Pipe down peter piper lol
mydixiewrecked

Re: Next Farming Simulator Wishlist

Post by mydixiewrecked »

UncleRico wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:25 am
Tommy93 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:14 am
Last time I helped him...smh...*very powerful fart noises*
Now you’re getting it, welcome to the club
After all these hours I'm still pickled that my fart noises comment found its way back to the forums by the person I used it on awhile back 🤗
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Is it just me or does the discout rack in the shop almost never have anything I can use. It always has the most obscure items. I would expect to see starter items because people trade up.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Yep thats how it seems to work. The only thing I remember buying is a TLX 2020 pickup on Elmcreek. So whenever that mod dropped was about the last time I bought a used item. I'm not even sure how often the items rotate to know when to look. I seem to only look when I'm in the mood to spend some coin
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

On PC you have two ways to purchase the game.
1. On steam (don't know how that works, maybe that is the solution to what I see as a problem.)
2. From the Giants web site. This is what I want to discuss.
You get an activation key that you use at the web site and get a download.
You then activate that download and it performs an install.
You run the game and it asks for the installation code. Enter it and the game is running.
(There is a verify install feature to check for problems. Thank you very much for this feature)
On the first run it normally looks for updates and asks if you want to install those.
Restart the game and your up and running.

You go to the mod page of the game and see the Platinum Expansion and it asks you if you want to buy it.
If you press the button it launches the web page to purchase that downloadable content.
But you already bought it with the Base game.
When you downloaded the game, the Platinum package came with a second file downloaded. All the forestry stuff.

So you exit the game and go to the Platinum Forestry download file and run it.
It asks for your activation code, enter the code and a few minutes later you get an "Installation Successful" message.
Now your game has Forestry mod.
But you also bought the Season 1 pass which has 5 different downloads and a new activation code. Each one has to be run, the activation code entered and the install completed.
And then there is Season 2 with 6 different install files and a different activation code for this group which has to be entered for each install.
Then there are the individual DLC packages you purchased. Each one with its own activation code.

Is this sounding cumbersome? It is for me. Oh did I mention that you have to run the game after every install file. Well you can install a bunch of them, and if your lucky the game wont crash. (I am actually installing right now on my desktop, and did all season 2 pass before running. I double click on the icon and nothing happens. Even using the Shift key. I will probably have to uninstall and start over. Oh I saved it. Had to go into the task manager and end the active Giants Launcher that was inactive.)

I would think that in the game, next to the MOD tab there would be a purchased content tab where you can enter all your activation codes, and then the content would be added just like Mods.
Or better all your purchased content would be placed under the same activation code and it would just show up as available content that you could download, or not for whatever reason.

Again I don't know how Steam works. I'm normally a "go directly to the source and avoid the middle man" kind of guy and so I bought from Giants directly. But I would think this could be easier.

Can someone explain the Steam install process? For your sake I hope it is easier.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.

Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

Steam install process:
Buy game subscription
Download and install game using steam client program.
Adding dlc:
Buy Dlc subscription
Dlc will be automatically downloaded and installed (I don't know if this is an option that you can turn off)
Dlc that hasn't been automatically downloaded and installed can be downloaded and installed by selecting them for install in the manage dlc options.
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Gugernoot215 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:29 am Dlc will be automatically downloaded and installed (I don't know if this is an option that you can turn off)
Dlc that hasn't been automatically downloaded and installed can be downloaded and installed by selecting them for install in the manage dlc options.
And this is all managed by Steam. You don't have to mess with activation codes? Sounds much easier.

blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Helazak wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:54 am
Gugernoot215 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:29 am Dlc will be automatically downloaded and installed (I don't know if this is an option that you can turn off)
And this is all managed by Steam. You don't have to mess with activation codes? Sounds much easier.
And then there's the "swap to new PC" on for a Steam setup ...

1. Connect old and new by some form of network
2. Copy all the game files from old to new - also copy mod files
3. Login to Steam (if not already because it's in startup)
4.Tell Steam to download on new ... watch Steam go straight to "verify"
5. Launch the game ... wait while your save games (but not mods) are downloaded from Steam
6. Play FarmSim on new PC (It will be janky while the shader cache is built)

There's also the "Play on two PCs" - not simulataneously but in my case on the desktop or on the laptop
1. Finish playing on desktop
2. Robocopy the mods besktop -> laptop
3. Startup on laptop - wait for the savegames to come down
4. Start playing on laptop where I left off on desktop
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Guil

Post by Guil »

Subscription wouldn't be the word I use but yes that is why I rebought the game on steam. Updates and new DLC is a pain in the behind buying direct from Giants. They really need to introduce a launcher of sorts that can download and install the game/updates/DLC
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

Guil wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:09 pm Subscription wouldn't be the word I use but yes that is why I rebought the game on steam. Updates and new DLC is a pain in the behind buying direct from Giants. They really need to introduce a launcher of sorts that can download and install the game/updates/DLC
You are purchasing a subscription from steam for a single payment. Need to be wary of this if you intend on actually owning stuff.
https://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

It seems Giants likes to make the install process as difficult as possible. There's no need for an access code at all. They should simply allow your credentials access to download what you have paid for. Then their installer wouldn't need access codes for all the stuff you purchased.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Gugernoot215 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:31 pm
Guil wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:09 pm Subscription wouldn't be the word I use but yes that is why I rebought the game on steam. Updates and new DLC is a pain in the behind buying direct from Giants. They really need to introduce a launcher of sorts that can download and install the game/updates/DLC
You are purchasing a subscription from steam for a single payment. Need to be wary of this if you intend on actually owning stuff.
https://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/
It's mostly a ''play'' on words, you have a licence to use it digitally and if you talk to 99% of people they will assume a subscription involves a recurring payment. For almost everyone it's irrelevant. Also you should read what you linked as you are misrepresenting information.

On top of all that, Giants sell a Licence to use the game too.
Dim67

Post by Dim67 »

Here is what I would like:
Multiple characters in one save, like let's say 4.

They each have their own money and stats and can have a farmhouse. You can dress them in the wardrobe and switch between them with tabbing, they will remain where you left them.

This way you can role-play where farmer John has a mowing business. He has his own house/farm, some sheds, tractor and mowing equipment etc. He can do contracts for you the player, or even the other characters, vice versa. Jack does tree cutting, Betty has sheep, etc.

I think this could be easily implemented.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

JmGarcia wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:42 pm

I have read that you would like the terrain to be dynamic, that when it rains the tractors get stuck, etc, etc.

Well, that in farming simulator will never be, simply if they do that mods are finished, you do not know how difficult it would be to make a mod to work properly with a dynamic terrain,

Keep in mind that FS is very limited by the consoles.

How come the Mudrunner/Snowrunner games have a vibrant vehicle modding community and those games have dynamic terrain? I'm willing to bet FS25 has dynamic terrain of some description. Even if its just done in a relatively subtle way. Its a long overdue feature and we know that Giants know everyone wants it. They've tried to make it work in the past apparently.

The current FS is only limited by the last gen consoles. I'd be very, very surprised if FS25 is being made to work on the last consoles.

There's plenty of optimised power in the PS5 and current Xbox.
Guil

Post by Guil »

They tried it in the past but it didn't run well on top of the range hardware