Extreme Sheep farming

MrXidus

Re: Extreme Sheep farming

Post by MrXidus »

elgranjerou wrote:
CornetPlayer wrote:This trailer is an equipment mod: GX Rundballen Transporter. It's designed for round bales, but works perfectly for wool pallets. First, you note it's longer than the blue trailer, so it's easy to load 10 pallets. Second, there are low side rails, which prevent the pallets from slipping off. Those rails also make loading pallets easier; just put the pallet over the rail, lower the fork, and back out. The rail pulls the pallet off.
Does this trailer allow multiple connections? Doesn't seem like it does.

For example see my screenshot below, I'd rather 3 blue trailers without the rails over 1 trailer which holds less.

CornetPlayer

Post by CornetPlayer »

Mr Xidus: only 300 sheep? Man, I can see why you'd want to load three trailers. 300 sheep wil take forever to create a pallet, even at 30x speed.

Second, you're putting only 8 pallets on each blue trailer; you can fit 10 with careful maneuvering. The trailer I use has extra space, so you can easily put 10 on sloppily.

I haven't tried linking together multiple trailers

Just out of curiosity, why do you have a fertilizer tank out there? I see both fields 37 and 38 are planted with grass. Fertilizer is of no value on grass.
Farmer GM

Post by Farmer GM »

Probably wanted to spice up the sheep area with the seeds and fert. :)
A BIG salute to farmer's and trucker's who keep the world going. If it weren't for you, our belly would cry.
MrXidus

Post by MrXidus »

CornetPlayer wrote:Mr Xidus: only 300 sheep? Man, I can see why you'd want to load three trailers. 300 sheep wil take forever to create a pallet, even at 30x speed.

Second, you're putting only 8 pallets on each blue trailer; you can fit 10 with careful maneuvering. The trailer I use has extra space, so you can easily put 10 on sloppily.

I haven't tried linking together multiple trailers

Just out of curiosity, why do you have a fertilizer tank out there? I see both fields 37 and 38 are planted with grass. Fertilizer is of no value on grass.
Since taking that screenshot I now have 800 sheep, Pallet basically is done by the time I finish loading another pallet. (120x)

True I can fit 10, I did the first few times but it just requires extra time spent in the Loader, I'm fine with loading 8.
(I'm always looking for better and larger trailers, Currently testing a large flatbed trailer I converted from 2011)

Also, that's not a fertilizer tank, That's a tank full of Jack Daniel's. Drinking on the job is a proud tradition on my sheep farm. *thumbsup*
Last edited by MrXidus on Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pim196

Post by pim196 »

Hi where do you that handing pelets?
fifi

Post by fifi »

what about on hard? how moch movey do you get on one palet?

filip
CornetPlayer

Post by CornetPlayer »

MrXidus wrote: Also, that's not a fertilizer tank, That's a tank full of Jack Daniel's. Drinking on the job is a proud tradition on my sheep farm. *thumbsup*
Sir, my respect for you just climbed 10 notches. I salute you.
CaseIH9230

Post by CaseIH9230 »

CornetPlayer wrote:
MrXidus wrote: Also, that's not a fertilizer tank, That's a tank full of Jack Daniel's. Drinking on the job is a proud tradition on my sheep farm. *thumbsup*
Sir, my respect for you just climbed 10 notches. I salute you.
LOL
CornetPlayer

Post by CornetPlayer »

Cpt.Ass wrote:http://depositfiles.com/files/n92zg49kd

This is an automatic bale trailer.. Cant remember where i got it from only have the dl url.. But i think its a good one.. Handles up to 89 square bales..
Original link
Cpt.Ass
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by Cpt.Ass »

CornetPlayer wrote:

This is an automatic bale trailer.. Cant remember where i got it from only have the dl url.. But i think its a good one.. Handles up to 89 square bales..
Original link
good searching.. no matter where its from its a good one..
Steam: mikerowe666 - feel free to add me.
CornetPlayer

Post by CornetPlayer »

I previously tested the John Deere Auto-Stacker with 22 bales, and it worked. After loading the 26th bale, the game locks-up. Apparently not compatible with the baleLoader class in the GIANTS engine.
Last edited by CornetPlayer on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cpt.Ass

Post by Cpt.Ass »

it works fine for me.. can get it full with square or round bales..
RubberPIX

Post by RubberPIX »

I believe CornetPlayer was actually referring to the JD auto-stacker he referred to in his other thread and just forgot to mention he was going to try that one out as well. :)

Andy
Cpt.Ass

Post by Cpt.Ass »

RubberPIX wrote:I believe CornetPlayer was actually referring to the JD auto-stacker he referred to in his other thread and just forgot to mention he was going to try that one out as well. :)

Andy
lol :chinese: ssshh :hi:
air250

Post by air250 »

how do you use this i tried and its not working