Game won't start

annasgramma

Game won't start

Post by annasgramma »

I'm on a desktop MAC. I have downloaded the game, moved it to my Applications folder and entered my activation key. When I click "Open" to start the game, I see the dot below the game icon, but then it goes away and the game doesn't load. I restarted the computer, but that didn't help. What do I need to do to open this much anticipated new game? Thanks.
annasgramma

Re: Game won't start

Post by annasgramma »

I originally tried downloading the game using my Safari browser (not that would really make any difference). I uninstalled the game and re-installed it through Firefox. It took a LOT longer than the Safari download, but the game still will not start. I am using the download and key that I received directly from Giants. I am NOT using Steam, and really don't want to if I don't have to. Any suggestions??
zippelaar

Post by zippelaar »

When I tried to start the game on my MAC exactly the same issue occurred.
I really hope the is a fix to this problem, because I'm really looking forward to play the game.....
annasgramma

Post by annasgramma »

My son said that there are a lot of issues with this same-day release. Hopefully, it will all be sorted out very soon. These things are not unexpected....unfortunately!! Good luck!
mrfrostee

Post by mrfrostee »

It won't start for me either, with the same behavior.

2017 iMac, Radeon Pro 580 video, 24 GB RAM
OSX 10.14.1

Steam version of Farming Simulator 19

This is the error if I try to start it from the command line:

$ cd Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Farming\ Simulator\ 19/Farming\ Simulator\ 2019.app/Contents/MacOS
$ ./FarmingSimulator2019Game
szCmd: /bin/sh -c '"/usr/bin/open" "steam://run/787860"' &
Steam Client is not running. Starting Steam Client and restarting game.

The Steam Client is running, and I can run other games. I have "verified integrity of game files" in Steam.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

I also have a Mac, running the latest Mojave and found the same problem.

With experimentation I found my gamepad to be the issue, and disabling the "Emulate a 360 Controller" under advanced in "Xbox 360 Controllers" drivers and/or not using a BluTooth Gamepad (which was a BluTooth Xbox One controller) had the game starting. Perhaps this may help you if you're also using the "Xbox 360 Controllers" drivers, or a BluTooth gamepad.

Issue then become the gamepad wouldn't work "out of the box" (like FS17) and as the finger triggers didn't work couldn't be mapped correctly, I needed to fully use the keyboard. Nope, that's not for me!

I'm now playing in Windows via Bootcamp until a fix is available.
annasgramma

Post by annasgramma »

Thanks for the replies. I am NOT using a game pad. I'm trying to play on my 27" desktop iMac computer. I use a joytstick controller, but since the game won't boot, I have no way of knowing if the joystick is the problem. when I try to start the game, the Apple logo in the top left of the screen changes to FS19, but then goes away and the Apple logo shows again. Hopefully, a fix comes along soon. I've been waiting a long time to play this new version and to see it not working is a tremendous disappointment.
annasgramma

Post by annasgramma »

I found the solution. It was my JOYSTICK!! I read on the forum that someone else was having that issue and as soon as they unplugged their joystick, the game booted. That's the way it was for me. As soon as I unplugged, the game launched. But it crashed the second I plugged the joystick back in. I'm sure there's a solution, but I'm a 67-year-old granny who just plays the games....I don't know what makes them work!! At least I can steer with the keyboard, but it's a challenge!