Bales and Pallets

tlatting

Bales and Pallets

Post by tlatting »

I know this issue has been addressed several times in the forum, so I feel it needs to keep being addressed until its fixed.

BALES AND PALLETS!!!

I love this game. Giants has done a great job in releasing such a great game, but the bugs need to be fixed. Nothing annoys me more than baling round bales and placing them on a trailer just for them to fall thru the trailer, or picking up a wool pallet and your forks just drive right thru the pallet and the pallet just flops all over the place.

Giants, I really hope you guys read these issues because I love playing this game, but I want to stop playing because of this bug. I am excited that you have made the cows more work and added sheep and chickens but the work that must be carried out involves using the FEL and its just plain messed up.

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

Is there any news of a new patch in the near future that might include this bug?

--------------------------------------

Another issue I have run into is in multi-player, when my friend joins my game, the cannot see the eggs chickens leave, they only see a green field (like a mossy color). They cannot see what part of the field is done to start harvesting. This makes multi-player difficult.

Thanks for listening and thanks for a great game Giants!
druptown

Re: Bales and Pallets

Post by druptown »

I can understand they need a lot of time to fix this very very very long buglist.

But saying that there aren't any game-breaking bugs??????

Have they even tried to play it themselves?
Nina

Post by Nina »

druptown wrote:I can understand they need a lot of time to fix this very very very long buglist.

But saying that there aren't any game-breaking bugs??????

Have they even tried to play it themselves?
doubt it
Top Soil

Post by Top Soil »

Just a few quick comments:

1) Bales and pallets are challenging due to the physics engine (bouncing off them and tipping over are my pet peeves with it) - however there are a few tricks.

a) spear the bales with your fork at an angle. I find it quite smooth now after many hundred bales - I just position the fork over the bale tilted downward at about a 30 degree angle to the ground and it slides into the bale easily, then I rotate the fork (right mouse button) upright to hold the bale on the fork. Then moving to the mixer, just make sure you don't hold down forward and turn at the same time - tap the forward button while you hold down turn, then when facing where you want to go just drive normally.

2) Regarding developers playing the game: I worked for some years at SOE, during the Everquest and SWG years, as a GM. There were about 100 of us, and about half of us played the game 5 hours a day after 8 hours of listening to players complaining about bugs. It burns you out. I know a MUCH smaller % of WoW devs played, because my friends went to work there. I know hardly any of the LOTRO GMs play much. And I know that most of these companies have outsourced a big % of the customer service to India, etc. And development too, although for small shops like Giant, probably that's still all in house.

These days I work in a different area of software development - and I guarantee you that after 8 hours of working hard on a particular software product, the last thing I EVER want to do is fiddle around with it when I get home.

That's what professional Quality Assurance is for -- testers to do the testing. And, if game companies are anything like my industry ... that's mostly done in Asia now too, to high level test plans written up by local 'experts', but without any deviation or improvisation (i.e. if they see something interesting, they won't test it because it's not in the test plan they're accountable for in their Key Performace Indicators, which drive their pay and whether or not they get fired.
tlatting

Post by tlatting »

I have pretty much figured out how to deal with picking up pallets and bales, but how do you get them to stay on the trailer? When I set them on the trailer, they fall thru it, bales and pallets. Is there a way around this??

I would include a screenshot, but I am not sure how.
zanarkin

Post by zanarkin »

tlatting wrote:I have pretty much figured out how to deal with picking up pallets and bales, but how do you get them to stay on the trailer? When I set them on the trailer, they fall thru it, bales and pallets. Is there a way around this??

I would include a screenshot, but I am not sure how.
Are you using a bale trailer such as the blue one?
tlatting

Post by tlatting »

yes. I have also searched for an auto stacker, but I can't find one for 2013 yet.
Top Soil

Post by Top Soil »

There is no pallet autostacker. There is a square bale autostacker in the default list under baling tech, I love it (it's a primary reason I stick with squares).

Someone posted a working ('fixed') round baler autostacker in a thread here yesterday. I finally got around to testing it last night past my bedtime - every time I bought it and reset it to the farm my game just went berserk, I'd lose all controls and have to simply close the game without the opportunity to save all the mowing I'd done. I chalked it up to something with my computer, but couldn't stay up any later to reboot and retest again -- I'm hoping that roundbale-stacker isn't the cause, because I'm really keen to get into roundbales if I can get a working stacker.

I use the blue trailer to stack my wool pallets, and don't have any problems with it. I tried a roundbale trailer mod - it's got little rails on the sides you can use to help pull the pallet off the fork - but I've gone back to the blue one again as there are a few minor annoyances with the RB-trailer.
-bh-

Post by -bh- »

Top Soil wrote:There is no pallet autostacker. There is a square bale autostacker in the default list under baling tech, I love it (it's a primary reason I stick with squares).

Someone posted a working ('fixed') round baler autostacker in a thread here yesterday. I finally got around to testing it last night past my bedtime - every time I bought it and reset it to the farm my game just went berserk, I'd lose all controls and have to simply close the game without the opportunity to save all the mowing I'd done. I chalked it up to something with my computer, but couldn't stay up any later to reboot and retest again -- I'm hoping that roundbale-stacker isn't the cause, because I'm really keen to get into roundbales if I can get a working stacker.

I use the blue trailer to stack my wool pallets, and don't have any problems with it. I tried a roundbale trailer mod - it's got little rails on the sides you can use to help pull the pallet off the fork - but I've gone back to the blue one again as there are a few minor annoyances with the RB-trailer.
I Love the autostacker as well Top Soil. Probably the coolest piece of equipment in the game. Nothing like hooking it up to the 7250 and flying by bales at 38mph picking them up in style.
tlatting

Post by tlatting »

Top Soil wrote:There is no pallet autostacker. There is a square bale autostacker in the default list under baling tech, I love it (it's a primary reason I stick with squares).

I know there isn't a pallet autostacker, although it would be an awesome mod if someone made one. The blue trailer just doesn't work for me for some reason.

I found a semi trailer that I fill with my wool pallets and close it so they don't fall out. It has been working quite well, although the pallets like to jump around inside, they don't fall out.

I will eventually go with square bales for the sake of feeding my cows, but you have to use round bales to feed them straw so I have been using round bales for that reason.

I really only have the one annoyance with this game, and thats bales and pallets. I have been trying different ways to get around the bug. So far, they are working. I guess I will have to deal with them until a fix comes out.

If you find a roundbale stacker that works, please let me know. I will be very happy when one is made.

The other issue I am having with the game is in multi player. My friend joins the game and she only sees green fields and cannot see eggs to pick them up. Is it only me, or is anyone else having these issues with multi player?

Thanks for the tips everyone. I will continue to explore more ways of working around bugs. :biggrin2:
Darksiede

Post by Darksiede »

tlatting wrote: I will eventually go with square bales for the sake of feeding my cows, but you have to use round bales to feed them straw so I have been using round bales for that reason.
Actually, you can use any of the feed mixers and load it with straight straw, round or sqaure, and shoot it into the feeding area.. Alternatively, you can use a forage wagon and unload straw straight into the feeding area... Round bales are not the only solution :)

~Kev
tlatting

Post by tlatting »

[/quote]

Actually, you can use any of the feed mixers and load it with straight straw, round or sqaure, and shoot it into the feeding area.. Alternatively, you can use a forage wagon and unload straw straight into the feeding area... Round bales are not the only solution :)

[/quote]

No kidding. Well this is very helpful information. I didn't realize you could pick up straw with the forage wagon. I thought it was only for grass. I am now smarter than I was yesterday! :biggrin2: Thanks Kev!
RubberPIX

Post by RubberPIX »

The problem with that however is that once the pen is filled with straw, you have to get rid of the straw in the trailer by selling it if you want to use the trailer for something else. Now if the dev team at Giants updated the PDA to tell you how full the cow pen is, then you could tell roughly how much you could put in there.

Andy
tlatting

Post by tlatting »

I have just figured out what my problem is with bales and pallets. I have had my graphics settings on low because I don't have all that good of a graphics card. I bumped them to medium to see if my system can handle it. It does handle it, and it solved the problem of my pallets falling thru the trailer and my forks driving thru them!!

If your having that problem, just bump the graphics settings up a notch (if your card will allow it). Problem Solved!!

I have been making a lot of money on wool the last couple days. I now finally have all the equipment to handle cows. So I am in the middle of a transition from sheep to cows. I tell ya, this game can keep ya busy, better than 2011!