Favorite Truck

Helazak

Favorite Truck

Post by Helazak »

What is your favorite truck?

Cars
TLX 2022 Series (Mod) pickup
Pros: great speed and agility
Cons: has the power to pull most everything, but is too light a truck for large trailers that push it around making it hard to control.

Primary Semi

Lizard Roadrunner+ (mod) which is my goto truck.
Pros: 1800hp and 3pt hitch and hydraulics up front for some attachments.
Cons: the Truck is a bit long, not the best for making pickups and deliveries at production sites where you can have some tight corners. Sometimes there is a traction issue

Special purpose semi
Man TGS Agri Version (mod)
Pros: Very short bed for tight corners making deliveries. Has the option to trade in the 5th wheel for a 3pt hitch and hydraulics in the back which makes it the fastest tractor that can pull a plow in the game.
Cons: poor traction, 500hp is on the weak side for heavy hauling.

Been consideirng changeing to a semi with better traction. The two I am looking at are:
TLX Phoenix (mod) 1582hp with crawler tracks. not as short as the Man but would be reasonable for a delivery as well as a workhorse.
TLX 9000 Series (mod) 2010hp with 3 axle drive. A little longer than the phoenix due to the third axle but still shorter than the Roadrunner.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
LittleWatt

Re: Favorite Truck

Post by LittleWatt »

I’m confused. The plows have the speed limiter, not the tractors. So even a 10,000 hp truck can’t pull a plow faster than the plow’s speed limit; if the plow works at only 6mph that’s all the faster you can go. I didn’t find the tracked version of the TLX to have better traction overall. Just like tractors with tracks, you’ll still get slippage. The turning radius is better but the trailers still have to abide by the rules even if the truck doesn’t. I found the tracks on the TLX to be a bit too squirrely. For tight in town deliveries, the flat nosed Volvos in 4x2 configuration are wonderful.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

LittleWatt wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:58 am I’m confused. The plows have the speed limiter, not the tractors. So even a 10,000 hp truck can’t pull a plow faster than the plow’s speed limit; if the plow works at only 6mph that’s all the faster you can go.
You are correct, but getting from one side of the map to the other to work the next field quickly is nice

The Volvo you mention, is that from the platinum expansion or a mod?
Last edited by Helazak on Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.

Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Moot

Post by Moot »

I use the TLX Winter Wolf (1800 hp) to pull 2 or 3 Lizard Underbelly trailers when I’m farming big fields.

I use the TLX 9000 cab-over-engine truck when I need to maneuver in tight spaces. I had problems when using the 3rd axle configuration - rough surfaces would cause some of the driving wheels to lift off the ground.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

The Volvo from Platinum, yes. I use the new flat nose model in Erlengrat. At 750hp it’ll handle any trailer. And the 4x2 config works well in town. Up the mountain needs something else though. Usually disabling traffic and a lot of patience.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

I really want to love the Man TGS Agri Version (mod) but every time I turn it jackknifes and annoys the poop out of me. The Tatras are solid in my book.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

The T800 kenworth by 7L modding. Small file size, clean truck, and it’s got tag axel options so it can be used for most any role. Second would be the bcbuhler volvo/macks. All three are nice realistic trucks that have normal options and aren’t so demanding on a system like some other truck mods.
Massey44

Post by Massey44 »

For small trucks/cars I like the TLX 1982 Special and the Chevrolet Silverado 1500. For trucks the Platinum Edition Volvo is nice, the Mack Pinnacle is also decent as a small grain truck. For maps with heavy snow like Alma and Edgewater I prefer the TLX Winter Wolf with a snowplow fitted since the best price for selling is usually January when the weather is the worst.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

UncleRico wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:03 am The T800 kenworth by 7L modding. Small file size, clean truck, and it’s got tag axel options so it can be used for most any role.
I couldnt find this one on modhub. Where is it?

ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Definitely the TLX 1982, and the F350. Looking forward for the new Silverado 3500 by Agro Tonho.

For semi trucks, I prefer using the Volvo WIA by Bcbuhler.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Alma, Missouri: 140 Hours
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Helazak wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:35 am
UncleRico wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:03 am The T800 kenworth by 7L modding. Small file size, clean truck, and it’s got tag axel options so it can be used for most any role.
I couldnt find this one on modhub. Where is it?
It’s not, it’s on Facebook
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:50 am Definitely the TLX 1982, and the F350. Looking forward for the new Silverado 3500 by Agro Tonho.

For semi trucks, I prefer using the Volvo WIA by Bcbuhler.
1982 is my go to pickup. I'll have one somewhere on my farm in one way or another. But I'm a *censored* for any of the NA vehicle mods and buying something new after a good harvest. Same with the semis. Anything that you can see in NA that comes out as a mod gets downloaded and used. I don't hoard vehicles but I get bored and come up with a new configuration to buy etc. Next winter the borough of Alma is gonna be purchasing a winter wolf plow truck. Guess whose the head of road maintenance in Alma lol.
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

My old go to truck was the ural with a hiab crane in farming sim 19.
Running on A refurbished 1.2k hp laptop which the graphics chip likes to crash (when playing fs22).
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
Reef

Post by Reef »

My favourite truck is.... or at least would be any euro truck (MAN, Volvo, Scania, DAF) that's left hand drive for the only map types I play which are UK maps, unfortunately there aren't any.. :frown:
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Depending on how we are using the word "truck" my favourites are the Lizard Sanatanas -- which are very close to Landrovers.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads