How do you use the ITrunner DLC?

Vincitore

How do you use the ITrunner DLC?

Post by Vincitore »

Hi there!

A wonderful addon is offcourse the ITrunner DLC but I was wondering how do you guys (and girls offcourse ;) ) use it?
I'm lovin' the addon but I'm a bit confused on how to use the containers. I bought several containers and place them all around my fields so that I can change the containers when they are full. This way I don't have to drive all the way to the silos or selling points.

What's your way to use it?
danielhawkins

Re: How do you use the ITrunner DLC?

Post by danielhawkins »

Yup same idea except i am just using it in the forestry sector at the moment. Got the logging attachment and the bin attachment and then i just leave the bin near where i am wood chipping with the Jenz and use the logging one for collecting logs of course. and then just interchange them for whatever i am doing.

You have a good point there. And if you are harvesting by yourself then you can just always have a few bins at the paddock and you can go over and empty.
What ever it is I just said; I could be wrong!
Farming on FS17
"PC"
-MSI Gaming Pro Carbon RGB
-Intel i7 6850K Hexacore 3.6gHz-3.9gHz
-32GB RAM
-MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
-Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 1TB
-Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
-Logitech G710+, Corsair M65 PRO RGB
-Samsung SyncMaster B2240
How to find and post your Log.txt
Vincitore

Post by Vincitore »

Yeah for the logging business it's quite nice! You can place several containers and load everything up and drive a few times to the mill :)
Diwrnach

Post by Diwrnach »

I do the same dump grain containers all over the place, use auger trailers to unload into it and haul it when full, I bring an empty container with me drop the empty off and collect the full one.

Not sure abut logging though, the logging trailer doesn't seem long enough, think will use the other logging trailer along with a tractor with log fork and just load it up with full length trees.

Might use one if In start doing wood chips though, not got round to trying that yet.

Do you guys find the log trailer a bit small?
danielhawkins

Post by danielhawkins »

Yeah it is small but i like it because i think it is virtually the biggest trailer without going over the max length the Ponsse Scorpion can cut a tree into. It takes 7m logs neatly.
Farming on FS17
"PC"
-32GB RAM
-MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
-Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
Vincitore

Post by Vincitore »

I like the trailer and its not that small! Just place several trailers and load them with a telehandler or front loader. It takes logs of 6-7 meters so that's very nice.

The wood chips is interesting but the chipper is broken in update 1.2. Maybe use a mod or wait...
Last edited by Vincitore on Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

I tried using them, but eventually found that using standard trailers was simply faster and more efficient and ended up selling them. Maybe my operation is just too big for what this pack has to offer.
Vincitore

Post by Vincitore »

How big is your operation then? Several cutters and/or loaders?
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Vincitore wrote:How big is your operation then? Several cutters and/or loaders?
19 fields, 5 combines, 3 augers, ~700,000l grain per harvest depending on what's been sown
Diwrnach

Post by Diwrnach »

mackintosh wrote:I tried using them, but eventually found that using standard trailers was simply faster and more efficient and ended up selling them. Maybe my operation is just too big for what this pack has to offer.
I have pretty much done the exact opposite of this, and I own nearly every field on Bjornholm now, the largest trailer is only slightly bigger than the ITrunner grain trailer and you can buy two of them for less than the biggest trailer, and the daily up keep is much lower.

Just stick them randomly around fields, use a auger trailer to fill them up then when full drop empty ones off and pick up full ones, quick, easy and cheap.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Diwrnach wrote:
mackintosh wrote:I tried using them, but eventually found that using standard trailers was simply faster and more efficient and ended up selling them. Maybe my operation is just too big for what this pack has to offer.
I have pretty much done the exact opposite of this, and I own nearly every field on Bjornholm now, the largest trailer is only slightly bigger than the ITrunner grain trailer and you can buy two of them for less than the biggest trailer, and the daily up keep is much lower.

Just stick them randomly around fields, use a auger trailer to fill them up then when full drop empty ones off and pick up full ones, quick, easy and cheap.
Fair enough, and from a purely financial point of view, you're absolutely right. I prefer to save time though and I'm so far into the late-game that the difference in fixed costs and maintenance is negligible, whereas the time saved is significant. I like doing the whole threshing bit in one sitting and minimizing the number of delivery runs that have to be made is of utmost importance to me. I find it much faster to just attach and detach a Krampe 30/60 than to do through the motions of hooking and unhooking the ITRunner :)
Diwrnach

Post by Diwrnach »

See I kinda like the whole hooking/unhooking thing, even if slightly slower :)

And money isn't an issue, but I still like to do things that make sense financially if that makes sense?
Vincitore

Post by Vincitore »

Diwrnach wrote:See I kinda like the whole hooking/unhooking thing, even if slightly slower :)
Like!!!! +1
Diwrnach

Post by Diwrnach »

Oh wow, I take it back about the logging trailer, thought I would give it a bash and as soon as I started driving off |I thought this might solve the unloading issue at the train, and, it DOES, just lower it and it sells the logs without tipping it over/messing about with cranes etc, brilliant!

See I modded the files for the scorpion so it could cut 12 meter lengths before so dismissed the trailer as too short, but now after trying it, its the best logging trailer by far!
danielhawkins

Post by danielhawkins »

Diwrnach wrote:Oh wow, I take it back about the logging trailer, thought I would give it a bash and as soon as I started driving off |I thought this might solve the unloading issue at the train, and, it DOES, just lower it and it sells the logs without tipping it over/messing about with cranes etc, brilliant!
Your a genius. I had never thought of doing that. Very good idea.
Farming on FS17
"PC"
-32GB RAM
-MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
-Win 10 Pro 64-Bit