Contract Question

cbsmith

Contract Question

Post by cbsmith »

I’m wondering in Contracts, if you want to do it with your own equipment does it have to be the exact same models as listed in the contract if you lease? For instance if it lists a specific sower, but I have a different model but it can plant the correct crop can I use it? Same for tractors, etc.

Thanks
Guil

Re: Contract Question

Post by Guil »

No you can use anything as long as it can say 'plant wheat in field x'
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

As long as it does the job; i've been hauling pallets with the cotton bale trailer :)
cbsmith

Post by cbsmith »

Awesome! Thanks guys
Racn

Post by Racn »

Another issue with contracts.

I noticed after doing 6 missions using my own combine and sprayer, the finance page showed $0 for mission income.
I leased the equipment for a potato harvesting mission and that reward amount showed on the Finance page as soon as it was completed.
I did another harvesting mission using my own combine, and on completion the reward amount did not get added to the mission harvesting income,
nor did the $9272.00 get added to my bank account.

Does it only work to used leased vehicles for missions?
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Racn wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:25 am Another issue with contracts.

I noticed after doing 6 missions using my own combine and sprayer, the finance page showed $0 for mission income.
I leased the equipment for a potato harvesting mission and that reward amount showed on the Finance page as soon as it was completed.
I did another harvesting mission using my own combine, and on completion the reward amount did not get added to the mission harvesting income,
nor did the $9272.00 get added to my bank account.

Does it only work to used leased vehicles for missions?
you have to go back into the contract menu and click complete to collect your money.... :biggrin2:
Racn

Post by Racn »

Thank you, all contracts completed with my own equipment was collected. Was a fair nice pay day.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

yep. enjoy! Racn
jackwi

Post by jackwi »

Is it possible in MP to give an contract to an other farm player to help you out to plough ore help with transport ore other stuff ??
jasonb911

Post by jasonb911 »

So. Trying to figure this new contract thing out. Select a contract and you either need to have the equipment already or lease it. There is no more finding the field and having equipment there to hop into? Is this correct?
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

the best part I have found about the new contract system is using the other farmers equipment on my own fields. I started new farmer on ravenport last night, sold everything, bought field 8(largest on map) started a harvesting contract on field 5 with leased equipment through the contract, which gave me the largest case harvester, a truck and trailer, I leased on my own the largest folding corn header.
so far I have sold one truck load of corn for $50 and this morning sold a train load(120K ltr) for another $150K. I still have about 1/2 the field to harvest and I haven't had to touch my loan at all yet.

I also played around on start from scratch and did something similar after taking a fertilizer contract, I bought field 1 ( all grass) then used the contract tractor to do all the mowing.

I'm still just playing around trying to see which mode/map I want to put some real time into.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I wonder if you got around the harvester being limited to the contract fields by putting your own header on it?
BlueMonkie

Post by BlueMonkie »

Ok took a contract but no equipment. It isn't at the field, the drop off stop or the shop. Where is the equipment?
fomabourne

Post by fomabourne »

VMB-TAN wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:39 pm As long as it does the job; i've been hauling pallets with the cotton bale trailer :)
This is raises a question for me. Is there some forklift and truck combination that works well for transport? Ive been trying to use the low trailer and manitou lift but its not ideal because of low clearance and
lack of ability to strap things down.
markare

Post by markare »

If you start the contract make sure you select lease equipment to get the leased stuff. It sounds to me like you just accepted it as is and the game wants you to use your own equipment. There is an option to accept the contract with leased equipment and an option to outright start it using your own.
jackwi wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:10 pm Is it possible in MP to give an contract to an other farm player to help you out to plough ore help with transport ore other stuff ??
If the other player is on your farm and not their own they can help with the contract, each farm can only accept one contract at a time.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress