Friends can't find each others server

ChickenFarmer

Friends can't find each others server

Post by ChickenFarmer »

My friend (Xbox series x) and I (ps4) have been trying to play via cross play the last two nights.

We spent two hours last night trying to find each other's servers and another 2 hours tonight. No matter how long we wait, or how often we back out and reload the server search, our servers don't come up.

Having looked online, this has been an issue since launch.

Why hasn't this been sorted by now and why can't Giants operate crossplay like Snowrunner does, where you can access a friends server cross platform with a code, rather than hoping the server will appear.

Bought this game for the multiplayer aspect, total waste of money so far. Not fit for purpose.

Any solutions?
Tommy93

Re: Friends can't find each others server

Post by Tommy93 »

There are already numerous topics on this. Giants are aware of the issue and they are trying to fix it is what I read in another topic by someone who did email giants.
krystialkitten

Post by krystialkitten »

Tommy93 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:43 pm There are already numerous topics on this. Giants are aware of the issue and they are trying to fix it is what I read in another topic by someone who did email giants.
Yea that was me. I got a half-ass response.

"Our team is already aware of that issue and is working on releasing a fix for it. We hope to have a solution in place in the future."

This kind of response tells me that they have NO clue what-so-ever as to how to fix the problem or what's even causing it.
jablam

Post by jablam »

Not surprised to see another canned "not my fault" answer from Giants on this topic.

This has been a problem since the game launched. It ruined a farm for my friends and I over a year ago, on a rented dedicated server. I never got any help for it so we shut it down. Just had the same thing start happening on multiplayer map and im watching everyone uninstall and ask for refunds.

The update version on game pass is always behind; among the many other problems that plague game pass games. They like to blame microsoft for this, but it is a known problem they have been mostly silent on for years. There is simply no excuse any more. They should bewaiting for the slowest update to go through, before matching everything up. Instead they take your money and pretend nothing is wrong with a broken game. If you intend to play, expect this every week or so for who knows how long. And you wont get any warning of how long it will be down, because they do not publicize version differences anywhere.
Last edited by jablam on Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
indigo

Post by indigo »

Hi, this evening I am tried to play Farming Simulator 22 Multiplayer mode via crossplay platform. My friend used PlayStation 5, and I was used Steam Farming Simulator 22. The point is. When connecting to server list, server is not found. All filters checked, used default maps. Served not found. After a while server was found but not available to connect. Same happens when trying to play on PC multiplayer, PC with PC. Server list not displaying my friends or my server. You have to try many times before it starts to work.. When trying crossplay platform on Steam Farming Simulator 22 to host or join PS5 Farming Simulator 22, no luck at all. Used default maps, no mods. Firewall is ok, Broadband speed is ok. Filters set to display all maps, crossplay set to be allow.. Friends can't find each others server...

Server list takes a while to display, and than you cant find each other. Same on PC steam, when trying to join other PC Steam Farming Simulator 22 Client.

Please fix your Servers...
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

We just rolled out a server side update that should reduce this issue significantly. When creating a new server, it should be visible for others within a few seconds now.
Before this, it was mostly within 30-60secs, but sometimes it could take up even several minutes or more during peak load.
indigo

Post by indigo »

Stegei wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:45 pm We just rolled out a server side update that should reduce this issue significantly. When creating a new server, it should be visible for others within a few seconds now.
Before this, it was mostly within 30-60secs, but sometimes it could take up even several minutes or more during peak load.
Finally, well done. Will try next time when my friend will be online.

Also my friend does not know, how to use PS5 controller in Farming Simulator game, as here not like PC game. It missing controller key settings screen on PS5. Like an example I will share my PC screen image below. In game key information do not tell all the keys, lets say how to turn beacons on or off, etc... Using PS5 controller is complicated for new players who never been played Farming Simulator 22. But it is very important for Farming Simulator 22 community to grow.

Kind Regards

Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

indigo wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:33 pm Also my friend does not know, how to use PS5 controller in Farming Simulator game, as here not like PC game. It missing controller key settings screen on PS5. Like an example I will share my PC screen image below. In game key information do not tell all the keys, lets say how to turn beacons on or off, etc... Using PS5 controller is complicated for new players who never been played Farming Simulator 22. But it is very important for Farming Simulator 22 community to grow.
https://www.ign.com/wikis/farming-simulator-22/Controls

And tell your friend to open the help menu on the top left so when driving he can see the controls he need.

I thought I had that menu tho when I was playing on my Xbox Series a year ago. But I'm not sure anymore, I though you have it IN game and not in the main menu. (But like I said, I can't remember correctly)
T4xs

Post by T4xs »

Stegei wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:45 pm We just rolled out a server side update that should reduce this issue significantly. When creating a new server, it should be visible for others within a few seconds now.
It would be nice if this information could also make it into the German section of the forum!
Mein WIP Thread

LG Stefan

Konsolero aus Leidenschaft :biggrin2:
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

T4xs wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:47 am It would be nice if this information could also make it into the German section of the forum!
Feel free to share the quote in the German section... *thumbsup*

Edit: I did it for you, they can Google Translate it within seconds.. :hi: :mrgreen:
T4xs

Post by T4xs »

Tommy93 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:30 am
T4xs wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:47 am It would be nice if this information could also make it into the German section of the forum!
Feel free to share the quote in the German section... *thumbsup*

Edit: I did it for you, they can Google Translate it within seconds.. :hi: :mrgreen:
That is not the point.

The point is that the CEO, whose mother tongue is German, does not consider it necessary to post a message in the German section of the forum.
Mein WIP Thread

LG Stefan

Konsolero aus Leidenschaft :biggrin2:
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

T4xs wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:17 pm That is not the point.

The point is that the CEO, whose mother tongue is German, does not consider it necessary to post a message in the German section of the forum.
Because English is the most spoken language??
He probably also didn't post it in the French section so...