brakeforce.

Is there a big difference in speed from towing nothing and towing the header trailer? Maybe the header trailer mass is too much... I am pretty sure a high mass number would do what you describe. heck the mass on the combine as well... compare it to defauly vehicles.
There's a 15mph difference between forward with and without the trailer. 21mph vs 6mph. Changing the trailer mass values didn't help. But I changed both the maxtorque value and deleted the rpmfadeoutrange as you suggested and it worked at first. I haven't gone through any of the mod tutorials yet or the online help but is all of this stuff documented somewhere?

Edit: On 2nd though it didn't work although at one point it did so I'm not sure what is going on. I guess I'm going to have to learn what these tags and values really mean. I've spent a couple of hours messing around with this and still can't get it quite right with guesswork.
Mantose

Post by Mantose »

The tutorials you buy from giants sort of cover some of the xml stuff but not as much as I would have liked.

Most of everything I have learned is from comparing mods to default vehicles and equipment. Also a hefty amount of tinkering and experimenting.

Combines are pretty tough to figure out.

I am not sure why you are having trouble , the rpm isnt really as high as other combines but the torque is much higher than other combines.

What was the mass of the combine and the trailer, and did you check all pieces of the mods to make sure there were no other pieces with lots of mass. Normally from what I have seen only the root of the mod, the collision piece is the only one to have mass, most of the time any other pice of the mod will have no mass or very very small number, like 0.0001

When you want to adjust mass I am pretty sure you change the density number, not the mass number. When you lower the density the mass number will go down. Then save the mod. If I remember correctly combines have around 4 or 5 mass and trailers 1 or so...

If you have to lower the mass by alot , you will probably have to adjust the torque numbers.

If you get too frustrated shoot me a pm with the mods info and if I have time I will download them and tinker for a bit.

edit, hmm, I just noticed the lowbrakeforce limit number... I wonder what that is and if it is in other default combines. I dont htink I have seen it before.
NickelPlate

Post by NickelPlate »

Hi Mantose,

You're right about the modding tutorials. I bought them and watched the xml videos but Giants doesn't describe nearly everything. I also tried copying the values from the Deutz 7545 but that didn't work either.

PM sent with the below link in case Giants deletes it. This combine appears to be an EXACT duplicate of the CX 880 from the Pr0farm expansion for FS11 which was IMO the best combine I've ever seen for the entire series. It drives, operates and sounds exactly the same except for the slow trailer towing speed. Even the 3D model is the same and the hotkey to lock the header to the trailer is X and it works.. Whoever did this put their logo on the combine and the cutter which was easy enough to remove from .i3d files using the editor. I just wish I or someone knew how to fix the 6mph towing speed.

http://www.ls2013.com/farming-simulator ... x-880.html

The only mass values for the trailer that I can find are for the wheels and are all 0.8. I tried lowering them but it didn't have any effect other than cause the tires to vanish when I set them all to zero.

Regards,

NP
Execration

Post by Execration »

I posted a video tutorial recently on how to do this, see if it helps.
Mantose

Post by Mantose »

So far at first glance the mass of the harvester is about 17 when it should be about 6. And I am not sure why you like the handling, it skates all over the place.

I wish people that converted these mods and uploaded them would learn how to set them up properly.

I will edit with more news when I can.

Ok, so I messed around with it for a hour or so... I actually made it tow slower somehow. 4 instead of 6. I cant get the mass of the harvester lower than 6.4 , not sure if that is the problem or not because other harvesters are 5.9

The biggest default harvester has no issues towing the new holland trailer and cutter around. But I dont really see much of a difference between the xml files of each harvester or the trailer xmls. I changed both to be closer to the default vehicles.
NickelPlate

Post by NickelPlate »

Well thanks for trying. I didn't have a problem with the harvester skating at all. I think I'll just forget about it and keeps searching for some professional quality combines (hard to find). Don't worry about it too much Mantose, but thanks for your help.
Mantose

Post by Mantose »

Really? When I drove the harvester around town on the normal streets if I turned while going close to full speed the harvester would slide sideways. Its an easy fix just adjust some numbers. For this harvester I had to add the correct thing in but, after I added the right thing and a good number it was turning nice and tight.
Plasmatic

Post by Plasmatic »

I had a heck of time finding a combine I liked as well.. I have it now though.. sadly I don't have the original link of where to download it anymore..

But if you want I'd be happy to upload it somewhere so you can download it.. it seems to work fairly well and doesn't have any of the annoying problems I found in basically all the other harvesters I tried..

For one thing, if you have a tipper ready when it's turning around for another pass, it stops and empties it's entire hold. if you leave it to fill 100% midfield it will dump all of its cargo before restarting (all the others I tested restarted once they got below 80%)

It's quite a big vehicle, its top speed is around 30 (don't remember) it has a sizable header, while its not so big as to be hard to drive..
the hold is 25000 liters and its pipe stretches beyond that of the header so its no problem to get a tipper under there..

One thing that you may dislike though is that the particle effects when it's dumping are different, far more dense and prettier according to me..

Let me know if you want me to upload it..

its called a Lexion 760 i think.. found in this picture

though my upload would not include a corn header.. just the regular crop header..
RNutz

Post by RNutz »

it takes torque to pull weight,Try adding torque values for the 2 lower speeds.Heres an example->
<torque rpm="600" torque="2.9"/>
<torque rpm="1000" torque="3.2"/>
<torque rpm="1200" torque="3.5"/>
<torque rpm="1600" torque="3.5"/>
<torque rpm="1800" torque="3.2"/>