Precision Farming: bad nitrogen even after using liquid fertilizer

rogeriodec

Precision Farming: bad nitrogen even after using liquid fertilizer

Post by rogeriodec »

This is only happening with this plot.

After analyzing the soil, I used liquid fertilizer (I did the same for all my plots), but only in this one it says that the nitrogen is bad.

I have already tried applying liquid fertilizer a second time, but nothing changes.
I've also tried adding manure, but nothing changes either.
Does anybody know how to solve this?
UncleRico

Re: Precision Farming: bad nitrogen even after using liquid fertilizer

Post by UncleRico »

It’s bad because it’s high, you can have to much. This chart should help you, someone very kindly shared it in another post about something similar. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2885163905
This should help you pick a crop that will benefit from a bunch of nitrogen. It will also help you know where to stop in the future depending upon the crop you’re planting.
rogeriodec

Post by rogeriodec »

UncleRico wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:03 pm It’s bad because it’s high, you can have to much. This chart should help you, someone very kindly shared it in another post about something similar. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2885163905
This should help you pick a crop that will benefit from a bunch of nitrogen. It will also help you know where to stop in the future depending upon the crop you’re planting.
True, I was reading it backwards.
In fact, I had fertilized it when I bought the lot, without noting which seed would be used, so I understand that the amount was adjusted for the last seed that was there, right?
Is there a way to correct this (reduce nitrogen)?
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

rogeriodec wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:12 pm
In fact, I had fertilized it when I bought the lot, without noting which seed would be used, so I understand that the amount was adjusted for the last seed that was there, right?
Just to plant something that eats a lot of nitrogen. Judging by that chart and what its target is for oats you can plant wheat, canola, corn, or sugarcane and hit your target. Wheat and canola use the same head as oats and corn needs a different one. Then sugar cane requires some completely different equipment so you choose what’s best for your operation as even barley wouldn’t be bad sitting at a 180 for target.
dogwalker1

Post by dogwalker1 »

UncleRico wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:21 pm
rogeriodec wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:12 pm
Just to plant something that eats a lot of nitrogen. Judging by that chart and what its target is for oats you can plant wheat, canola, corn, or sugarcane and hit your target. Wheat and canola use the same head as oats and corn needs a different one. Then sugar cane requires some completely different equipment so you choose what’s best for your operation as even barley wouldn’t be bad sitting at a 180 for target.
...or alternately, if you're up to doing potatoes,sugarbeets or poplar any excess nitrogen won't hurt them - they'll use up most of it with no ill effect to yield (those crops can be 'overfertilized' safely).
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

dogwalker1 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:39 pm
...or alternately, if you're up to doing potatoes,sugarbeets or poplar any excess nitrogen won't hurt them - they'll use up most of it with no ill effect to yield (those crops can be 'overfertilized' safely).
Right on, this is also the kind person that shared originally shared the chart I shared, thanks again!
dogwalker1

Post by dogwalker1 »

Well, to give credit where due, I did not create the chart - and my thanks go to the person who did (goes by Iron Thunder on the Steam forum). It's been a big help to myself as well.