Liebherr R902 excavator mod completely broken (Xbox)

Riven326

Liebherr R902 excavator mod completely broken (Xbox)

Post by Riven326 »

It's the old excavator mod that's been in both 17 and 19. Completely broken. You can't use the boom or arm at all and you can't swing the machine. How do these mods even pass testing? I can start the engine and open the door. But that's it.
Urinal2001

Re: Liebherr R902 excavator mod completely broken (Xbox)

Post by Urinal2001 »

You can also use the stabilisers!

But yeah, it's broken. I'm sure it will be fixed pretty soon. If not, ask for a refund on what you paid for it.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Urinal2001 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:29 pm You can also use the stabilisers!

But yeah, it's broken. I'm sure it will be fixed pretty soon. If not, ask for a refund on what you paid for it.
Thankfully it's free. But I was shocked to see Blacksheep Modding release something completely broken. They're usually very good.
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

I suspect it's not BROKEN exactly, but it looks like an oversight. From the images provided with it I get the impression it was maybe designed with a sim setup in mind, all that talk about different sticks and control layouts. And they perhaps forgot to include layouts for us lot with gamepads. Which, as oversights go, is pretty bloody major.

Nah, who am I kidding, it's broken.

But! As you said, it's free. So we dont really have any grounds to complain. And I'm confident a fix will come in the next day or two (slightly surprised it didn't come today tbf).
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

They are working on it.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Also there's a difference between complaining and bringing attention to an issue. Secondly, can we lose the pious remarks telling people what they do or don't have grounds to complain about?
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Urinal2001 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:50 pm I suspect it's not BROKEN exactly, but it looks like an oversight. From the images provided with it I get the impression it was maybe designed with a sim setup in mind, all that talk about different sticks and control layouts. And they perhaps forgot to include layouts for us lot with gamepads. Which, as oversights go, is pretty bloody major.

But! As you said, it's free. So we dont really have any grounds to complain. And I'm confident a fix will come in the next day or two (slightly surprised it didn't come today tbf).
I'm mostly complaining that the testers don't seem to have tested this mod with a controller. PC players also use controllers. So, it's something that should be tested before it goes to mod hub.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

I dunno if they actually test mods on the actual console hardware or just run it thru testing software to check for errors. I'm sure Blacksheep will get this resolved. Definitely not the first mod to work fine on PC but have issues on console.
MrMarcel5
GIANTS Software | QA Analyst

Post by MrMarcel5 »

Riven326 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:20 am
Urinal2001 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:50 pm I suspect it's not BROKEN exactly, but it looks like an oversight. From the images provided with it I get the impression it was maybe designed with a sim setup in mind, all that talk about different sticks and control layouts. And they perhaps forgot to include layouts for us lot with gamepads. Which, as oversights go, is pretty bloody major.

I'm mostly complaining that the testers don't seem to have tested this mod with a controller. PC players also use controllers. So, it's something that should be tested before it goes to mod hub.
It has been tested with controllers on PC, there everything is working as expected with a controller, as many other players / YouTubers and the Mod Author confirmed.
The problem is console specific; not controller specific.

Functionality tests are done on PC beforehand so we usually are only doing simple load / save & shader checks on the consoles themselves.
After 5200+ released mods on consoles this seems to be the first one that had such controlling issue only on console platform.
Hence why this did not got caught within console testing.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

So mods available to consoles are only tested for functionality on PC ? Why doesn't this surprise me.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

MrMarcel5 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:53 am
Riven326 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:20 am

It has been tested with controllers on PC, there everything is working as expected with a controller, as many other players / YouTubers and the Mod Author confirmed.
The problem is console specific; not controller specific.

Functionality tests are done on PC beforehand so we usually are only doing simple load / save & shader checks on the consoles themselves.
After 5200+ released mods on consoles this seems to be the first one that had such controlling issue only on console platform.
Hence why this did not got caught within console testing.
Fair enough. Thanks for replying.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Almost a month later and still no fix.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Riven326 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:35 pm Almost a month later and still no fix.
The testers have been on vacation for Christmas. They’ve done nothing for two weeks and now have a pile of backlogged mods to test. You’ll have to be patient.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Lol we got ppl making threads praising Giants progressive work approach and others ranting about no work on mods