Control problems On 19

norfolk farmer

Control problems On 19

Post by norfolk farmer »

As of yet I can't get my controls to work all I get s a constant scrolling of the options which only stops when I try and select something. Once I get in the game it will only allow me to control something via the keyboard with the external controls disconnected although it is showing it can see the wheel and pedals. My set up is iMac, G29 and saitek side panel which all works fine when I'm on 17
Wrongway

Re: Control problems On 19

Post by Wrongway »

I have same problem using Joystick, rudder pedals and Saitek control panel. Cant select any axis on pedals and a constant scrolling while trying to do anything.
blame

Post by blame »

same, it seems mine is switching over from keyboard to steering wheel al the time.
it some what wortks for me, but the throtle isnt smooth and braking goes bad too.
using a thrustmaster t150 with t3pa pedals.
Last edited by blame on Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

I cant get my G920 pedals or xbox gamepad to work properly. went back to fs17 and all is fine. Tried other games and they are also fine so its defo an issue with the game.
Vehicles stuck flat out in reverse, cranes not doing what they are told to do in the key binding menu and when on menu screens, the button icons (the ones that tell you what to press) are flickering from keyboard to controller icons so quickly that they are distorted and are really annoying.

Looked on the logitec gaming software and there's no FS19 settings available so I set default to the settings I have been using in fs17.

I thought this game had full logitec support?
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Farmer Klein has posted a solution he has found for the flickering icons over on YouTube, but I still have had no joy getting the game to recognise the pedals as brake and accelerate.
codylancaster

Post by codylancaster »

I had the same problem. I have the Saitek wheel/pedal/dual throttle quadrant. Game is unusable when first plugging up. I resorted to a cheap gamepad I had laying around and spent most the night mapping controls.

It looks like manual mapping of whichever axis is causing the menu to change will be the first step in fixing. Going into the game folder and open inputBinding.xml, go to the menu next/previous and remove the controllers mapping (remove text between the" " but do not delete the " )

This will allow you to go back into the game and start mapping all of the controls for wheel without it moving the menu. Since you have to be plugged in for the game to recognize it, this may currently be the best way to temporarily fix it until its manually mapped out.

Would be nice to be able to copy and paste the xml here once you get all of it mapped out for the Saitek system. I will try, however, you will have to copy and past your device ID in place of the one in others xml data.
Matt4president16

Post by Matt4president16 »

I had the same problems last night as most of you. For reference I am using the thrust master T150 pro wheel and 3 pedal set along with the thrust master 1600 joystick. When I started the game last night I had both controllers plugged into my computer. I configured the buttons and started the game. The controls were totally backwards and screwed up. I spent an hour trying to fix it. I started with a full system reboot and then when I loaded the game up I unplugged my wheel and pedals and plugged them back in. I also unplugged the joystick and then plugged it back in. Some how the icon flickering stopped but the controls were still screwed up. I then unplugged the joystick and configured just the wheel and pedals only. When I did this it actually showed the pedal axis instead of buttons R2 and L2. I think it may be fixed at this point so I load up the game and for the most part the wheel and pedals work fine however there is no adjustment for the force feedback and it is pretty strong. Once I felt ok with the wheel and pedals I then plugged the joystick in and configured the buttons for it again and then loaded up the sim. However it was after midnight and I had to be at work at 7am. So I went to bed. Hopefully this was a little help.

Another note
The game recognized my wheel and pedals as a B655 or something like that. Not the T150. It did recognize the joystick just fine.

Also when in the button configured screen if you click gamepad it looks like it supports two separate gamepads however all controls for both gamepads were in the same column. Not two separate columns like FS17 was.
tobra

Post by tobra »

I have problems too. It's impossible to play the game.
Image Image Image
Selsy

Post by Selsy »

I spent most of today trying to map wheel and pedals/saitek side panel, and still can’t play properly. Pedals of G29 wheel aren’t recognised and the game is doing some very odd things. Combines auto reversing when I’ve changed to map for the pedals and wheel, lots of buttons(X, square and triangle transposed. I went back into 17 to make sure I wasn’t going mad but it’s definitely not me or the controllers so must be the game.
bedspread02

Post by bedspread02 »

from the start menu select 'optioms'
scroll down to 'input help mode'
it is probably set to auto, select whatever is appropriate for you, I chose keyboard and this cleared up all of the problems I was having.
Good Luck

Michael
Rambler

Post by Rambler »

Hi, on my setup I'm using the CH products flight yoke and rudder pedals. When I look at the input bindings text file both of the CH products have the same hash number. I tried changing one of them and renaming it in the text file but the game just goes to the bottom of the page and list it again using the same hash number. I think because of that it won't recongnize the rudder pedals.
Mark

edit: Bedspread that was amazing, it fixed the flickering!!! THANK YOU!!!!
knightowl5000

Post by knightowl5000 »

the controls are horrifying I'm using the Saitek Farming Simulator Wheel, Pedals, Vehicle Side Panel Bundle, and this game is a mess the steering is delayed and no matter what the sensitivity is set to and its always stuck in reverse, I'm not playing it until they fix this.. its also nice that the setting menu keeps resetting on it own as well
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

knightowl5000 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:23 am the controls are horrifying I'm using the Saitek Farming Simulator Wheel, Pedals, Vehicle Side Panel Bundle, and this game is a mess the steering is delayed and no matter what the sensitivity is set to and its always stuck in reverse, I'm not playing it until they fix this.. its also nice that the setting menu keeps resetting on it own as well
The dead zones defaulted to 14%, which was my biggest problem. Also, make sure you check which controller youare adjusting. It took me a minute to realize it had me adjusting axis for my side panel rather than my wheel and pedals.
spidierox

Post by spidierox »

Rambler wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:34 am Hi, on my setup I'm using the CH products flight yoke and rudder pedals. When I look at the input bindings text file both of the CH products have the same hash number. I tried changing one of them and renaming it in the text file but the game just goes to the bottom of the page and list it again using the same hash number. I think because of that it won't recongnize the rudder pedals.
Mark

edit: Bedspread that was amazing, it fixed the flickering!!! THANK YOU!!!!
Same issue with the CH products.