Extreme Sheep farming

Boosted

Re: Extreme Sheep farming

Post by Boosted »

markothevrba wrote:Thanks for posting the last tip. I was actually wondering if I can transport wool in that trailer, since it was a bale trailer like the blue one, but was never sure. Now I know I can and I will probably buy that one.

Another thing I was wondering about that trailer. Do the sides come down so you can load it, or do you just dump it from the top? Also, can pallets fall out through the huge gap on the sides?
It is possible for them to fall out, yes, just like the blue trailer, however bales cannot go through the green vertical guards on the sides or front/rear. (red strap lining the top can be moved through) As far as I know you cant lower the sides, but can still stick em in on the side at various points, I usually stick the first pallet in from the side at the very middle of the trailer then wrecklessly dump the rest in from the front and rear hahaha
markothevrba

Post by markothevrba »

It sure saves time compared to the blue trailer, I feel like a heart surgeon loading wool, because I want to get 10 of them up.

I also just bought 200 more sheep, so now I have 300. They seem to produce about 100 wool every 15-20 in game minutes. I will time it and post how long it takes for them to fill the pallet.
Boosted

Post by Boosted »

markothevrba wrote:It sure saves time compared to the blue trailer, I feel like a heart surgeon loading wool, because I want to get 10 of them up.

I also just bought 200 more sheep, so now I have 300. They seem to produce about 100 wool every 15-20 in game minutes. I will time it and post how long it takes for them to fill the pallet.
haha yes, the blue trailer required surgical precision to get 10 on there with out effin something up, the green trailer Ive had a few mishaps, but getting ten on there is pretty easy and anyone can do it, just drive to the front and rear and dump em haha. I really wanna take one of the tippers, like the big body 900 and see if it'll work the same. When I try it out ill post my results.
giacdegiac

Post by giacdegiac »

I just started another game and i'll be monitoring the time amount required for a full pallet at 1, 10, 25, 50, 100, 150 and 200 sheeps.
It'll take some time to figure out a proper "formula" so if anyone knows where to check it (files, mods, other websites or whatever) it would be nice to know the real formula

And then i'll go on cows for the milk.
Boosted

Post by Boosted »

giacdegiac wrote:I just started another game and i'll be monitoring the time amount required for a full pallet at 1, 10, 25, 50, 100, 150 and 200 sheeps.
It'll take some time to figure out a proper "formula" so if anyone knows where to check it (files, mods, other websites or whatever) it would be nice to know the real formula

And then i'll go on cows for the milk.
Well can't help ya there I guess seeing as I have 400 sheepies aka fat a$$e$
Boosted

Post by Boosted »

I really screwed the pooch on this one =\

EDIT: Managed to get a tractor hooked to it with out loosing a single pallet, and drove like this the whole way to the spinnery

WolfDK1984

Post by WolfDK1984 »

Well..

All wheel drive FTW
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other Bastard die for his"
George S. Patton.

"Who am I? I am but the sum of my experiences
and today i am more than i was yesterday and less than i will be tomorrow"
TerraByte.

"And why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up"
Thomas Wayne.
markothevrba

Post by markothevrba »

wait... You can attach a trailer to that FEL?
markothevrba

Post by markothevrba »

OK, so I timed it my 300 sheep took exactly 7 ingame hours to completely fill a pallet (PDA=100%). I play on easy btw :blushnew:
Boosted

Post by Boosted »

markothevrba wrote:wait... You can attach a trailer to that FEL?
Yes you can attach trailers to the FEL but I dont think u can attach the bail trailers to the FEL, only trailers with a low hitch, and doesn't require a PTO drive shaft. However this trailer tipped after loading the 10th pallet onto it lol
markothevrba

Post by markothevrba »

So I was loading the wool and it didn't fit.... So I made it fit :mrgreen:

Btw, I got exactly 95600 for all 10 100% full wool pallets

Boosted

Post by Boosted »

lol nice, i've fit 10 on the blue trailer before, neatly you just gotta put them super tight together and its just to tedious for me, so I like the green one better lol
markothevrba

Post by markothevrba »

I was going to do 2 or 3 rows and try to get as much as possible on, but I forgot and sold it :mrgreen:
Boosted

Post by Boosted »

markothevrba wrote:I was going to do 2 or 3 rows and try to get as much as possible on, but I forgot and sold it :mrgreen:
lol i tried it once...there was pallets all over the ground. Hopefully in a future patch the whole pallet/bale stacking system with be smoother so stuff don't glitch and go flying all over the place.
markothevrba

Post by markothevrba »

It is pretty glitchy, the pallet keeps jumping around on the forks, specially with the last FEL. It is much easier to control though