planters

1206fan

planters

Post by 1206fan »

how do you get rid of the thang on the sides of the palnter the markers
isycz

Re: planters

Post by isycz »

If you are manually seeding press the Z key to lift/lower them. If it is a worker, you have to monitor him and slap him with the Z key each time he tries to lower one. My workers never learn and always end the day with very red faces :lol:
1206fan

Post by 1206fan »

thanks
wizard4278

Post by wizard4278 »

I hate to keep beating a "dead horse", but the Condor seeders don't have markers.
Professional Wise-Ass ~ Purveyor of Sarcastic Humor ~ Part-Time Alcoholic
~If you think I'm bad here, you should see me on Facebook~
isycz

Post by isycz »

wizard4278 wrote:I hate to keep beating a "dead horse", but the Condor seeders don't have markers.
Is there a mod that will beat a "dead horse" too? :lol:
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

i have seen on youtube videos where the condor leaves huge gaps in the field ,is this true? i use the big red seeder.
Alienware PC.
Bartiler

Post by Bartiler »

It can leave gaps especially at the ends due to its large turn radius and the hired hands do not compensate for that. On field one there is a square patch it misses constantly,which I suspect is from the uneven terrain, but I have to go over it with a smaller seeder to get that patch. I found the best one for myself even on the larger fields is the 'HORSCH Pronto 9DC". It has a 9 meter working width, so it doesn't cover as much ground as the Condor, but it doesn't leave large gaps in the middle of the field; however, it still misses a little bit at the end sometimes but overall it's the best one for me for my fields and I don't need to cultivate before (as it does both)
wizard4278

Post by wizard4278 »

I've never experienced large missed spots with the Condor, mostly a small corner patch, due to turning. The biggest issue is the length of the machine, which I solved by planting a strip of grass at the ends of fields with a clearance problem.
Professional Wise-Ass ~ Purveyor of Sarcastic Humor ~ Part-Time Alcoholic
~If you think I'm bad here, you should see me on Facebook~
WearierJester

Post by WearierJester »

I get the same missed spots at the end of fields with my Condor due to the large turn radius. The only big patches it misses is on field 26/27 (merged fields) where the terrain is uneven. I just wait till the hired worker is done and then hit the bare patch from a different angle, no big deal.
Flatlusa

Post by Flatlusa »

I found a sort of solution to this. I'm using the condor because of its nice width, but it does leave a thin wedge at the end of the fields with all the tractors i've tried with it, mostly deutz and the starting yellow. I have now downloaded the Kirovets mod from the official page and figured out that this one is brilliant for seeding. It is dirt cheap to buy("high" upkeep), but since it is articulated it does not leave these wedges. Also, it has ESlimiter included, so i just set harvest speed at 75% power and away it goes seeding at 15 mph :)

On the other hand, those thin wedges equal a virtually insignificant amount of area relative to the total of the field, so it is virtually impossible to notice any difference in yield...
brack

Post by brack »

isycz wrote:Is there a mod that will beat a "dead horse" too? :lol:
I've been hoping for a cow tipping mod. Maybe it would work best if there were other farmers and it was a way to weaken the competition. :zunge: