Greenhouses

zanarkin

Re: Greenhouses

Post by zanarkin »

Racn wrote:Hey thats awesome, you can do all that stuff, hats off. Did you by any chance put that somewhere for download? I would grab that in a jif. *thumbsup*
Sure, here you go. It's not, in my eyes, complete as the handling and speed need further work but you can have what we are using so far. I host our server 24/7 and modding takes a lot of my CPU and I need single player for testing so I can only mod when I bring down the server on Friday mornings so this download is what I had time to do. I hope to finish it next week unless something else of more importance comes along.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h239ujg3om4ys ... LKWH97.zip

EDIT: Here is another pic of the area leading to the green houses to show how I keep everything in our map; taken from opposite directions (yes, I'm bored with all the rain lol). The yellow tank is what is filling the tanker truck and is what supplies our water as I hated that fountain thing in the normal map. The solid manure of course is right there as well. The hole in the ground with the frothy liquid with the cover removed just in front of the water tank is the access point for the cow's liquid manure. A septic tank basically housing the liquid under ground. The fertilizer guys just pull a slurry tanker up there and pump out what they need.

In the distance you can make out the Christmas tree and night time lights (turn on at 10pm and off at 7am) in the first pic and the green houses in the second.

Top Soil

Post by Top Soil »

Nice Zan -- just what the greenhouse folks are looking for, I bet -- 25k free water from the north river in one (14 mph) trip :)
Racn

Post by Racn »

Thanks Zan, great things you got going on there on your farm, that water tanker is going to be a big help.
zanarkin

Post by zanarkin »

Top Soil wrote:Nice Zan -- just what the greenhouse folks are looking for, I bet -- 25k free water from the north river in one (14 mph) trip :)
Yeah, whoever made the original truck built it on top of the small Lambo tractor, essentially using that as the frame. Because of that the weight is crazy as well as the turn radius. I can improve the speed and acceleration all I want but it led to it tipping over constantly. Using weight and down force made it even worse. Long story short, the slow speed is to keep it stable as anything faster and your on your side or upside down.

Given enough time I can get it to act right but I simply ran out of time this week :-/ I works for our farm as the truck only drives 100 feet from the water fill to the green houses but I'm sure if your driving across the map it's painful haha
lemansgranprix

Post by lemansgranprix »

Nice screenshots -bh-..! We have not expanded our production yet, but I love what you did with the solar panels in the middle, that definitely gives us some ideas. We are still using a Lizard for the manure and we are careful not to spill any as 200 cows seems to be keeping pace but not leaving a lot of room for error.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

zanarkin

Mmm, if I am reading this right you made the tanker truck “25,000 gallons” which is ~113.6m3 (if UK/rest of the world gallon) or ~94.6m3 (if US gallon) which makes just the weight of the water between ~94.6 tonnes to ~113.6 tonnes!

A Scania 6x4 truck like that should only carry ~15 tonnes of water (15000L \ 15m3) as its GVW would be 26000kg and would weigh ~11000kg empty.

Now given water seemingly has a tangible weight in game, could this not be why I only dose ~14mph and have a propensity to fall over besides any gameplay or realism consideration with regards carrying such an unrealistic quantity in such a vehicle?
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Top Soil

Post by Top Soil »

Doubt it.

I once edited the confort feed mixer vehicle to hold 250,000 and it drove fine.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

Top Soil wrote:Doubt it.

Well from my own personal observations, the 6000L water tank trailer is heavier when full of water than when empty, likewise trailers get heavier when loaded vs. when empty.

This is why trailers slow tractors more when loaded vs. empty.

The feed mixer may be an exception as it may handle things differently as it takes multiple types of things (straw, hay, silage)
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
zanarkin

Post by zanarkin »

b101uk wrote:
Top Soil wrote:Doubt it.

Well from my own personal observations, the 6000L water tank trailer is heavier when full of water than when empty, likewise trailers get heavier when loaded vs. when empty.

This is why trailers slow tractors more when loaded vs. empty.

The feed mixer may be an exception as it may handle things differently as it takes multiple types of things (straw, hay, silage)
No, the mod drove like a POS when I got it and it wasn't programmed to carry anything at all. Empty or full it just drives like a POS.
-bh-

Post by -bh- »

lemansgranprix wrote:Nice screenshots -bh-..! We have not expanded our production yet, but I love what you did with the solar panels in the middle, that definitely gives us some ideas. We are still using a Lizard for the manure and we are careful not to spill any as 200 cows seems to be keeping pace but not leaving a lot of room for error.
Yeah, the panels look nice. I was gonna throw some beehouses in there as well but I figured I'd put all of them in the small field by the Inn, next to the campsite. As if I haven't been pi** those campers off enough by mowing at all hours of the night, 20 buzzing beehouses & a couple million bees might get my point across to them.

I've had a couple spills with the lizard; never thought I'd get so frustrated spilling sh*t on the ground. lol. Just been using the Duetz 430 front loader with the shovel lately. Only holds 2000 per scoop but the speed of it makes up for it. Plus it lines up nicely with the manure trough on the greenhouses. Been saving up a bunch of coin for my next construction project; need about $26million for this one (I'll post some screenies when I complete it.) So I went back to doing mowing missions again & spending A LOT of time at the Biogas plant.

On another note, I saw this in a different thread and it's something I've been trying to figure out as well lately. Magical "other income" money that appears out of nowhere every night at midnight. Seems to differ day to day, usually going up. I'm pretty sure it has do with "placeable objects" income but not just a certain one; maybe a combination of all of them. Noticed a few nights ago; was about $132,000 & I had just refilled the greenhouses at midnight & the manure and water levels at 12:05am were down to 67% or so 10minutes after I just filled them to 100. It was more $$ last night when the day changed but the same with the greenhouse water and poo.
11:59pm:
12:00am:
Not complaining about free money but it just seems like some sorta glitch or something.
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

1 am thinking about putting up greenhouses on 35,how do you landscape it. put down grass? maybe plant and harvest sugar beets from this field first ,this leaves a green texture and i don't have to cut the grass. i wish there was a scraper were i could make roads on it or the seeder put down turf
Alienware PC.
-bh-

Post by -bh- »

pigpen wrote:1 am thinking about putting up greenhouses on 35,how do you landscape it. put down grass? maybe plant and harvest sugar beets from this field first ,this leaves a green texture and i don't have to cut the grass. i wish there was a scraper were i could make roads on it or the seeder put down turf
Yeah, I planted grass but that's a pretty good idea with the sugar beet left-overs. Wish I would've thought of that. It'll probably look really nice like that .
KMVastro

Post by KMVastro »

-bh-, it sounds like you have encountered the same bug that I described a few weeks ago (I think my post has disappeared off the two page forum into the archive).
http://forum.farming-simulator.com/view ... 02&t=48676

At each midnight crossing, N hours worth of water and manure is deducted from the greenhouses, and income goes up the appropriate amount. I have seen that N can vary anywhere between 1 (the normal situation) and 12.

Edit: It looks like in your case, N is 21 this time around.
Nina

Post by Nina »

-bh- wrote:
pigpen wrote:1 am thinking about putting up greenhouses on 35,how do you landscape it. put down grass? maybe plant and harvest sugar beets from this field first ,this leaves a green texture and i don't have to cut the grass. i wish there was a scraper were i could make roads on it or the seeder put down turf
Yeah, I planted grass but that's a pretty good idea with the sugar beet left-overs. Wish I would've thought of that. It'll probably look really nice like that .
drag a cultivator over it. it gets rid of the growing grass and leaves the site green
KMVastro

Post by KMVastro »

Nina wrote:drag a cultivator over it. it gets rid of the growing grass and leaves the site green
Call it OCD if you like, but this is what I do to almost every field I buy (to the grass trim around the field). I like my fields nice and neat.