Extreme Sheep farming

Nemeca99

Re: Extreme Sheep farming

Post by Nemeca99 »

i do i have a 1.5ton one on the white tractor when pulling, i might have to get the 2 ton one
FearEile

Post by FearEile »

CornetPlayer wrote:I use an Agrovector to load the pallets onto the trailer. Then, I use the Agrovector to deliver the pallets to the spinnery. It has good power for getting over the mountain road.
Did you edit something to get the agrovector to pull the trailer and do you use the blue bale trailer?
I can't connect the agrovector to that, but I can connect and use a baler or a forage wagon with it :confusednew:
Eggsbox: FearEile
CornetPlayer

Post by CornetPlayer »

FearEile wrote:
CornetPlayer wrote:I use an Agrovector to load the pallets onto the trailer. Then, I use the Agrovector to deliver the pallets to the spinnery. It has good power for getting over the mountain road.
Did you edit something to get the agrovector to pull the trailer and do you use the blue bale trailer?
I can't connect the agrovector to that, but I can connect and use a baler or a forage wagon with it :confusednew:
Oh nuts!!!!

I just looked at it again. I forgot that I'm using an Agrovector equipment mod. I just test-drove the standard one, and I like it better. Right-button extension is quicker and more responsive. I am able to hitch to another mod trailer that I now use instead of blue trailer.

Bottom line: I'll probably sell the mod version and buy the standard version.
Yoda75

Post by Yoda75 »

Couple of pics of me driving 10 pallets of Wool to the market. :)

Loadign the 10th and the last pallet onto the blue trailer
fsScreen_2012_11_15_02_56_55 by Jahny75, on Flickr

Unhitched
fsScreen_2012_11_15_03_04_11 by Jahny75, on Flickr

Hitched
fsScreen_2012_11_15_03_04_19 by Jahny75, on Flickr

Driving over a bridge
fsScreen_2012_11_15_04_09_41 by Jahny75, on Flickr

... by a river
fsScreen_2012_11_15_04_10_29 by Jahny75, on Flickr

A nice screenie
fsScreen_2012_11_15_04_11_43 by Jahny75, on Flickr

Close to selling point...
fsScreen_2012_11_15_04_12_12 by Jahny75, on Flickr

Sold 10 pallets of Wool (Normal Difficulty level): $47.000,-
fsScreen_2012_11_15_04_12_23 by Jahny75, on Flickr
markothevrba

Post by markothevrba »

It's a really nice slideshow, but I would recommend using the "spoiler", so it doesn't load up everytime and take so much of the page. I don't have anything against it, but some people don't like that :wink3:
Nemeca99

Post by Nemeca99 »

hehe nice stacking on the pallet, done day i will do that
markothevrba

Post by markothevrba »

I once almost stacked them that nicely, but I ended up bumping into pallets while loading second row, then said #$% it and just dumped them on :biggrin2:
CornetPlayer

Post by CornetPlayer »

This trailer is an equipment mod: GX Rundballen Transporter. It's designed for round bales, but works perfectly for wool pallets. First, you note it's longer than the blue trailer, so it's easy to load 10 pallets. Second, there are low side rails, which prevent the pallets from slipping off. Those rails also make loading pallets easier; just put the pallet over the rail, lower the fork, and back out. The rail pulls the pallet off.

NickelPlate

Post by NickelPlate »

CornetPlayer wrote:This trailer is an equipment mod: GX Rundballen Transporter. It's designed for round bales, but works perfectly for wool pallets. First, you note it's longer than the blue trailer, so it's easy to load 10 pallets. Second, there are low side rails, which prevent the pallets from slipping off. Those rails also make loading pallets easier; just put the pallet over the rail, lower the fork, and back out. The rail pulls the pallet off.
Nice! Mind posting or sending me a PM for the link? I think Giants is removing links for mod sites.
RubberPIX

Post by RubberPIX »

If you can't post a link to it, at least name the main site where it can be found, like www.farming-simulator.com so that we can get it. Did you convert this, was it converted already or was it made for 2013? Thanks :)

Andy
Boosted

Post by Boosted »

Nemeca99 wrote:
Boosted wrote:
Nemeca99 wrote:ya its the hurlimann xl 130, its got decent power and low cost so its not bad for pulling, right now i can pull one trailer load with aleast 20 pallets on it and do a max of 10 mph so its nice and slow and gets the job done
I got 3 of those tractors, love it. I pull 4 trailers at a time, 12 on each, 48 total, at 7mph (goes a lot faster stacking 12 per trailer, then trying to get em perfect for 2 rows of 10, or even 1 row of 10. I just place 4 pallets with decent space between each as the base, and then stack 2 more on top of each, so 4 rows of 3

its not that hard to get 10 pallets on, and 8 is the least i will put on, if you cant do atleast 8 pallets per trailer then something is wrong ;p
Well aware...you realize I said I put 12 on each trailer right? an the way I stack em makes putting 12 on easy
NickelPlate

Post by NickelPlate »

Yeah I can actually get 16 on the blue trailer stacking them on top of each other. But I don't do it because it's kind of an exploit with the pallets occupying the same space (bugged). I like to play for realism personally.
CornetPlayer

Post by CornetPlayer »

NickelPlate wrote:Nice! Mind posting or sending me a PM for the link? I think Giants is removing links for mod sites.
PM'ed.
Boosted

Post by Boosted »

NickelPlate wrote:Yeah I can actually get 16 on the blue trailer stacking them on top of each other. But I don't do it because it's kind of an exploit with the pallets occupying the same space (bugged). I like to play for realism personally.
Lol, most i've ever had was 12, and just 4 stacks of 3, most I ever hauled at once was 48. gets a bit mind numbing, I'll fill the trough (I only got 1,000 sheep) so think its about 110-120k units of grass. Ill pull all the pallets aside until theres no grass left in the trough, then pull the trailers around and takes bout 2 runs to bring em all to the spinnery. all and all process takes 2-3 hours real time and nets about $465k on Normal. But I'm also growing a cattle farm atm, got a field of wheat going for straw, giant field of grass just for hay bales, Just purchased that massive field (41?) for like 560k and gonna set it up for corn an see if thats any easier for making silage rather then using one big field for both hay bales and grass silage. Lol. I've morphed from Extreme sheep farmer to extreme livestock farmer. But only got 230 cows atm.
NickelPlate

Post by NickelPlate »

Boosted wrote: Lol, most i've ever had was 12, and just 4 stacks of 3, most I ever hauled at once was 48. gets a bit mind numbing, I'll fill the trough (I only got 1,000 sheep) so think its about 110-120k units of grass. Ill pull all the pallets aside until theres no grass left in the trough, then pull the trailers around and takes bout 2 runs to bring em all to the spinnery. all and all process takes 2-3 hours real time and nets about $465k on Normal. But I'm also growing a cattle farm atm, got a field of wheat going for straw, giant field of grass just for hay bales, Just purchased that massive field (41?) for like 560k and gonna set it up for corn an see if thats any easier for making silage rather then using one big field for both hay bales and grass silage. Lol. I've morphed from Extreme sheep farmer to extreme livestock farmer. But only got 230 cows atm.
Haha I do my sheep farming the the exact same way! I also like to support large livestock populations. For me the crops in the later stages of the game take a back seat to the cattle and sheep support (mainly because crop prices are 1/2 to 1/3 the price on normal). Now that cash is rolling in pretty good though from all my maintenance free placeable items, I think I'm gonna start gearing up and purchasing land for my cattle farm. That will take some serious money to do it on an extreme scale.