Favorite Truck

BernardC

Re: Favorite Truck

Post by BernardC »

Reef wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:22 am My favourite truck is.... or at least would be any euro truck (MAN, Volvo, Scania, DAF) that's left hand drive for the only map types I play which are UK maps, unfortunately there aren't any.. :frown:
you should have a look at this post :

viewtopic.php?t=201955

it seeems such trucks exist
Reef

Post by Reef »

BernardC wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:40 am
Reef wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:22 am My favourite truck is.... or at least would be any euro truck (MAN, Volvo, Scania, DAF) that's left hand drive for the only map types I play which are UK maps, unfortunately there aren't any.. :frown:
you should have a look at this post :

viewtopic.php?t=201955

it seeems such trucks exist
Thanks for the link however I was the one that created that thread :lol:

Unfortunately the trucks kindly linked by Tommy93 are NZ styled so mainly LHD US trucks like International and Kenworth and also a HINO, a long way off the EU/UK trucks that I listed prior and not really suited to the winding narrow lanes of Calmsden and such.
howey

Post by howey »

For US/CA maps I'll tend to use the base game Mack Pinnacle & Superliner and also the Volvo WIA/Base game VNX & the standard Lizard Roadrunner.

For European maps i'll tend to use HR&F MAN TGS both in semi & rigid form, base game & modded HR&F Tatra's in semi or rigid form and just started using the Lizard that's is based off a Iveco HI-WAY. I don't use the base game Volvo cabover's as I think 4x2's are weird for a truck and there 6x4/8x4 configurations are way to long for what they should be.

A shame that don't have more Licenced manufacturers. Hope the next version of FS will included more like Kenworth & Scania etc.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

My biggest issue with the base game semi options is that only the Man has a ball hitch. All the others only have a fifth wheel.
I am currently doing a race to 10M with as few mods as possible and I just don't see why Giants doesn't give an option of putting a simple hitch on every truck.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Helazak wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:58 am My biggest issue with the base game semi options is that only the Man has a ball hitch. All the others only have a fifth wheel.
I am currently doing a race to 10M with as few mods as possible and I just don't see why Giants doesn't give an option of putting a simple hitch on every truck.
There’s a mod somewhere in the ether that hooks a multi hitch to the fifth wheel but shows up on the back of the truck if you want to hunt around as I have no idea where I got it.
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

UncleRico wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:11 am
There’s a mod somewhere in the ether that hooks a multi hitch to the fifth wheel but shows up on the back of the truck if you want to hunt around as I have no idea where I got it.
THIS might be the one you are thinking of.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Urinal2001 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:25 am
THIS might be the one you are thinking of.
Yup, that’s the one that should solve their hitch woes.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Yes I have seen that. And I am greatful that someone made a mod like this. However, it does seem silly that all trucks don't just come with this option. It is almost like Giants wants you to not use the base game and force you to search mods. I am just surprized how incomplete the base game trucks are. Example, the base game pickup trucks have a tow ball on the back. And what can they tow? Nothing, except the few things in the Misc category. Just about every car I buy makes a trip to UHaul to have a square receiver installed for $300 and then Tractor Supply has a wonderful assortment of hitches including pintle hitches for $100. The mobile games have the pickups able to tow everything, but the console version they tow nothing? Lighting is another problem. I do a lot of night work in the game so I want lots of lights so I can see around me.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.

Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Just to tag up on this, but from the other direction.... Does anyone know of a mod that would add a fifth wheel connection to things that have a trailer hitch or three point?
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Urinal2001 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:15 am Just to tag up on this, but from the other direction.... Does anyone know of a mod that would add a fifth wheel connection to things that have a trailer hitch or three point?
That is what a Dolly is for. A fifth wheel hitch needs to be over an axle, so hanging a fifth wheel hitch in the air behind a 3 point connector wont work. It will lift your front wheels off the ground.

Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Oh yeah, I know taken literally it would never work, I meant more in the context of what we were discussing before; the mod that can add a trailer hitch to anything that has a fifth wheel. Like, it uses the code for the fifth wheel as the basis for adding a trailer hitch. So I was wondering if the converse was available too. I know dollys exist, but for what I have in mind (something not realistic) they don't do what I want.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Small trucks: 82 Special with a XL service bed.

Big Trucks: International from Jullian F. Modding
Mack Superline X from 82 Studios
Volvo from BCBuhler
Mack Grain haulers from BCBuhler

Also of note you can put the MP Agro Taurus Truck Spreader on the International from Jullian F. and have a nice lime spreader truck, with big agro tires.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:17 pm

Also of note you can put the MP Agro Taurus Truck Spreader on the International from Jullian F. and have a nice lime spreader truck, with big agro tires.
Wish we had a like button I could smash

I missed this mod apparently. This on that International with agro tires will work nice as a Growmark style spreader for contracts
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:29 am
chedly_farms wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:17 pm

Wish we had a like button I could smash

I missed this mod apparently. This on that International with agro tires will work nice as a Growmark style spreader for contracts
It uses the dual axle with hitch combination, and then you can "slide it" on the frame where you need it. Don't use the X2 frame setting, as the speader uses the 5th wheel Combination to connect with the frame.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:21 pm
It uses the dual axle with hitch combination, and then you can "slide it" on the frame where you need it. Don't use the X2 frame setting, as the speader uses the 5th wheel Combination to connect with the frame.
Ahhh good deal. Thanks for the heads up!