New to FS22 on PC, problem with sugarcane

michfarmer56

New to FS22 on PC, problem with sugarcane

Post by michfarmer56 »

Just got the game before the new year, few hours into my first save. Had an issue with grass and sugarcane this past week. Had a grass field on Elm Creek that I have never replanted since I bought (2 in game years). After this last load when I mowed and baled, the field remained in the harvested state. In that same load, had a sugarcane field I was anticipating regrowing (2nd year, playing with seasons) but as it came into the correct time to plant sugarcane the field stayed in the harvested state as well. Is there something easy to check? I just replanted both the fields this time, but want to avoid it with the sugarcane as it is a pain to plant.
Guil

Re: New to FS22 on PC, problem with sugarcane

Post by Guil »

Could be a mod that you are using. Can you post your log file please?
michfarmer56

Post by michfarmer56 »

I have attached log file. Worth mentioning that I do have a bunch of mods, kinda went crazy on my first PC game. I've been console my whole life, this is whole new world lol
Attachments
log.txt
(195.24 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
Guil

Post by Guil »

Haven't looked at the log yet but I feel your pain haha. I'd say I spent the first 6 months looking at mods more than playing the game
Guil

Post by Guil »

Ok, had a quick look at your log. First off, your graphics driver needs to be updated. The easiest way is to download and install Geforce Experience. That will find and install the latest drivers for your card.

Also you seem to have most if not all of your mods unzipped. There is no need to unzip any that are not multiple mods inside a single download and usually are named with UNZIPME at the end. Unzipping individual mods mean they won't work in mp
michfarmer56

Post by michfarmer56 »

Yes, all unzipped. My novice is showing through. I will get those back in there as zip files. Thanks for mentioning the graphics driver, I will also get that updated.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

michfarmer56 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:08 am Yes, all unzipped. My novice is showing through. I will get those back in there as zip files. Thanks for mentioning the graphics driver, I will also get that updated.
Be careful when zipping mods - you need modDesc.xml in the top level.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
michfarmer56

Post by michfarmer56 »

I was planning on clearing the mod folder and just redownloading the zip files rather than modifying what's already there. I know its more time consuming, but least likely route for errors due to what you pointed out.
Guil

Post by Guil »

It's by far the easiest route and a chance to get rid of mods you probably don't use lol
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

michfarmer56 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:51 pm I was planning on clearing the mod folder and just redownloading the zip files rather than modifying what's already there. I know its more time consuming, but least likely route for errors due to what you pointed out.
Good decision *thumbsup*
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads