Forest map - newbie....needs advice

meistroracer

Forest map - newbie....needs advice

Post by meistroracer »

Hello,

I have just now started on the forest map and I can not figure out on what to do with the vehicles that i have. I have the front loader, the grassland tractor and a old tractor. Equipments: a barrel and shovel. Okay...Now what in the world do you need a shovel for on this map? I more or less thinking we get started with some kind of tractor with the claw attachment. I am sorry but I am clueless on what to do. I feel I don't have the right equipment. I have bought field 1, 2, & 3.....but where do I get the seeds to plant the trees? So many questions.

Thank you
husher

Re: Forest map - newbie....needs advice

Post by husher »

ok no problem, the shovel is for piling wood shavings into the hopper at the bio mass burner once you get the storage shed filled.
Since i started doing the map i've almost got one patch of trees cleared and am well along with it.
First off get the money mod from www.FSuk because you will need more stuff a stump grinder especally , i took the precaution of putting extra saw mills in near each patch of forest to cut down on journey times believe me it helps,you will need a tipper to go under the sawdust chute at the back of the sawmill the red one (forgotten the name for now) is the best, its second on the list of in game tippers. The claw attachment goes on the Wideman and will pick up the logs no problem, letting them go is another story as you will find out.
New saplings are in the store menu and will appear at the store where the rest of the gear appears, stay away from the maps lumber yard it a horror story to get around unless you have loads of patience.
Then get on to You Tube and look up Landy kid and billstmaxx both have excellent vids on the forest mods and you can see just how the map plays from them.
good luck.
meistroracer

Post by meistroracer »

husher wrote:ok no problem, the shovel is for piling wood shavings into the hopper at the bio mass burner once you get the storage shed filled.
Since i started doing the map i've almost got one patch of trees cleared and am well along with it.
First off get the money mod from http://www.FSuk because you will need more stuff a stump grinder especally , i took the precaution of putting extra saw mills in near each patch of forest to cut down on journey times believe me it helps,you will need a tipper to go under the sawdust chute at the back of the sawmill the red one (forgotten the name for now) is the best, its second on the list of in game tippers. The claw attachment goes on the Wideman and will pick up the logs no problem, letting them go is another story as you will find out.
New saplings are in the store menu and will appear at the store where the rest of the gear appears, stay away from the maps lumber yard it a horror story to get around unless you have loads of patience.
Then get on to You Tube and look up Landy kid and billstmaxx both have excellent vids on the forest mods and you can see just how the map plays from them.
good luck.

I am so sorry, I am confused as to where the wood shavings would be? Bio Mass burner where is that located? I am so sorry for being a complete newbie on this map. I go on the the map and see where you are talking about. Once I get it, look out. Thank you for the advice. I have checked that link. Putting sawmills near each patch makes complete since. Okay, now do i get the cat-claw attachment but it states 2011 or 2009 FS. I didn't see fs2013 which is strange. Tippers oh yes.....that makes sense too. How do you plant trees when you have bought the fields? and what do you do to the fields? Do i plow them or do i let them as is and plant the tree? Thank you but be patience with me I am going to get it eventually. LOL
meistroracer

Post by meistroracer »

I got it. I had to get the forest mod 2.0 and I have all the needed equipment to get going. And the help instruction, that pops helps a lot. Thank you very much.

Update: Now the hard part is waiting for the trees to bloom. I have the time on 120x and still waiting. lol How long do these trees take? I am on the 4th or 5th day now. LOL but now the map is fun. For those of you that are like myself and I am sure theres not many like me that are slow. What I did? I done a search on the damcon from an advice on another post and here I found the Forest V2.0 beta...which has all the equipments that you need for map. here is a link as well http://www.modhub.us/farming-simulator- ... -2-0-beta/. If i am not allowed to post the link, I apologize.
Last edited by meistroracer on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
husher

Post by husher »

oh yes can't play it without the forest mod. if your system seems a bit reluctant to log out of the game don't worry mine stuck a bit too.
to have a look around the map pretend to buy some thing and fly around for a while there are three burner plants and one lumberyard, be careful driving out of the store are as the gates rather small and you can get stuck real easy. as for plowing i don't think its really needed so i tried cultivating as you would normally but it made no differance, planting would be with the tree planting machine but i haven't got that far yet.
meistroracer

Post by meistroracer »

I am loving the forest map alot now that i have the equipments to work worth. A lot of fun. Question. FS2015 = did Giant put the forest and farming altogether on one map? That would be incredible if they made it that way. i was thinking FS2013 why not put those together on one map?