withering

farms

withering

Post by farms »

Does any one know how to turn off withering? And is it possible? If so how?
böserlöwe
GIANTS Software | Support Engineer

Re: withering

Post by böserlöwe »

Yes with one Mod: http://ls-mods.de/downloads.php?language=en Disable Crop Withering
Put this mod in your mods-Folder and all Maps you have, will start without withering.
When you remove the Mod from mods-Folder are all as before
husher

Post by husher »

I've had a look at the link for this and i'm not sure about it, the site looked a bit dodgy. so, getting curious, i looked through Modhoster as well and the one i found on there on there had had a lot of mixed reviews at best, some say it works only with the 2.1 patch, others said it didn't work on server and mutiplayer play and others said it had no effect no matter what they did and a very few said their crops rotted as soon as they planted them!
So has anybody actually installed this and what were the results?
Farmer Carol

Post by Farmer Carol »

If you understand simple lua coding you can edit the i3d file of the map in something like notepad++ (which is free to download) and do a search for "growthNumStates". There will be one entry for each fruit type and they should read as:- growthNumStates=8 except for grass but this doesn't wither so you can ignore that.
You need to change each entry to read growthNumStates=7 and your crops will never die again and no need to download any dubious mods.

Hope this helps,
Carol. x
Married to "Farmer Bob" aka Ian
mother, wife, sister, daughter, bank manager, farm manager, cleaner, chef, Councillor, PC technician and all round dogs-body!
böserlöwe
GIANTS Software | Support Engineer

Post by böserlöwe »

And this Mod http://ls-mods.de/download.php?hash=f63 ... 5efc34a16a do that without selfmade on Map01.i3d.

Only put in Mods-Folder, ready.
husher

Post by husher »

oh well, i think i'll leave it be, i've got no clue about coding, the one course i did in it through the OU featured 'Sense'( the assemble the code blocks stuff), i simply didn't understand it even after months of trying and a manual that was written for people who are way more clued up than me, i just got lost.
wheres a nerd when you need one? :)
Farmer Carol

Post by Farmer Carol »

Right here, which map is it that you want "nerding"? :lol:

Carol. x
Married to "Farmer Bob" aka Ian
mother, wife, sister, daughter, bank manager, farm manager, cleaner, chef, Councillor, PC technician and all round dogs-body!
farms

Post by farms »

böserlöwe wrote:Yes with one Mod: http://ls-mods.de/downloads.php?language=en Disable Crop Withering
Put this mod in your mods-Folder and all Maps you have, will start without withering.
When you remove the Mod from mods-Folder are all as before
This mod works great. I haven't any trouble with it.