Extreme Sheep farming

Boosted

Extreme Sheep farming

Post by Boosted »

With currently 217 sheep on the farm, This bailing trailer loaded with 8 pallets (6 wool bundles each) is a common sight to see.

Equipment I use to be a successful sheep farmer is:

- Deutz argovector 35.7 front loader w/ pallet fork (for loading bails)
- Blue bailing trailer (transportation of wool pallets)
- SAME Argon3 75 (tows bail trailer/forge wagon)
- Bergmann shuttle 900k (Forge trailer for picking up grass off the massive field I purchased next to the sheep farm)
- Buhrer 6135 A w/ front and rear mower attachments (for mowing the field)

Many upgrades are planned to make the work easier, and, of course more sheep are planned and testing to fit more pallets on one trailer =)
0xDECAFBAD

Re: Extreme Sheep farming

Post by 0xDECAFBAD »

I saw a screen shot where the guy fit 10 pallets on this trailer. This was one layer high. He had the rows vary neatly placed on the trailer side by side. It either took him a bit or he was really good with the front loader. If you placed them close together on trailer and placed each row close to the side you could fit 20 pallets.
Boosted

Post by Boosted »

That was one of the next things I was going to try actually, wasn't sure if there was enough room but was gonna attempt atleast 8 put side by side, and maybe another 8 on top. it does get a bit tricky but I find it a lot easier using the argovector over another front loader.
csx6245

Post by csx6245 »

It actually did take some precise maneuvering with the loader. I only had one pallet fall through the trailer on me but when I tried again it stayed on the trailer. What I found funny was when I was loading the pallets you could see the trailer wheels sinking into the ground from the weight. I still have the loaded trailer I may try to double stack it and see how it goes.
Rosenberg

Post by Rosenberg »

Is there any good money in sheepfarming?? I do not want to waste all my cash on equipment that don`t bring in much cash...
0xDECAFBAD

Post by 0xDECAFBAD »

Sheep farming is pretty cheap. At least when you start off. I have 150 sheep and I'm still using the cheapest mower. They are fine just munching on grass. On normal difficulty if I remember right 4 full pallets brings in $20,000. I thought I read somewhere that on easy difficulty each pallet is $10,000?
Boosted

Post by Boosted »

The trailer in the picture above I posted (8 pallets of 6 bundles) got me roughly 35,400$ I achieved that trailer load way faster then i've ever seeded/waited/harvested a field that netted roughly the same income. Also equipment and other expenses such as vehicle running cost, fuel, livestock maintenance seem to be on par or lower then strictly crop selling. least in my opinion.
Boosted

Post by Boosted »

0xDECAFBAD wrote:Sheep farming is pretty cheap. At least when you start off. I have 150 sheep and I'm still using the cheapest mower. They are fine just munching on grass. On normal difficulty if I remember right 4 full pallets brings in $20,000. I thought I read somewhere that on easy difficulty each pallet is $10,000?
I'm playing on normal difficulty and each bundle is roughly 750$ if i recall. so a full 6 bundle pallet is 4,500$
Rosenberg

Post by Rosenberg »

Ok, thanks. :) I was also a bit worried about it beeing like bales. A LOT of work for a very small amount of money.
Boosted

Post by Boosted »

Just added the biggest windrower to my arsenal as well which makes picking up cut grass SOOO much easier, and sheep numbers have boomed to 300 now.
RubberPIX

Post by RubberPIX »

I have 600 and that became the biggest source of income for me. You can get 10,000 for each pallet on easy provided they are 100% full. To find this out go to the last info screen in the PDA and go to the sheep section by pressing 9 a few times. When it reaches 100% and turns red, it's completely full and won't get bigger. Also, don't bother with the non-telescopic loader tractor, it's pallet fork is too buggy.

Andy
giacdegiac

Post by giacdegiac »

0xDECAFBAD wrote:Sheep farming is pretty cheap. At least when you start off. I have 150 sheep and I'm still using the cheapest mower. They are fine just munching on grass. On normal difficulty if I remember right 4 full pallets brings in $20,000. I thought I read somewhere that on easy difficulty each pallet is $10,000?
I tryed to do some math on Easy mode:

Code: Select all

Sheeps #200 @ 100% 
{
5:45   10,675 Grass   0%
16:15  9,675  Grass   100%
}

Sheeps #400 @ 100%
{
16:15  9,675 Grass   0%
21:35  8,675 Grass   100%
}
The number of sheeps affected the time required to prepare the Pallet.
The number of sheeps didn't affect the amount of grass eaten.
The number of sheeps didn't affect the max quantity of a Pallet(2,000).
The wool gathering speed affected from the number of sheeps suffers a "diminishing return".

Feel free to add or correct any data and to submit your calcs aswell!

P.S.
Should i open another thread for that?
P.P.S.
I didn't use any tedder on grass, do it changes anything ?

Edit: 4 Solar Panels --> €/day 36,380

Looks like Sheeps are useless on easy, unless you like the pallet moving immersion.
Boosted

Post by Boosted »

giacdegiac wrote:
I tryed to do some math on Easy mode:

Code: Select all

Sheeps #200 @ 100% 
{
5:45   10,675 Grass   0%
16:15  9,675  Grass   100%
}

Sheeps #400 @ 100%
{
16:15  9,675 Grass   0%
21:35  8,675 Grass   100%
}
The number of sheeps affected the time required to prepare the Pallet.
The number of sheeps didn't affect the amount of grass eaten.
The number of sheeps didn't affect the max quantity of a Pallet(2,000).
The wool gathering speed affected from the number of sheeps suffers a "diminishing return".

Feel free to add or correct any data and to submit your calcs aswell!

P.S.
Should i open another thread for that?
P.P.S.
I didn't use any tedder on grass, do it changes anything ?

Edit: 4 Solar Panels --> €/day 36,380

Looks like Sheeps are useless on easy, unless you like the pallet moving immersion.
I played originally on easy and didn't like it at all, on normal now and it is a good bit harder so im happier. when i was playing on easy I was making something like 1.5mil$ every game day with out lifting a finger. haha crazy. so in any case, easy is too easy an no fun.
giacdegiac

Post by giacdegiac »

Boosted wrote: I played originally on easy and didn't like it at all, on normal now and it is a good bit harder so im happier. when i was playing on easy I was making something like 1.5mil$ every game day with out lifting a finger. haha crazy. so in any case, easy is too easy an no fun.
I think that the multiplicators should be the same on the other difficultyes, if you have any normal or hard career that you would like to share with me i could do the calcs and maybe open another thread to discover the math beyond FS2013 :)
Boosted

Post by Boosted »

Got 10 on the trailer like csx did, was tiny bit sketchy loading them up, couple times almost dumped the whole trailer. I went for the double stack to fit 20 pallets on but upon dropping the 11th one on (1st of the 2nd row) I almost lost a whole side of the trailer so I conclude that 10 is the max to fit on one trailer unless someone out there is more daring haha

**EDIT** On normal difficulty, the trailer of 10 pallets netted $42,588 income