FS19 vs FS22 on Console

nsp32

Re: FS19 vs FS22 on Console

Post by nsp32 »

Wait until you you get a PS5.I pre ordered fs22 on my ps4 pro and was very disappointed when it came out.The look and feel of the game was lacking.Tbh I thought what a waste of money FS22 was.I was one of the “I want a refund” brigade.I’ve never been so disappointed in a game since I got my original PlayStation in 1996.I then found this forum,looked around,learnt that each new version is disappointing to begin with until the updates and mods start.After a week of looming around on 22,the engine sounds alone made me never go back to 19.After another week a brought a ps5 and the difference in the game compared to my ps4 pro(both on a 4k tv)is night and day.The next gen console brought the game alive in the look and feel of it.And now 5 months on with the updates and mods it’s getting better and better.It’s not perfect,there’s still a few minor bugs etc but no different to 19.IMHO I would get a PS5 and then get fs22(if you have a 4k tv).Depends on your £££ situation,but you won’t regret going ps5 then buying fs22.
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

The ability to hire a worker to deliver crops to your farm or sell points does it for me. Semi trucks have issues still, but a trailer and tractor work great. No more spending most of my time driving truck, can actually operate the harvesters. And the ground texture is way better in 22 also.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

nsp32 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:07 pm Wait until you you get a PS5.I pre ordered fs22 on my ps4 pro and was very disappointed when it came out.The look and feel of the game was lacking.Tbh I thought what a waste of money FS22 was.I was one of the “I want a refund” brigade.I’ve never been so disappointed in a game since I got my original PlayStation in 1996.I then found this forum,looked around,learnt that each new version is disappointing to begin with until the updates and mods start.After a week of looming around on 22,the engine sounds alone made me never go back to 19.After another week a brought a ps5 and the difference in the game compared to my ps4 pro(both on a 4k tv)is night and day.The next gen console brought the game alive in the look and feel of it.And now 5 months on with the updates and mods it’s getting better and better.It’s not perfect,there’s still a few minor bugs etc but no different to 19.IMHO I would get a PS5 and then get fs22(if you have a 4k tv).Depends on your £££ situation,but you won’t regret going ps5 then buying fs22.
Don't forget the Realistic Beacons! Basically in the Home Menu Settings. *thumbsup*
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Alma, Missouri: 140 Hours
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

That's another feature that makes going back to 19 impossible for me. I never thought that realistic beacons would make that big of a difference, but now I'm not sure what I would do with out them lol
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Deereslayer wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:47 am The ability to hire a worker to deliver crops to your farm or sell points does it for me. Semi trucks have issues still, but a trailer and tractor work great. No more spending most of my time driving truck, can actually operate the harvesters. And the ground texture is way better in 22 also.
After more than a decade, Semi trucks should not have issues, and definitely should not be excused.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

ValhallSN95 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:51 am That's another feature that makes going back to 19 impossible for me. I never thought that realistic beacons would make that big of a difference, but now I'm not sure what I would do with out them lol
It's interesting to think that such a simple function like "realistic beacons", can make a game for you. I could understand if you were a moth or something. "Realistic beacons" is not new to the year 2022. Realistic beacons have been implemented in many games, and many years before 2022. The fact that people are impressed with these beacons in 2022 makes me wonder where they've been for the last 20 years.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Short answer.... yes....long answer...yess
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

What was the reason for not having realistic beacons on 19, only reason I ask is because of the turn signals, when you turned them on they reflected off things,I know this has been discussed many times on here but I haven't noticed (or maybe I missed it) anyone questioning why turn signals can but not beacons.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:51 pm What was the reason for not having realistic beacons on 19, only reason I ask is because of the turn signals, when you turned them on they reflected off things,I know this has been discussed many times on here but I haven't noticed (or maybe I missed it) anyone questioning why turn signals can but not beacons.
When turn signals flash they generally flash off one surface, maybe two and they flash once a second. Beacons reflect off every nearby surface constantly and on a moving vehicle that’s a different surface as the vehicle travels.

In terms of processing power, beacons reflecting off multiple surfaces would take a lot more calculations than turn signals.

That’s how I understand it anyway.
hudsoler

Post by hudsoler »

BeagleDad wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:57 pm Okay I'll get straight to the point. Is there a huge difference between 19 and 22? Its still farming. It still has lot of equipment to use. It still has lots of crops to work. So, what makes fs22 different enough to warrant spending 60 bucks? I really want to upgrade to it if I can see why its better.
Appreciate any and all thought and comments.

Yes, there is a huge difference between Farming Simulator 19 and Farming Simulator 22. While the core gameplay is still the same, FS22 has a number of new features and improvements that make it a much more immersive and enjoyable experience.

Here are some of the biggest differences between FS22 and FS19:

- Graphics and physics: FS22 has a completely new graphics engine that delivers stunning visuals and realistic physics. The game world is now more detailed and alive than ever before, with dynamic weather and seasons that affect your crops and livestock.
- New crops and livestock: FS22 includes a number of new crops and livestock to raise, including grapes, olives, and horses. There are also new production chains that allow you to process your crops into finished goods, such as wine, olive oil, and sugar.
- New machines and tools: FS22 features a wide range of new machines and tools to use on your farm. There are new combines, harvesters, tractors, and other vehicles, as well as new tools for planting, weeding, and harvesting.
- New gameplay features: FS22 includes a number of new gameplay features, such as a contract system that allows you to take on jobs from other farmers, a new build mode that allows you to create your own custom buildings and structures, and a new AI helper system that can help you with your farm work.
In addition to all of these new features, FS22 also has a number of improvements over FS19, such as a more polished user interface, better performance, and fewer bugs.
auroraams

Post by auroraams »

BeagleDad wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:17 pm Thanks everyone for all the input. After weighing the pros and cons, I think I am just going to wait to see if the price comes geometry dash lite down. 19 works fine for me on PS4, although with no more mods forthcoming, I might get a bit bored.
That sounds like a wise decision! Waiting for the price to drop makes sense if you're comfortable with your current setup and the new features aren't a must-have for you.

And who knows, maybe mods will get back up and running someday! Until then, there's always plenty to explore within the existing content of the PS4 version, especially if you haven't tried everything yet. You might be surprised how much fun you can still have with it.
NewHollandLegend

Post by NewHollandLegend »

FS22 is only worth it if you get it for the PS5, slot count wise that is. Hopefully FS25 makes an appearance this fall so I’d suggest just wait for that..
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Better visuals and sounds too
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Judging by BeagleDads comments about playing on Alma in another thread. I think it's safe to say he's moved on to 22