general stuff about the game from an AMERICAN

tragicmick

general stuff about the game from an AMERICAN

Post by tragicmick »

What is the deal with the horseshoes? The finding of them has relatively NOTHING to do with where a horse would lose a shoe, I mean, the cocktail lounge of the golf course )?), the stairs to a shed? SHEESH? I was using LOGIC!! Useless.

P:EASE allow "SHIFT" to reverse on the menus.
WearierJester

Re: general stuff about the game from an AMERICAN

Post by WearierJester »

Dude it's just a fun little side quest you can do for an achievement, it has nothing to do with horses or farming. Every now and then I get bored and venture out on the ATV and look around for horseshoes myself, it's not a priority but it's just something else to do in the game.
ceebee501

Post by ceebee501 »

WearierJester wrote:Dude it's just a fun little side quest you can do for an achievement, it has nothing to do with horses or farming. Every now and then I get bored and venture out on the ATV and look around for horseshoes myself, it's not a priority but it's just something else to do in the game.
DOnt worry about him he is just a troll. Got banned last night.
Nina

Post by Nina »

also, finding the shoes has the effect of giving you a way to get a free million
treid

Post by treid »

I have read some old posts about the rainbow, pot of gold and the free million from finding all the horse shoes, so how does this process work? I have unlocked all the achievements, found all 100 horseshoes, waited for rain, and found the location of where the POG should be located (just north of the biogas plant by the water, next to some mushrooms under the pine tree) see this picture courtesy of _Dops_
http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=fssc ... 0ecpb7.jpg
What am I doing wrong?
clw2147

Post by clw2147 »

tragicmick wrote:What is the deal with the horseshoes? The finding of them has relatively NOTHING to do with where a horse would lose a shoe, I mean, the cocktail lounge of the golf course )?), the stairs to a shed? SHEESH? I was using LOGIC!! Useless.

P:EASE allow "SHIFT" to reverse on the menus.

who said they had to be somewhere a horse would loose them? if you have ever been to a real farm(i grew up in farm country) you would know that a lot of the older farmers collect horseshoes. on my uncles farm he had them all over the place, his house, over all the doors in the barn and sheds, the chicken coop, gates to the cow pastures, and probably other places that i've forgotten about. also, i've seen lots of bars and restaurants, and even golf clubs(my dad is an avid golfer) that have had horseshoe decorations. so from that point of view the locations are quite realistic.
Nina

Post by Nina »

treid wrote:I have read some old posts about the rainbow, pot of gold and the free million from finding all the horse shoes, so how does this process work? I have unlocked all the achievements, found all 100 horseshoes, waited for rain, and found the location of where the POG should be located (just north of the biogas plant by the water, next to some mushrooms under the pine tree) see this picture courtesy of _Dops_
http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=fssc ... 0ecpb7.jpg
What am I doing wrong?
it takes several days in game for the rain to come and I am not sure the rainbow will appear when the rain does. for some stupid reason ANY time you load up a game. it resets the next few days weather to perfect. so it may be a while before you see rain and who knows if every rain will have a rainbow. you best bet. ignore lifestock and harvest all your fields, and then set time advance to 120x and wait for rain to start. will take a few day cycles though. I REALY hope they get rid of this feature in the new patch. I would like to log out seeing rain in the forcast for the next day and log back in and GET THAT RAIN.....
isycz

Post by isycz »

You can make it rain from the dev console. Beware of the pixies because they get mad when you mess with weather.
BCRancher

Post by BCRancher »

Nina - like many other people I've scoured the .xml files looking for ways to manipulate the weather. It looks to me like it was developed with the intention to do exactly what you want it to - but for some reason there's another variable in the engine itself that is over-writing those intentions. I fully believe this is a bug and hopefully it will be stomped out in a future update. I have a feeling it's pretty low priority (and with as much discussion about console/mobile releases of the game feel it's probably falling even lower on the priority ladder).
treid

Post by treid »

I finally got the rainbow and gold. Thanks to everyone.
jerre

Post by jerre »

Me too, waited for the rain, like NINA said, drove too the end of the rainbow, and yes its possible in the game!! and there it was, a pot full of gold .. 1.000.000 credits!!!