Not enough slots on console

Ashtooth

Re: Not enough slots on console

Post by Ashtooth »

Sapper_DJ wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:09 pm Console games have never and will never run as good as PC it's best to accept and move on from the same arguement over and over again.
PC owners like to think that.
However, if you take a PC and a console with the same hardware specs, the console will out perform the PC.
Disclaimer:
This name has been brought to you by the creative geniuses of the generic brand name....lizard.
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Sapper_DJ wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:09 pm Console games have never and will never run as good as PC it's best to accept and move on from the same arguement over and over again.
Perhaps the ultimate performance of a console won't meet that of a PC, but the guaranteed compatibility of literally EVERY thing released more than makes up for it. We can all coexist happily however.
Dpk172

Post by Dpk172 »

To me it doesn't matter. I play on ps5. Played on pc too. Until the point came, I had to upgrade video cards and other hardware every two years to keep up with the latest games. I decided to by my first console. And now, I don't ever want to go back to pc. To me the advantages of a console are bigger then pc. But that is my own personal opinion. Now I push the power button on console and within seconds I am in the game. Yess there are limits to mods, no I can't do everything a pc player can. But for me, it all works out just fine.
I respect every gamer. Ni mater if you are on pc or on console. I see the members if this forum a litlle bit as my farming sim family and friends.
I can learn from you, and have fun with you

That is all that matters to me.
Best regards E. ✨️
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Guil wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:59 pm
OmaTana wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:15 pm
SimulatedFarmer wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:06 pm While I understand why some people think console users are somehow “deficient,” I’m betting, like other game genres, that consoles are somewhere between 35% and 50%+ of the base. I’m sure Giants is aware. I doubt they want to lose that income. I’m always amazed by the hubris of ‘PC” users. But, I’m used to it. PC World has a pretty well balanced article that addresses the “war” that will never end. I don’t object to PC exclusive maps and mods but do object to the outrage over the possibility of console exclusive maps and mods. Look up the article…it might help explain some of the “whys.”
DjGoham recently made a survey in one of his well visited livestreams and asked on which device we are playing FarmSim.

66% of the voters play on console!

The detailed votes where approximately like that:
33% PC
33% old gen Consoles
33% new gen Consoles

Therefore I think consoles and their players are very important for Giants.
I can't imagine many people or players like him. I'd say most of his audience are young console players wishing they had mod x, y, z.
That dude plays Farming Simulator with seemingly every cheat code engaged.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

JillAnnoyedFarmer wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 5:09 pm This thread was born before FS22. Slots are plentiful now.
Exactly, someone woke a 5 years old post..
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

JillAnnoyedFarmer wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:13 pm
However, if you take a PC and a console with the same hardware specs, the console will out perform the PC.
Jill I bought a cheap 2nd hand PC for £260 last July with a GTX 970 graphics card and I can tell you now it destroys my Xbox one X in every department, and I only bought the thing for making maps and not to play on as I’m a Xbox player, if you don’t believe me I can make a comparison video some time just to show you what I mean
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

Jimbob0704 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:56 pm
Jill I bought a cheap 2nd hand PC for £260 last July with a GTX 970 graphics card and I can tell you now it destroys my Xbox one X in every department, and I only bought the thing for making maps and not to play on as I’m a Xbox player, if you don’t believe me I can make a comparison video some time just to show you what I mean
You don't need to make a video, they're all over the place. I know what the series x is capable of, and even compared to that card. You might want to get your x checked out.
Disclaimer:
This name has been brought to you by the creative geniuses of the generic brand name....lizard.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

JillAnnoyedFarmer wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:49 pm
You don't need to make a video, they're all over the place. I know what the series x is capable of, and even compared to that card. You might want to get your x checked out.
The reason this argument always is made is a nice monitor is cheaper than a nice TV. The thread about relight pretty much sums that up.
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

JillAnnoyedFarmer wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:49 pm
Jimbob0704 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:56 pm

Checked out for what Jill? It plays perfectly fine , I’m just trying to debunk the myth that you need a really expensive PC to match a Xbox as I’ve found out that isn’t the case, don’t get me wrong though I still play FS on the Xbox and use the PC for map building
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Jimbob0704 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:32 pm
Checked out for what Jill? It plays perfectly fine , I’m just trying to debunk the myth that you need a really expensive PC to match a Xbox as I’ve found out that isn’t the case, don’t get me wrong though I still play FS on the Xbox and use the PC for map building
You definitely don’t need a super expensive pc to play however it’s going to cost you a little bit to get comparable graphics. If you can play on a lower setting and tolerate it I would agree, if it plays the game it will be a better experience
His name is also not Jill its farmboss
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

UncleRico wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:16 pm
You definitely don’t need a super expensive pc to play however it’s going to cost you a little bit to get comparable graphics. If you can play on a lower setting and tolerate it I would agree, if it plays the game it will be a better experience
Farmboss 😂
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

UncleRico wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:16 pm
lol I'm the boss on my farm, if that's what you mean.
I didn't say the PC needs to be expensive, it just needs higher specs.
I'm only going by the videos I've seen, and the comparisons over the years. I don't have specific links, but you can Google it and see for yourself.
I don't want a big debate, everyone can believe what they want.
Disclaimer:
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

Jack and Jill went up the hill, each with a buck and a quarter. Jill came down with $2.50 :hi:
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

Legend has it, Jack was burried on top of the hill that day.
Disclaimer:
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

Daaaaaaang. No cap, that's a raw deal