do tractors break in game?

elpablodiablo

do tractors break in game?

Post by elpablodiablo »

do tractors or anything break in game and have to be repaired? and if yes where do u fix them?
cause it really seems like I broke my loaders bucket cause it literaly is hanging off by one hinge and I cant load the bio plant anymore and if I try it dumps all over the ground on me
elgranjerou

Re: do tractors break in game?

Post by elgranjerou »

That's an already know bug.
elpablodiablo

Post by elpablodiablo »

ok thank you and I fixed it by reseting it and the bucket back to my farm incase it happens to anyone else
-bh-

Post by -bh- »

If you just save your game, exit & reload game save, it fixes it if you don't want reset it to your farm & drive it back to wherever you're using it
farmallfrenzy

Post by farmallfrenzy »

Though I have to admit.... :) Equipment wear/breakage would be an interesting game mechanic (toggle-able of course). I know the daily maintenance cost offsets this, but it's interesting to think about nonetheless. If something broke down on the field, you could rush out your repair truck to get it fixed up, all the while time is burning and the equipment is offline. Maybe something for 2017 :)
FAF
Mix

Post by Mix »

Oi, that kind of immersion would be sort of ridiculous unless it literally only happened once per in-game month or longer. The vehicle maintenance costs cover silly things like blown fuses and new belts/wheels I suppose in a sense, but rarely in real life do tractors just blow up on fire in the middle of the field. That would be a royal pain in the butt if a feature like that was implemented.
binkmoss

Post by binkmoss »

combine harvesters are prone to catching fire, while working in fields.
Andy578

Post by Andy578 »

binkmoss wrote:combine harvesters are prone to catching fire, while working in fields.
somewhat rare but yes it does happen

Mix

Post by Mix »

binkmoss wrote:combine harvesters are prone to catching fire, while working in fields.
Yeah, if you never maintain it. We have maintenance costs to displace that.
gerbiepiep

Post by gerbiepiep »

Things can go wrong on any time ofcourse, even if the vehicle/machine is maintained well, it's only likely to happen less.

:hi:
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

Yes, but what about when you run into things (not intentionally, but accidents do and will happen)?

Damage over time should accumulate to your equipment which would require 'extra' maintenance (ie; downtime/unusable for specific period) at the workshop next to the shop??? This could be shortened by 'hiring' a mechanic/worker on your farm, this is not unheard of and is an actual occurrence, so to build this into a 'sim' is not stretching the imagination. Once again, could be a 'toggleable' (is that an actual word???) function.

Cheers
Aging disgracefully and taking nothing with me!!!!
Cookiecookiefarm

Post by Cookiecookiefarm »

I know there is a mod in 2013 for damage and there is a repair vehicle that wil make the repairers
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

For something like this to be realistic the wear would only be noticeable after months of in-game time maybe. To give you an idea of just how long tractors can last without major repairs; we have a John Deere 4450 from the 80's and since then, has only accumulated 5,000 running hours on the engine. There has been no repairs made to it aside from the usual oil and fluid changes and maybe adjusting the clutch. John Deere's are known to go for 10,000 hours before they really start to fail.

So after 30 years of use, that tractor has only reached half of it's useful life.

IMHO the daily maintenance costs that are already factored into the equipment in this game is plenty realistic to keep the machinery maintained.

As far as combines catching fire. I agree with everyone that says it is an extremely rare occurance. Again, a case combine we have from the early 90's caught fire this past summer when a north wind blew the straw back into the engine and plugged up the turbo charger. This was the first time that has happened in 20 years even after combining that exact same spot with the same weather conditions in prior years.
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

I agree that with any properly maintained machinery your chances of breakdowns are minimal, however (bet you were expecting the word 'but' /snicker), we, as 'new' farmers will and do hit obstacles/houses/barns/machinery/jack-knife, etc, etc, etc.

These occurrences will diminish with time spent 'behind the wheel' (so to speak), but this incidental damage should be fraught with a 'extra maintenance/damage penalty' till we either learn to (a) drive properly, or (b) slow down (neva gonna happen.......).

Cheers
Aging disgracefully and taking nothing with me!!!!
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

gilroy222 wrote:For something like this to be realistic the wear would only be noticeable after months of in-game time maybe. To give you an idea of just how long tractors can last without major repairs; we have a John Deere 4450 from the 80's and since then, has only accumulated 5,000 running hours on the engine. There has been no repairs made to it aside from the usual oil and fluid changes and maybe adjusting the clutch. John Deere's are known to go for 10,000 hours before they really start to fail.
Still, the game is speeded up approximately 365x real time, so your 30 year old Deere would have been around for maybe 30 days in-game. Breakdowns could and would happen in a few weeks of in-game time, and would be an interesting addidion if done right.