FS22 Tedders not working

cburgess

FS22 Tedders not working

Post by cburgess »

As I play FS22 on Midwest Horizon Map (a 4x map), I am having problems in making hay: the tedders do nothing!

I found this topic from 2020, wondering if the issue has been resolved or if is it a different issue now? viewtopic.php?p=1315776&hilit=tedder+no ... g#p1315776
Tommy93

Re: FS22 Tedders not working

Post by Tommy93 »

Might be a map issue then if they already experienced this on previous versions of the same map.

What you can do is open a new save on the basegame map and test it out. If it works correctly on the basegame map it's a map issue.

You might wanna test with 2 saves on the basegame map, one with all the mods you use and one without mods.

If you having the same issue on the basegame map WITH mods, you got a mod conflict and need to identify the mod causing the issue by doing more tests.

If you don't have an issue on the basegame map WITH mods it's a map issue and you might wanna try to reach out to the author so he can fix it. Or if you are on PC you might be able to fix it yourself.

Maybe it's the tedder you are using, if it's a mod the line in one of the xml files that converts grass into hay might be wrong.

Hope I helped you out and you are able to identify the issue.

Good luck! 🤞🏼

P.s. if it turns out to be the tedder mod (if you are using one) and don't know how or feeling comfortable to edit xml files, pm me with a link to the mod and I'm happy to take a look at it for you and edit the xml file so you can use it.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

If you are using Maize Plus, tedders are a bit more complicated/realistic and don't work in "default mode"
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
cburgess

Post by cburgess »

Tommy93 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:38 pm Might be a map issue then if they already experienced this on previous versions of the same map.

What you can do is open a new save on the basegame map and test it out. If it works correctly on the basegame map it's a map issue.

You might wanna test with 2 saves on the basegame map, one with all the mods you use and one without mods.

If you having the same issue on the basegame map WITH mods, you got a mod conflict and need to identify the mod causing the issue by doing more tests.

If you don't have an issue on the basegame map WITH mods it's a map issue and you might wanna try to reach out to the author so he can fix it. Or if you are on PC you might be able to fix it yourself.

Maybe it's the tedder you are using, if it's a mod the line in one of the xml files that converts grass into hay might be wrong.

Hope I helped you out and you are able to identify the issue.

Good luck! 🤞🏼

P.s. if it turns out to be the tedder mod (if you are using one) and don't know how or feeling comfortable to edit xml files, pm me with a link to the mod and I'm happy to take a look at it for you and edit the xml file so you can use it.
Thanks for the troubleshooting tree :idea:
cburgess

Post by cburgess »

blue_painted wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:10 pm If you are using Maize Plus, tedders are a bit more complicated/realistic and don't work in "default mode"
Yes I am using MaizePlus - did not know that "default mode" glitch.Thanks.
cburgess

Post by cburgess »

Tommy93 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:38 pm Might be a map issue then if they already experienced this on previous versions of the same map.
The map is the MIdwest Horizon, and there have been some updates to it since the post in another thread a couple of years ago.

Midwest Horizon is a 4x map (4km x 4km). Are any other maps of similar size have problems with tedders?
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

cburgess wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:45 am The map is the MIdwest Horizon, and there have been some updates to it since the post in another thread a couple of years ago.

Midwest Horizon is a 4x map (4km x 4km). Are any other maps of similar size have problems with tedders?
Well if its a MaizePlus "glitch" you found the issue and the map can be working fine then.

I should rule that out first.

You know what. I will start up my pc right now and have a look at Midwest Horizon (without any mods) to see if I can ted grass with no issues.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

You want to check this out. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... slide=id.p It sounds like it should work you through your issues.
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

@cburgess, it works fine for me on Midwest Horizon 4x.
As you can see(sorry for bad quality picture 🤣, quickly took it with my phone as I realised it's 3am already):

So I really think you need to look into MaizePlus. When you are using the tedder I believe you got some extra MaizePlus options in your F1 help menu (top left) so you can choose what it needs to convert the grass to.
Correct me if ik wrong only used MaizePlus for couple weeks so I might not be correct, but I thought there were some extra options. I believe when I was using the mower with MaizePlus I did see I can mow the grass to Wet grass, dry grass etc etc, so I know it's giving options.
Dorsai

Post by Dorsai »

There is options in Maize Plus with tedders. Mowers have option of conditioned or no conditioning of grass. Tedder option starts with basegame as default, Should one want to go directly from wet hay to hay we most certainly can. RPing folks can go thru steps of stages of drying. Click F! menu setting should be at bottom of menu, Have a pleasant one!
Back in the day:
Owner/operator L Lazy M Hereford Ranch
Plays FS22 on a pc
"Put on a cowboy hat lose your mind" :hi: