Not enough slots on console

Weasle

Re: Not enough slots on console

Post by Weasle »

Yeah I know, I had to fix stuff again today on my land before I went to work. Damn wind storm we have been having.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

nope i'll have to check it out... also seen metallica in Cleveland and i'm a metclub member
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

I just recently saw Fleetwood Mac in Pittsburgh. Front row seats.
VT WHITE VAN 99

Post by VT WHITE VAN 99 »

It’s like giants punish u for liking John Deere. Like come on my on work on a farm that only runs green and yellow so I know I want the same in farming sim
Randomnick

Post by Randomnick »

Weasle wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:36 am Yeah they should just stop making the game for console really.

Force us all to get high end PCs.

We are clearly holding everyone back in terms of development.
I bought my PC 4 years ago for around 450 Euro. All new parts, built from scratch, no old parts from previous PC. I wouldn't call that high end, yet I'm playing FS 19 on medium/high in 1080p. No slots, all the mods I want. I also have wireless receiver for X360 gamepad, steering wheel and joystick.

But I have to admit, the optimalization of this game is trash, and I mean it. Especially considering the game's engine is a decade old, and should be polished by now. On the same PC I will run GTA V and Witcher 3 on low/medium in 720p, and FS is nowhere near those games in terms of engine and graphics.
Grey20

Post by Grey20 »

I like the consols, I have an x1x I could also play on a high end pc. I changed from pc because of two many mods and options for my way of playing, I found myself playing around with so many mods that I actually lost the enjoyment of the game.

With my console I find more enjoyment out of restrictions let's face it in real life a farmer wouldn't have hundreds of implements he would only buy those he needed and make the best use out of them, if you need to download and use every single mod that comes out then you need a pc. I just wish fs19 had a 4k option for my x1x.
RogsR35UK

Post by RogsR35UK »

It wouldn’t be so bad I’d some of the tractors didn’t use a ridiculous number of slots. The Valtra A Series does seem to use rather a lot for a small tractor!

I am sure it may be a bug, but the Showroom says the PS4 exclusive T6 tractor only uses one slot (I don’t have one in my garage). I haven’t actually tried buying one to confirm that.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Saw it coming with the last couple of DLCs for 17 - a lot of the Platinum equipment for example had very high slot counts. Giants have had to step up their game with level of detail on equipment and vehicles with the competition they have seen over the past year or so. Most maps on 17 I played long-term I had to actively manage slot count more than the financial viability of my farm sadly.

Didn't Giants do something with 17 which increased the available number of slots after initial release?
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

RogsR35UK wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:12 pm It wouldn’t be so bad I’d some of the tractors didn’t use a ridiculous number of slots. The Valtra A Series does seem to use rather a lot for a small tractor!

I am sure it may be a bug, but the Showroom says the PS4 exclusive T6 tractor only uses one slot (I don’t have one in my garage). I haven’t actually tried buying one to confirm that.
that's for sure the potato harvester take's 41 slot's. i did find a post in the bug report someone was reporting a camera bug and said about the slots on xbox and someone from giants said something about being fixed in and update but not sure if meant the camera or the slot issue so guess we will see lol.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

This Slot Count issue is one of the main reasons why I see a lot of the Farm Simulator YouTubers/Streamers saying that now is the time that Giants should switch the system around so that the odd numbered entries in the series 15/17/19 and I assume 21 should be PC only releases so they can really push the game forward and implement some pretty big changes with each release (ensuring of course they dedicate teams of staff to actual doing a proper two year development.) Giants should then take the even numbered entries in the series 16/18 and 20 which until now have been for the mobile players and add the Consoles to that list. That way they could make a game more optimised to Console and Mobile Players that makes better use of their hardware without completely handcuffing them in game, whilst at the same time allowing the PC game to develop and not be held back because they also have to cater for the consoles players.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
fd1sk

Post by fd1sk »

the problem is not 10 pieces of equipment taking up 900 slots, the problem is that half of those slots are taken with 0 pieces of anything. It is easy to up the slot count if you are just going to have half of them used. This way they could have increased number of slots to 8000, oh yeah, we used 7600 already, but hey, more slots!
FS17 on Xbox
Foxweik

Post by Foxweik »

The maps take slot aswell from what i hear, thats why you start with like 500 some already used.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:33 pm This Slot Count issue is one of the main reasons why I see a lot of the Farm Simulator YouTubers/Streamers saying that now is the time that Giants should switch the system around so that the odd numbered entries in the series 15/17/19 and I assume 21 should be PC only releases so they can really push the game forward and implement some pretty big changes with each release (ensuring of course they dedicate teams of staff to actual doing a proper two year development.) Giants should then take the even numbered entries in the series 16/18 and 20 which until now have been for the mobile players and add the Consoles to that list. That way they could make a game more optimised to Console and Mobile Players that makes better use of their hardware without completely handcuffing them in game, whilst at the same time allowing the PC game to develop and not be held back because they also have to cater for the consoles players.
That sounds foolish to me.

First, consoles (especially XBox) currently have more in common with desktop machines than mobile platforms, so I don’t see much synergy gained by aligning console and mobile development. On the contrary, with the size of Giants as a company, I expect both products would suffer due to divided resources and conflicting requirements.

Second, consoles currently benefit from the PC mod community, primarily because of the commonality mentioned above. If you divorce those two efforts, I expect you would be left with even fewer mods available on consoles, which would probably anger players more than “not enough slots”. (Which really means “not enough hardware”, by the way.)

Third, the notion of “optimizing for consoles” isn’t nearly as simple as one might like to think. “Optimizing” here (as in requiring fewer system resources) is *far* more likely to mean stripping out detail, animations, quality, and such to make them smaller (RAM- and storage-wise) and simpler (computationally). That being the case, I can only imagine the wailing, moaning, and gnashing of teeth that would follow once console players saw what “more slots” cost them.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

like i said on another post.. this problem wont resolve itself until the next gen of consoles drops in a couple years and giants doesn't have to make the game for first gen xbone and ps4.. there will still be hardware limitations associated with consoles but the ceiling will be raised as the next gen *should be considerably more powerful than any gen one current console out there meaning better gpu/cpu power which translates into things like increased slots for games like farming simulator
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

The problem however will remain, even when Next Gen Consoles drop a year or two after that they will be behind PCs hardware which moves on at a fast pace, so you'll be fine after the initial release of the Game on Next Gen Consoles by the time you come round to the second release two years later you'll have the same issue where the Consoles hardware is already limited to what the PC can offer.

As for Paradox's reply to my post above, a company like Giants making substantial money from this game, should be in a position to expand its workforce to have two dedicated teams now so that one can work on and solely develop the PC version whilst the second team works on the Console and Mobile Version, they should possibly also have a third team responsible for developing the netcode and improving the multiplayer but that is a topic for another thread. Also optimising for Consoles is something as a Console Player you have to expect, and we already know that many games receive graphics downgrades before release on those platforms. Console Gamers shouldn't be upset or whine about it when they are buying a Static Piece of Hardware that does not get upgraded for 8-10 years during that Console Generation Cycle. Yeah by the end of the Xbox and PS4 lifespan I'd fully expect games on those not to look anywhere near as pretty or run anywhere near as well as the same title on a PC. The only way for this to ever be solved is for Console Makers to bring out new consoles sooner maybe every 4 to 5 years not every decade or for Gamers serious about their games and their simulators to get themselves onto a PC platform where hardware is upgrade-able and can change and adapt with the games.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*