Syncronization infos

giacdegiac

Syncronization infos

Post by giacdegiac »

On what does depend the syncronization time ?
Map dimension?
Vehicles ?
Fields ?

I feel that the more i go on the more i have to wait for each syncronization, anyone knows ?
Cpt.Ass
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Re: Syncronization infos

Post by Cpt.Ass »

One thing is how much stuff you have on the map, but i dont think thats the biggest deal.
The other is the speed of what the joining and hosting player have in up and download..
Simple as that :)
Steam: mikerowe666 - feel free to add me.
zanarkin

Post by zanarkin »

Steps to syncing:

1) Game is frozen and saved.
2) Gave save is sent to other player.
3) Map is loaded.
4) Game resumes.

The connection speed on each end and the size of the map (general map mb size, number of active fields and all data associated with each field increases size) and size of your farm (number of vehicles and equipment increase the size) determines how long it takes.

Sync with others on a brand new small mb map where you haven't touched or bought a thing is as fast as it could be. Buy 20 fields on a heavily detailed 200+mb map, have each field in a different state of growth or harvest, have 50 pieces of machinery all about the map, and have your silos, bunkers, and troughs full and then watch as the sync is slower.

TD;DR The connection speed on each end and the size of the save and map file determines sync speed.
giacdegiac

Post by giacdegiac »

I'll search for a way to reduce the sync times... even if i think that i'll not find much.
Thanks for the answers guys.