Extreme Sheep farming

RubberPIX

Re: Extreme Sheep farming

Post by RubberPIX »

It comes with it's own info screen that tells you what buttons to push for what, but what it doesn't do is tell you what the text at the bottom is. At the bottom you will see words like "big, left, manual" This means it's configured for big bales, unloads on the left side and has manual loading meaning you need to press the load bales button when you are near bales. Press the Toggle Bale Type key until you see either round for round bales or normal for square bales, whichever you want to load. If you want it to automatically load up bales as you drive, just toggle that on so it says automatic and then go round up your bales. Just be warned that there is a speed limit for picking up bales like with other attachments like cultivators and seeders. If you want the bales to stay on the trailer, just choose trailer for the unload side and they will stay on the trailer so you can unload them with the FEL.

Andy
RubberPIX

Post by RubberPIX »

I DID IT!!!!! I DID IT!!!!! I did a little futzing with the trailer and I got it to pick up wool pallets! The pallets aren't centered on there, they are just taking the place of the normal bales so I can theoretically fit 86 on the back. I tried replacing the round and have no idea where I went wrong since I don't speak Lua :( I'm going to increase the amount of sheep I have to insane limits and see just how many pallets I can fit on the back.

Andy
Cpt.Ass
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by Cpt.Ass »

RubberPIX wrote:I DID IT!!!!! I DID IT!!!!! I did a little futzing with the trailer and I got it to pick up wool pallets! The pallets aren't centered on there, they are just taking the place of the normal bales so I can theoretically fit 86 on the back. I tried replacing the round and have no idea where I went wrong since I don't speak Lua :( I'm going to increase the amount of sheep I have to insane limits and see just how many pallets I can fit on the back.

Andy
hahaha i would love to see a picture when you have pallets on it :D hahaha nice going :D
Steam: mikerowe666 - feel free to add me.
RubberPIX

Post by RubberPIX »

I've got to get to bed, but so far I got 18 pallets on there. I do know that to cash them in, you have to 'unload' them, unlike the blue trailer where you could just drive over the area. You also can't just sit there with the trailer and load pallets with it, the game won't see that it's off the square until you reload the game.

Keeping up with 3000 sheep is quite a challenge. I resorted to just pushing the pallets with my agrovector, swinging around and doing it 5 seconds later. :D

Andy
Wrongway

Post by Wrongway »

Boosted wrote:
RubberPIX wrote:There is already a modded version of the blue trailer and all they did was add a hitch on the back so you could hook up multiple trailers at a time. It's at http://www.farmingsimulator2013.net and I found it in the trailer section on the 3rd page from the end. Bale Trailer MS-8 medium is what it's called.

Andy
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

My dreams have been answered lmao!
Just tried this trailer and the following error appears in the log file. Any ideas anyone?

Code: Select all

Warning (performance): Raw texture format (C:/Users/Rob/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2013/mods/baleTrailer/brand_lizard.png)
Error: Mesh 'ID34' has zero triangles
CornetPlayer

Post by CornetPlayer »

I just tried to download the mod. It needs to install a download app before downloading the mod. I'll pass.
Wrongway wrote:Just tried this trailer and the following error appears in the log file. Any ideas anyone?

Warning (performance): Raw texture format (C:/Users/Rob/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2013/mods/baleTrailer/brand_lizard.png)
Error: Mesh 'ID34' has zero triangles
The Warning is nothing. Images that are not DDS simply take a fraction more time to process. The Error is another matter.
Wrongway

Post by Wrongway »

It was the error line that was bothering me. After all the problems I had with FS2011 and errors I have got a bit paranoid about keeping the log file in 2013 error free.
JoshK

Post by JoshK »

RubberPIX wrote:I've got to get to bed, but so far I got 18 pallets on there. I do know that to cash them in, you have to 'unload' them, unlike the blue trailer where you could just drive over the area. You also can't just sit there with the trailer and load pallets with it, the game won't see that it's off the square until you reload the game.

Keeping up with 3000 sheep is quite a challenge. I resorted to just pushing the pallets with my agrovector, swinging around and doing it 5 seconds later. :D

Andy

I edited the script to try and do the same but I cannot get anything to attach to the trailer. A tractor or any of the Scania trucks I've downloaded.

Any advice?

Edit: NM, used a different truck and it works.

open up ubt.lua in notepad

Replace the section where it talks about "BALETYPE_NORMAL" with this

elseif self.baleType[self.typeOnTrailer][1] == g_i18n:getText("BALETYP_NORMAL") then
					if item.item.i3dFilename == "data/maps/models/objects/strawbale/haybaleBaler.i3d" or item.item.i3dFilename == "data/maps/models/objects/strawbale/strawbaleBaler.i3d" or item.item.i3dFilename == "data/maps/models/objects/pallets/woolPallet.i3d" then
						index = index;
						nearestObject = itemNode;
						nearestDistance = distance;
					end;
MrXidus

Post by MrXidus »

JoshK wrote: I edited the script to try and do the same but I cannot get anything to attach to the trailer. A tractor or any of the Scania trucks I've downloaded.

Any advice?

Edit: NM, used a different truck and it works.

I'm trying to attach the trailer using a tractor with a Siga Duo, No luck. Which truck did you use?
JoshK

Post by JoshK »

I was able to get it hitched up with the scania_r560

http://www.ls2013.com/farming-simulator ... #more-3144
RubberPIX

Post by RubberPIX »

That's what I did to the script, but I took out the other baletypes just in case I ended up having bales near the pallets so I don't load both pallets and bales.

Andy
JoshK

Post by JoshK »

What is the best setup for fast grass mowing/harvesting?
RubberPIX

Post by RubberPIX »

The only problems I ran into is when I unloaded the pallets, they can go flying and there's a good reason too. It's taking the place of normal square bales so they are overlapping each other like in the screenshots below. So when you go to sell, you may have to go around and collect stray pallets. I noticed this mod was either made or edited by Bass so I'm hoping he can help us out and turn it into a proper pallet transporter.

For the fastest mowing and collection, get yourself the self-propelled mower and a collection wagon. When you use that mower, it'll windrow while it cuts. But for the best results, you should turn a field into grass because not all of the game's grass is without bald spots here and there.

http://home.comcast.net/~rubberpix/2012-11-25_00001.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~rubberpix/2012-11-25_00002.jpg

*In Bass I Trust*
That should be printed on all Farming Simulator ingame money.

Andy
Last edited by RubberPIX on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
JoshK

Post by JoshK »

RubberPIX wrote:
For the fastest mowing and collection, get yourself the self-propelled mower and a collection wagon. When you use that mower, it'll windrow while it cuts. But for the best results, you should turn a field into grass because not all of the game's grass is without bald spots here and there.

Do you mean the AMAZONE Profihopper? Will that even tow a wagon?
RubberPIX

Post by RubberPIX »

No, that's the slowest method. I'm talking about the $300,000+ version that is huge. I forgot that the Profihopper could also be considered self-propelled :)

Andy