[Guide]Converting Mods from 2011 to 2013

dmann

Re: Mod Conversion Guide for Farming Simulator 2013

Post by dmann »

Staalker wrote:
_Eagle wrote:What is wrong her?:

Error: Invalid mod name 'John Deere 6830'! Characters allowed: (_, A-Z, a-z, 0-9). The first character must not be a digit
Error: Invalid mod name 'Kohn Deere 6620'! Characters allowed: (_, A-Z, a-z, 0-9). The first character must not be a digit
The file name of your zip file is probably incorrect. You can't use dashes. Only underscore and typical letters and numbers are allowed.

Rename your zip file or folder and let me know if it still has the error.
I also have the same problem but i have changed the file name and names inside the file and still i get the same error code. Any ideas whats not right?
frank67

Re: [Guide]Converting Mods from 2011 to 2013

Post by frank67 »

hej I tried to convert 1 mod and that went fine, so I tried 2 more end the shows up on the store but there are no tires on the tractor and no pict. in when I look in the shop
Staalker

Re: Mod Conversion Guide for Farming Simulator 2013

Post by Staalker »

dmann wrote:
Staalker wrote:
_Eagle wrote:What is wrong her?:

Error: Invalid mod name 'John Deere 6830'! Characters allowed: (_, A-Z, a-z, 0-9). The first character must not be a digit
Error: Invalid mod name 'Kohn Deere 6620'! Characters allowed: (_, A-Z, a-z, 0-9). The first character must not be a digit
The file name of your zip file is probably incorrect. You can't use dashes. Only underscore and typical letters and numbers are allowed.

Rename your zip file or folder and let me know if it still has the error.
I also have the same problem but i have changed the file name and names inside the file and still i get the same error code. Any ideas whats not right?
You have no spaces correct? You can't use spaces either.
dmann

Post by dmann »

i have tried with no spaces and got the same thing
n9mfk9

Post by n9mfk9 »

Hi,
was the Stoll Ballenzange every fixed
for 2013 thanks beau
hsi7

Post by hsi7 »

hello.
i've just converted some mods, 2 trucks, but they just make it all lagg and 2 cranes wich i can't buy because there's not enough space at the store even tho there aren't anything there?
anyone has the solution to this?:)
If you're gonna do it, do it big!
Cinq-Power

Post by Cinq-Power »

Had the same spacing problem with a mod, i made a change in the moddesc file, you have to because otherwise it wouldnt work.

Below the section where you put the 3 lines with the <> tags in between is a line that links to the other XML file in the folder.

Check if they still are tesame, with me (because i made a change) they were 1 character different, changed it back and it worked.
hsi7

Post by hsi7 »

checked that.. doesn't change anything..
If you're gonna do it, do it big!
rayman3600

Post by rayman3600 »

i have a favorite mod fom 2011 that when i convert it, it will lock up my 2013 fs and no longer work. is there anyone that can help do a more in depth conversion. something about converting images and other things. i have no idea how to do it. the mod is a case ih 2388 combine and header pack. it contains 3 combines and three headers. its a very complicated file, there are instructions on how to run the combine in the info book included, i will also need instructions on how to post the file to be shared to allow it to be edited. i am thankfull for any help as i know it will not be a simple task.
Xbox One X
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

Never used it myself, but I've heard that it uses many mod scripts. So you need to be a very good scripter to convert that combine. Or you have to do it without all the scripts and just use the basic combine scripts.
rayman3600

Post by rayman3600 »

What do you have to do with the scripts inorder for everything to work correctly? I am willing to try myself but I am unsure how to begin.
bassaddict wrote:Never used it myself, but I've heard that it uses many mod scripts. So you need to be a very good scripter to convert that combine. Or you have to do it without all the scripts and just use the basic combine scripts.
Xbox One X
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

Converting them. FS13 uses new/other variables and functions. The script documentation http://ls-mods.de/scriptDocumentation.php is a good place to check the variables/functions, but probably not sufficient to convert all scripts.
If you don't know any scripting or programming language, better let it go. In that case you wouldn't be able to understand all that stuff anyway. And that combine would be a very bad idea to learn scripting, because it's way to complex for beginners.
rayman3600

Post by rayman3600 »

Yea I wouldn't have a clue what I was doing, but that is a great very realistic combine. I actually work at a case ih dealer and that mod is spot on. The developers did a great job.
Xbox One X
McClure12

Post by McClure12 »

Has anyone tried converting the JD9630 v2 from 2011? I tried using the converting guidelines above and it loads into the map but then when you enter it, your stuck in it and it wont run or function at all. It basically locks the game up once you try to drive it. So figured some of the other scripts arent right but I dont really know where to start when it comes to that. Just curious if some one had aready converted it because its a good looking mod.
turbokit

Post by turbokit »

Is there no mod for hook lift container trailers and trucks? I have tryed to convert trailers and trucks but the trucks wont work and the trailer is holding the container wrong... I'm in a BIG need for HKL Mods!!!! had it on FS11 but i wont it in FS13 too! Some one please help me? =)