Extreme Sheep farming

Boosted

Re: Extreme Sheep farming

Post by Boosted »

NickelPlate wrote: Haha I do my sheep farming the the exact same way! I also like to support large livestock populations. For me the crops in the later stages of the game take a back seat to the cattle and sheep support (mainly because crop prices are 1/2 to 1/3 the price on normal). Now that cash is rolling in pretty good though from all my maintenance free placeable items, I think I'm gonna start gearing up and purchasing land for my cattle farm. That will take some serious money to do it on an extreme scale.
uh yea, think i spent roughly 1.5-2mil on equipment for the cow farm, let alone the fields and cows themselves lol. prolly spent another mil on the fields, and roughly 460k on the 230 cows, an thats still pretty small scale, still need to buy all the stuff for corn fields to see if thats any easier then grass silage. However so far biggest pet-peeve about cow farming so far is the fact of only being able to dump 12k of feed (if you have the 3 part mix) at a time, only doing 2 part mix you dump even less at a time. guess thats the price you pay for having automated milk pick up rather then loading pallets on a trailer.
n9mfk9

Post by n9mfk9 »

please pm me with the link for that trailer
thanks
RubberPIX

Post by RubberPIX »

You can find the link for that trailer by going to google and using the search term "GenX RbTransporter v2.0" without the quotes. The one you want will be near the top with the header FS 2011: GenX RbTransporter v 2.0 bale transport Mod für Farming. It looks like an easy conversion if you follow the guide in the modding section if you're inclined to do it.

Andy
Wrongway

Post by Wrongway »

I thought I would try my hand at sheep farming as a bit of a sideline to the crops. So after reading this thread bought the Agrovector along with a blue bale trailer for carting pallets of wool. However no matter how hard I try, I cannot hook the trailer up to the Agrovector. Am I missing something. The Agrovector has a hitch and the trailer is simple with no drive link on it.
markothevrba

Post by markothevrba »

You can't hitch any trailer to the agrovector, in the pictures of people doing so they have a modded version.
Only thing I found I can hitch to the standard agrovector was the baler
Boosted

Post by Boosted »

Wrongway wrote:I thought I would try my hand at sheep farming as a bit of a sideline to the crops. So after reading this thread bought the Agrovector along with a blue bale trailer for carting pallets of wool. However no matter how hard I try, I cannot hook the trailer up to the Agrovector. Am I missing something. The Agrovector has a hitch and the trailer is simple with no drive link on it.
I use a reg tractor to haul the trailers of pallets. Agrovector never leave the sheep farm, unless i lose a pallet or two or ten along the way
RubberPIX

Post by RubberPIX »

Agrovectors can also tow the mobile fuel tank.

Andy
NickelPlate

Post by NickelPlate »

Boosted wrote: uh yea, think i spent roughly 1.5-2mil on equipment for the cow farm, let alone the fields and cows themselves lol. prolly spent another mil on the fields, and roughly 460k on the 230 cows, an thats still pretty small scale, still need to buy all the stuff for corn fields to see if thats any easier then grass silage. However so far biggest pet-peeve about cow farming so far is the fact of only being able to dump 12k of feed (if you have the 3 part mix) at a time, only doing 2 part mix you dump even less at a time. guess thats the price you pay for having automated milk pick up rather then loading pallets on a trailer.
Yeah that's kind of a bummer about only being able to dump a limited amount of feed in the troughs. In FS11, there was no limit so you could feed cattle for hours and then just go off and do other stuff without worry that they'd run out of food and stop producing milk any time soon. I think I had like 1.5 million units of both grass and silage in the feed troughs on my FS11 farm.
Wrongway

Post by Wrongway »

RubberPIX wrote:Agrovectors can also tow the mobile fuel tank.

Andy
markothevrba wrote:You can't hitch any trailer to the agrovector, in the pictures of people doing so they have a modded version.
Only thing I found I can hitch to the standard agrovector was the baler
After a bit more reading I realised that I couldn't tow much with the Agrovector. Well it's not too bad to drive a tractor over from the farm now I have the shortest route well sorted. I kept the Agrofarm with it's front loader so could use that. The front loader on it will be handy if I throw a pallet or two.
CornetPlayer

Post by CornetPlayer »

RubberPIX wrote:You can find the link for that trailer by going to google and using the search term "GenX RbTransporter v2.0" without the quotes. The one you want will be near the top with the header FS 2011: GenX RbTransporter v 2.0 bale transport Mod für Farming. It looks like an easy conversion if you follow the guide in the modding section if you're inclined to do it.

Andy
I didn't make any changes to the GenX files. I used as is.
Targa

Post by Targa »

Just a shame that it's not really profitable to raise sheep. Just for kicks I bought all the equipment and 100 sheep. In approx 24 hours they produced 1 full pallet. The money for selling it was less than what I get for mowing the golf course in 2 minutes.
ZipoBibrok5x10^8

Post by ZipoBibrok5x10^8 »

100 sheep? :confusednew:

get 1000-5000 sheep and repeat it
CornetPlayer

Post by CornetPlayer »

Targa wrote:Just a shame that it's not really profitable to raise sheep. Just for kicks I bought all the equipment and 100 sheep. In approx 24 hours they produced 1 full pallet. The money for selling it was less than what I get for mowing the golf course in 2 minutes.
100 sheep is nada. Get at least 400-500. I've got 900 and will probably stop at 1000. NicklePlate had 1500; and the money is rolling in; he can't keep up. Afte he loads and delivers a trailer of 10 pallets, he's already got pallets waiting to be loaded when he returns from selling.

I've seen people post that they hav 20 sheep and wonder why nothing is happening. It will, but it will take...forever.

Concerning the cost of equipment, one trailer will bring in $45 large. Three trailers will pay for the FEL, pallet fork, and blue trailer. 400 sheep is $80k; that's another two trailers full. There. With 5 trailers, you're got your money back and some. ROI thereafter is huge; $1/day/sheep compared to income.
markothevrba

Post by markothevrba »

I agree, much better investment than cows in this game :wink3:
elgranjerou

Post by elgranjerou »

CornetPlayer wrote:This trailer is an equipment mod: GX Rundballen Transporter. It's designed for round bales, but works perfectly for wool pallets. First, you note it's longer than the blue trailer, so it's easy to load 10 pallets. Second, there are low side rails, which prevent the pallets from slipping off. Those rails also make loading pallets easier; just put the pallet over the rail, lower the fork, and back out. The rail pulls the pallet off.

I converted this mod like the guide says, but when i tried to used the trailer the game crashes and in the LOG file says this (what can be the problem?):

Failed to create vertex shader, The compile returned an error.
Listing: (368) : error C1009: "modelViewMatrix" is not member of struct "VS_INPUT"

Failed to create fragment shader, The compile returned an error.
Listing: (649) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float3"
(765) : error C1009: "modelCameraPosition" is not member of struct "FS_INPUT"

Failed to create vertex shader, The compile returned an error.
Listing: (368) : error C1009: "modelViewMatrix" is not member of struct "VS_INPUT"

Failed to create fragment shader, The compile returned an error.
Listing: (649) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float3"
(765) : error C1009: "modelCameraPosition" is not member of struct "FS_INPUT"