Why not report problems with Mods?

britpol

Why not report problems with Mods?

Post by britpol »

Hi,

At present I'm having problems with several Mods that are causing problems. I think it would be a good idea to create a 'Sticky' where everyone can give information about problem Mods that others can read. For instance, I've have these problems with Two Rivers and a couple of other and a kind tester is helping me. I should be able to post the Mods name and say what's wrong and what action if any, cured it.
People could easily check to see if a Mod they are interested in is in the list and if so, whether to install it or not.
Moders too could keep an eye and learn the faults or not in their Mods.
Worth thinking about,
britpol
Rocket75

Re: Why not report problems with Mods?

Post by Rocket75 »

If only... And I wish the comments would be enabled at all these mod sites, there is no feedback and I can't leave any, because if I do it says it is awaiting moderator approval which never happens, so there are no comments at all on every mod pretty much out there to download. I could list 3 sites that are all like this, you can comment, and waste your time writing about it, but nobody will ever see it because it never gets posted, so many things done wrong....
blasceras

Post by blasceras »

This is a problem i seem to perceive with this game: the lack of english (international if you prefer) community.
It all seems to be in german (even the mod descriptions in game) made for german audience, not an international title... *thumbsdown*
Wake up Giants(tm), this is almost 2013 and you are on the Internet.
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

The whole game is in english. It's just the mods that often don't have a description in english. So why blaming Giants for something they have no influence in?
And btw: the mods available in Giants' modhub and on FS-UK all have a description in english. And there aren't many mods on other sites that are really good, so I don't really see a big problem.
elgranjerou

Post by elgranjerou »

Actually, I think the Giant's modhub encourages the "internationally" of the mods. Increasingly there are more and more mods with english, german and french "in-game help", but is true that most of the mod sites are germans and don't care about english descriptions and help.
CornetPlayer

Post by CornetPlayer »

Concerning mods: Buyer Beware

Most mods I download have problems that are reflected in the log.txt file. Some problems are minor, such as missing the <machineType> and <dailyUpdkeep>. Sometimes, the <machineType> has an incorrect type, such as "trailers" or the type is capitalized, such as "Harvesters", instead of "harvesters".

I'm trying to get CoursePlay to work. I went through the steps that satis outlines, but the game locks-up. May be incompatible with anotyher mod I have; I'm testing.

Finally, Giants support of the mod community is the best I've ever seen. They have made available tools that encourage modders, unlike other game companies.
Wingnut2012

Post by Wingnut2012 »

Remember 2013 is new game and as time goes on most of the mods from the other games will be converted to 2013 its just a case of us noobs waiting, so its not the fault of giants at all. I am running my game with no mods except the ones on giants page and to be honest its nice to have the challenge of playing it without really easy mods. Makes the game play longer and more of a challenge... but come on get those mods converted now!!!!!! ROFLMFAO!!!! (joke)