Move on from 22 or keep Farming

Lexie

Re: Move on from 22 or keep Farming

Post by Lexie »

Beanbrother wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:31 pm Serious question not a job at anyone. Was season cycles, a big step forward for some people??
For me, it was a massive disappointment, but I have voiced my opinion plenty about that.
If you compare the base game of 19 with 22, seasonal cycles is a big step up. Now you plant crops in the right month and you also harvest in the correct month. Also the seasonal changes on trees, grass and snow is making it more immersive.

I can understand when 19 is played with the seasons mod, 22 is a step back for some, but it was a mod, not base game.
Also, for more casual players, the seaons mod added to much stuff they didn't like, so 22 seasonal cycles is right in between and can be disabled too. I like the seasonal cycles in 22, together with the better sounds, the base game is better then 19. It still is missing the feeling of 17, the atmosphere of that game is ruined when they introduced the new lightning in 19. Also the surrounding/map borders where ugly as hell, making the enviroment fake. I have to say, the Horsch map in 22, is giving me the feeling a little bit back, nice map borders, more natural colors and the environment feels more real.